1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 - Diecast MMS198D03 War Machine Mark 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
great deal, glad I got mine cheap too, seeing AOU stuff it looks like this was the right one to get

That's part of the reason I finally decided to get it... Another reason is that i'm a huge war machine fan and having Mark 1, Iron patriot and Hot Rod and not this one would have bugged me eventually. I'm still hoping for Mark 3 in AoU though.

Now I just need to get ahold of Iron Man mark 2 unleashed.

That's part of the reason I finally decided to get it... Another reason is that i'm a huge war machine fan and having Mark 1, Iron patriot and Hot Rod and not this one would have bugged me eventually. I'm still hoping for Mark 3 in AoU though.

Me too but if its too similar or exactly like this then What evs, I would hope he might have some more fire power and a round chest piece but I think thats asking too much :lol

I also seriously hope they bulk him up again... I know it's war machine, but to casual fans it just looks like a grey iron man with a shoulder cannon.

AOU.mp4_snapshot_00.22_[2015.02.21_02.06.44].jpg

On the contrary, there are some pretty big similarities between the AOU screenshot and the WM Mark 2. Incoming crappy MS Paint pics, be sure to open each image in a new tab to view them in full size.

I've circled the parts that are a very close, if not exact match on the 2 armors. Notice the 2 indentations right above the straight line that sharply slopes down towards the end. If you go farther up the gauntlet you see the same protrusion on both armors as well. The color you could chalk up to scene's lighting that gives it a bit of a bluish tinge, and it also shares the same wrist guard on the hand. Where they differ is the weird fuel tank looking thing on the underside of the gaunlet in the AOU screenshot.

6ztNwQe.jpg
D0Dtauw.jpg

This will be the armor in AoU......mark my words...........Go get one before the price POPS.

I had this thought when I got this piece last year. There was alot of hate about this figure when it was released because it wasn't in IM3. Movie or not, imo it's an excellent piece and one of HT best. But knowing hot toys, they will release another Wm(probably the same figure) with a Cheadle head sculpt

Yeah, I'll just hold off for the AoU version, IF there is one. Having the IM2 version and Iron Patriot has me satisfied for now. We'll see if I still feel the same way after watching AoU:lol

HT will release a AoU WM with the little changes and a Cheadle HS for over $300.

Nice pics for comparison, does look like the same gauntlet after all. Even if Rhodey suits up in this in AoU, I'll be waiting for the Mk3 in CW for my next WM purchase pending final design, from the short look I got it looks beefier than the Mk2.

Back