1/6 Hot Toys - Deadpool & Wolverine - Deadpool!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also Idk how any one will say there isn't much difference with this and the previous releases. There are major differences the sculpt is now a split design for more articulation proportions look better, outfit is very different and material looks to be better. If your happy with the last two then I understand but this definitely would be an upgrade.

Hmm, I might pick this up. I'm still rocking the OG HT Deadpool that has the body proportions of a lanky teenager.

Does no one like their super hero characters to wear their mask anymore? I've noticed this with clone troopers as well. Folks seem to prefer helmeted/masked characters without those parts of the costume being displayed.

Guess I'm the opposite. I sell off nearly every head sculpt that comes included with masked/helmeted characters. Deadpool is ok. Wade is of no interest to me though.
Nah, I’m a weirdo who likes my characters wearing masks and helmets too. I’ve almost never used unmasked head sculpts.

If I ever get a General Kenobi, I’m putting the bucket on him.

Never had a Deadpool but always enjoyed the character so I’m getting this to go with yellow tiger Hugh.

In all honestly, I’d never display DP unmasked, but it would be kinda nice just to have that head on display.
I don’t mind saving a few quid though- if the absence of a head actually results in any notable reduction in cost here.

Kinda crazy how I never got a deadpool either tbh. I should get one. I don't really care which cause his look hasn't changed that greatly from movie to movie. Kinda like raimi spidey.

If you pair this with Wolverine, it almost makes more sense to get the standard so that the bases between the two matches. You just have Deadpool on this rocky base with the logo awkwardly slapped on it with the special edition.

Z3jiFv3.png
FpxHlvK.png

FCCh1Gm.png

Last edited:
Most likely picking this guy up since I don’t have any of the previous versions. Plus the proportions are better and what seems like a new material (no flaking).

I would consider deluxe for an unmasked headsculpt. Not that it matters, can't get one anyway.

I do want to see if it's unmasked though because otherwise I think I'll just buy v2 on the secondary market. I don't own a deadpool yet.

Also, I'm on team no mask. I buy these mainly for the likeness.

Does no one like their super hero characters to wear their mask anymore? I've noticed this with clone troopers as well. Folks seem to prefer helmeted/masked characters without those parts of the costume being displayed.

Guess I'm the opposite. I sell off nearly every head sculpt that comes included with masked/helmeted characters. Deadpool is ok. Wade is of no interest to me though.
I prefer superheroes wear masks also, but the reason I got into Hot Toys, or Inart etc. is that the likenesses to the actors look so realistic. So to get a figure without a likeness defeats the purpose, what sets Hot Toys and Inart apart from other companies' figures. It justifies the high cost. Which is why I never got the Armorer from The Mandalorian. To me if you're going to get a figure without a real person's face, you can save money and buy a helmeted/masked character from another company. Also I never got Din Djarin as well until the third iteration. I knew eventually they would release a Pedro Pascal head sculpt. Nowadays it's almost a requirement due to the much higher cost of these figures.

I'm happy with just the normal version but I'll be getting two to go with my two Wolverines so I'll try to get a deluxe exclusive if possible.

I'm a little confused what is happening here, since the release date is Q3-Q4 2024. Are they releasing this figure imminently, since also i've seen it is to be available at upcoming cons I guess from the end of the month? And the additional accessories are probably spoiler marked until the film releases next week? I kind of agree they would blur the headsculpt if there was a headsculpt.

I bet if there is going to be an unmasked head, either nearer the film's release or just after, they will announce a deluxe version with an unmasked sculpt, in line with their usual waits for figures after a project, and this version is a placeholder to capitalise on film release. Could be wrong though.
I think their post meant that this is a regular preorder where the special edition has golden guns and base. However, there is a mystery item that they can't reveal because it's a spoiler or something. Also, 500 people in HK will be able to get and see that special mystery item before anyone else.

Other than that, I think this is just a collectors and exclusive edition release. Really, the only special thing is that 500 people know what it is before we do. I think...lol

I'm OK with that. Idc to much on the hidden accessorie but I have an idea what it can be. And both are in the same category.

Could someone break this down for me please as think I’ve missed it.

There is a convention exclusive version that will be released imminently. Acquiring this gives purchasers first refusal over a yet announced special figure?

Also a regular version that will also release imminently?

Finally a deluxe version (also a general release) that has golden guns and special stand?

Is that correct?

Back