1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didnt think it was garbage but it wasn't Iron Man 1 standard thats for sure. I think you can see the armor 2 ways, either it was a joke armor designed for humor that was NOT funny, or it was a serious armor that was a piece of crap

but thats just my opinion

the armor is fine looking, but the movie sucked. Tony didnt do anything heroic and his armor was a joke

Lies. They have made a ton of Spider Man movies and all have them have been dog crap yet they keep churning them out. Same can be said of Clooney & Kilmer Batman films, Hulk too.

The Spider Man films weren't the work of Marvel Studios. Iron Man was their real first foray into the big screen and it was a make or break film for them. If it didn't succeed, we probably wouldn't have gotten any of the other films we have from the Marvel Cinematic Universe today.

I'm still on the fence on this one. I like it, and it compliments my Tony Stark figure, but I'm thinking if it would perhaps be a better decision to hold off and wait for the Avengers 2 suit(s). That said, I'm going to Hong Kong in a few weeks. If I find one for sale at the Hot Toys store at Mong Kok at retail, maybe I'll pick it up with the option to resell down the line.

This armor was used as a comedic device for Robert Downey Jr. I mean, lets face it, Iron Man 3 should have been Tony Stark 1. This armor looks tremendous, it has a really unqiue look with a lot of appeal... I like the look of it and Iron Man Hot Toys are hard to come by reasonably. This will round out my diecast Iron Man figures (I have War Machine 2.0 as well as Iron Patriot) so I justified getting it for all the above reasons.

I can see the argument of where it was a joke and not a traditional Mark Armor like say Mark VII, but it'll pop on the shelf.

:exactly:

Thats why I loved it, its not a movie about his armor its a movie about himself

tumblr_inline_mja4gpJ1V01qz4rgp.gif

At zero cost to him... :lol

not heroic in anyway, even worse was the badass kill he got on the Malen, then to find out he did nothing... lame

Yeah I'm worried about that when it comes to future films with Iron Man in it. Tony BETTER actually suit up and not use drones for things like that. Like, I guess it makes sense if he has to be in more than one place at once which is what assuming might happen in this but be HAS to actually suit up and do **** in armor this time around.

the armor is fine looking, but the movie sucked. Tony didnt do anything heroic and his armor was a joke
I didn't care for the film much on my initial watch but I feel it's gotten better with subsequent views. Pretty sure the Mark XLII being sort of a dud of a suit was to show that if Tony didn't have a suit that he can still use his brain and other resources to help people and whatnot. Hence the line at the end about taking away his home and his suitscbut you can't take away that he is Iron Man.

I didn't care for the film much on my initial watch but I feel it's gotten better with subsequent views. Pretty sure the Mark XLII being sort of a dud of a suit was to show that if Tony didn't have a suit that he can still use his brain and other resources to help people and whatnot. Hence the line at the end about taking away his home and his suitscbut you can't take away that he is Iron Man.

:exactly:

i understand their attempt, but it simply didnt work. Iron man is a hero, or should be. IM3 did him no justice at all. Downeys Stark (although awesome) was already a deviation from the comics, and IM3 snapped that stretching elastic

i understand their attempt, but it simply didnt work. Iron man is a hero, or should be. IM3 did him no justice at all. Downeys Stark (although awesome) was already a deviation from the comics, and IM3 snapped that stretching elastic

Exactly how I felt. Loved the 42 suit concept but the movie was so flawed. It should have been Tony Stark 1 the movie rather and not the end of the Iron Man trilogy which should have been all about IRON MAN.

I get that stark is IM but that should not be a final movie but probably the 2nd IM with the final IM showing his final suit in a glorious battle to the end.

Back