1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 296 - Avengers: AoU - Vision

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pink panties come from red paint reacting with soft rubber and fading. Not some type of bleed or color wipe or rub. If your worried about it on this then you might asxwell stop collecting hot toys.

I don't get bringing up problems that have never been reported on a figure, before a figure is released....just making things up that "could" go wrong. Based on what? It's not the same material. It's not a transfer issue. Silly

Pink panties come from red paint reacting with soft rubber and fading. Not some type of bleed or color wipe or rub. If your worried about it on this then you might asxwell stop collecting hot toys.

I don't get bringing up problems that have never been reported on a figure, before a figure is released....just making things up that "could" go wrong. Based on what? It's not the same material. It's not a transfer issue. Silly

The figure is really beautiful but,in almost all pictures, I already see color difference between face and neck.... don't you ?

I loved Vision, but I'm on the fence with this figure. I imagine he'd have to be put in a museum pose, to avoid damage to the suit.

The figure is really beautiful but,in almost all pictures, I already see color difference between face and neck.... don't you ?

What difference does that make? Has nothing to do with the "pink panties" issue.

I loved Vision, but I'm on the fence with this figure. I imagine he'd have to be put in a museum pose, to avoid damage to the suit.

The material is very similar to mos which I've had one in a high dynamic flight pose for 8 plus months with no issues.

Again...that has nothing to do with the pink panty issue. Not even the same ball park.

The pink panty issue is when the standard mid section (or occasionally the hands) of an iron man figure appeared to "fade" over time. From the normal red to a pink. (It's from a Chem reaction between the material and the paint, not fading as it appears).

The only similarity in situations is that both iron man and vision are painted in a variation of red. That's it. So, again, not a "pink panty" issue. And using those "buzz words" gives people the wrong impression.

Again...that has nothing to do with the pink panty issue. Not even the same ball park.

The pink panty issue is when the standard mid section (or occasionally the hands) of an iron man figure appeared to "fade" over time. From the normal red to a pink. (It's from a Chem reaction between the material and the paint, not fading as it appears).

The only similarity in situations is that both iron man and vision are painted in a variation of red. That's it. So, again, not a "pink panty" issue. And using those "buzz words" gives people the wrong impression.

Ok,true.No "pink panty" issue ,but someone else sees the color difference (head and neck) that I mentioned or not ?

It's mostly the finish not the color. The face is semi gloss and the neck is matte. But parts of the head are matte to. Its a very slight difference that's exaggerated by lighting and flash and cameras. In person it's not that noticeable and it looks organic.

He looks like he's wearing his mom's curtains as a cape but beyond that it's a cool looking figure.

I'm deathly afraid of the pink panty syndrome affecting this figure.

I don't think that will be an issue. It has been several years and figures since that occurred. I do feel that HT has corrected that problem. There have been some Iron Man figures that have been released that have the rubber painted red, and there are no issues with the color changing to pink.

I understand the cause of "pink panties." Iron Patriot salute-hand going pink:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/marvel-action-figures/124986-1-6-hot-toys-mms195d1-iron-3-iron-patriot-diecast-series-official-specs-pics-338.html

How much of The Vision figure is painted rubber?

You tell me how much of it is..I'm not bringing up issues about a figure without knowing if they even could occur. I find it better to bring up issues after they happen.

Final Vision payment just got moved to April 5th.

Ditto...not surprised as this just came out in HK but damn ... I think my original final payment was scheduled for Jan 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That put the payments at the first part of the three month window that hot toys provides (quarters). That way the customer knows into have the funds available that early. Easier to hold the funds then come up with the money you don't have. The expected shipment was 1st qrter 2016. If it's March still in that window.

It definitely spaces things out for me ... I might just cave and buy another figure while I wait ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back