1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 - Diecast MMS198D03 War Machine Mark 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what Iron Man's for. What's the point of trying to be a military weapon called War Machine if you're just wanting to look like one of Stark's armors he keeps stashed?

But I'm fine with whatever as long as we see him suited up and in action in AoU. I'm surprised there hasn't been other leaked shots or confirmation but I did see this.
Hasbro%2BMarvel%2BAvengers%2BAge%2Bof%2BUltron%2BWar%2BMachine%2Bvs%2BSub-Ultron%2B006%2B2.5%2Binch%2Bfigure.jpg

:gah: EAT IT!!!! The WM armor will be different :cuss

This figure was my first Hot Toys purchase. It spoiled me as far as the weight of the diecast goes and with Iron Patriot coming out directly after, as well as the Mark XLII, I thought the Silver Centurion and Python armors seemed cheap in comparison. As for Red Snapper, it's a robust enough figure to offset any weight or quality concerns.

I have had paint rub off of diecast parts more easily, though, while these plastic figures are maintaining well. I am looking to repair paint "dings" on my War Machine and my Mark XLII, though. Any recommendations as far as what to get? It would be great if Hot Toys sold their paints so that collectors can maintain figures like these.

The silver comes off way more easily than the gun-metal grey, but recently, some of the grey chipped off on the upper right leg. My Mark XLII has a chip on the back of the upper left leg. I am not rough with these figures, so no clue as to why the paint chipped in the first place.

This figure was my first Hot Toys purchase. It spoiled me as far as the weight of the diecast goes and with Iron Patriot coming out directly after, as well as the Mark XLII, I thought the Silver Centurion and Python armors seemed cheap in comparison. As for Red Snapper, it's a robust enough figure to offset any weight or quality concerns.

I have had paint rub off of diecast parts more easily, though, while these plastic figures are maintaining well. I am looking to repair paint "dings" on my War Machine and my Mark XLII, though. Any recommendations as far as what to get? It would be great if Hot Toys sold their paints so that collectors can maintain figures like these.

The silver comes off way more easily than the gun-metal grey, but recently, some of the grey chipped off on the upper right leg. My Mark XLII has a chip on the back of the upper left leg. I am not rough with these figures, so no clue as to why the paint chipped in the first place.

Are you posing them or is the paint just falling off the diecast?

Awesome. My 42 and IP have never been posed so I thought it may be a QC issue.

Hopefully not. Of the three, Iron Patriot may have the sturdiest paint apps. The silver on War Machine, especially the piece on the back where the diecast panel attaches over the light switch and battery compartment - scratches quite easily when taking off and putting on the diecast panel - almost like rubbing off lotto numbers. Iron Patriot has had zero issues in that area.

I suspect, but don't know for sure, that they might have used some sort of clear coat in places and neglected it in others.

I got this figure today and I'm very pleased with the quality. War Machine MK II was alot better than I thought. This was my first die cast figure, the only other 2 I own are Peacemaker and Silver centurian. This figure was much more heavier than my plastic ones. Im looking forward to collecting more diecast figures.

I got this figure today and I'm very pleased with the quality. War Machine MK II was alot better than I thought. This was my first die cast figure, the only other 2 I own are Peacemaker and Silver centurian. This figure was much more heavier than my plastic ones. Im looking forward to collecting more diecast figures.

Congrats and welcome to the freaks forum! it's a great figure. I had this but I sold it a few weeks ago when my hot rod wait list converted. It's going for a great price right now so I may consider getting this again soon.

Congrats and welcome to the freaks forum! it's a great figure. I had this but I sold it a few weeks ago when my hot rod wait list converted. It's going for a great price right now so I may consider getting this again soon.

I'd prefer Iron Patriot first but this armor is definitely on my list..... its fantastic :clap

I still prefer the Mark 1 War Machine...

I had hopes that AoU would bulk him back up but it looks like he will look very similar to the Mark II that already exists.

I still love this figure. I like the Mark II look but I would prefer a Gatling gun instead of the stock gun if I were to make a criticism.

Gimme something, I can't read ya - you're like a sphinx.

best part of that scene is the Ex-wife description
These are the Cubans, baby. This is the Cohibas, the Montecristos. This is a kinetic-kill, side-winder vehicle with a secondary cyclotrimethylenetrinitramine RDX burst. It's capable of busting a bunker under the bunker you just busted. If it were any smarter, it'd write a book, a book that would make Ulysses look like it was written in crayon. It would read it to you. This is my Eiffel Tower. This is my Rachmaninoff's Third. My Pieta. It's completely elegant, it's bafflingly beautiful, and it's capable of reducing the population of any standing structure to zero.
tumblr_static_tumblr_m3t7cxzxui1qbuxs8o1_500.gif

best part of the movie is his dancing
11b0pw6.jpg

best part of that scene is the Ex-wife description
These are the Cubans, baby. This is the Cohibas, the Montecristos. This is a kinetic-kill, side-winder vehicle with a secondary cyclotrimethylenetrinitramine RDX burst. It's capable of busting a bunker under the bunker you just busted. If it were any smarter, it'd write a book, a book that would make Ulysses look like it was written in crayon. It would read it to you. This is my Eiffel Tower. This is my Rachmaninoff's Third. My Pieta. It's completely elegant, it's bafflingly beautiful, and it's capable of reducing the population of any standing structure to zero.
View attachment 168075

best part of the movie is his dancing
11b0pw6.jpg

:clap :clap :clap

So it looks like this guy is finally sold out. Not listed on SS anymore. Only under archive as "wait-list".

Finally caved and picked up an unopened EX on ebay for $235... No way in hell would I pay retail for this, so i'm satisfied.

Back