1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 306 - Avengers: AoU - Thor Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish they'd use bodies like this on the bare arm figures like this new Thor. It's the best balance between aesthetics and functionality in my opinion. Seems like they're sticking with the jointless rubber arms, so I'll be sticking with somewhat boring poses on figures with that limitation.

I wish they'd use bodies like this on the bare arm figures like this new Thor. It's the best balance between aesthetics and functionality in my opinion. Seems like they're sticking with the jointless rubber arms, so I'll be sticking with somewhat boring poses on figures with that limitation.

Definitely the better option. I picked up Gamora, but I am hoping for the version in the red suit where they could use plastic arms with joints instead. These rubber arms are great for adding more realism, but maybe not so much for longevity. I have seen pics of rips and tears on these arms before.

Agreed. Would love a sleeveless Thor with arms like that, as much as I love the seamless look. Rather be able to do some action poses.

Agreed. Would love a sleeveless Thor with arms like that, as much as I love the seamless look. Rather be able to do some action poses.

Maybe Sideshow will give us one...whenever they decide to start taking the Marvel 1/6 scale license serious

With ugly visible arm joints like that I would never even consider buying this.

With ugly visible arm joints like that I would never even consider buying this.

It's never been something that's bothered me, personally. They're action figures, fancy though they may be, and I think both material degradation as well as aesthetics should be taken into consideration when a toy is made. I haven't had much luck with posing the rubber arm figures in the past which has led me to just leave figures with that arm style without any bend in their arms at all to try to keep them from tearing. I really think I'd be happier with the joint that would allow me to achieve more posing without that kind of worry. If I didn't want visible joints, I'd probably just buy statues.

It's never been something that's bothered me, personally. They're action figures, fancy though they may be, and I think both material degradation as well as aesthetics should be taken into consideration when a toy is made. I haven't had much luck with posing the rubber arm figures in the past which has led me to just leave figures with that arm style without any bend in their arms at all to try to keep them from tearing. I really think I'd be happier with the joint that would allow me to achieve more posing without that kind of worry. If I didn't want visible joints, I'd probably just buy statues.
:goodpost:

I would just buy a cheap action figures instead of spending HT money on a figure that has exposed cheap looking joints.

I would just buy a cheap action figures instead of spending HT money on a figure that has exposed cheap looking joints.

I look at the total package for value as I believe a Hot Toys figure would still be leaps and bounds above a cheap Hasbro action figure even if it had the joint style that I shared above. The realistic headsculpts, lifelike skin texture, and intricate mixed media costumes all are what draw me to the Hot Toys figures. I can understand not using the double jointed doll arms that are commonly used on 1/6 figures to achieve a higher level of mobility on clothed figures, but I think that arm joint style that is a bit more limited in articulation, but blends with the sculpt better with lifelike skin texture works the best. That's just my opinion.

I've got a few figures like that (Bane, Royce, Hawkeye and The Wolverine come to mind) and I really dig them. I still really like figures like Hulk, Ada, Light Armor Thor and Gamora, but I just don't pose them with any bend in their arms, which is sort of a bummer.

I honestly don't mind the exposed joints. The rubber arms seem to have a lot of issues from what I read on this forum.

Agreed as well; the jointed arms doesn't seem to hurt the popularity of the Falcon figure.

It just seems to defeat the purpose of this being an action figure and not a statue if you can't pose the figure in different ways. I keep thinking of all those Guardians of the Galaxy team images I see and everyone looks great with their different poses people come up with. The only exception is Gamora who is always in the same stagnant pose in everyone I see - just makes it hard to add individuality that way.

I agree. I collect these cause I like to do crazy poses with them. It's a bit of fun. I have three criteria's when buying a figure:
Do I like the character?
Is the HS good?
Can I pose it?

That is why I like (non-sponsered) reviews. Cause they are honest and I can get a good look at the HS and see if the figure can be posed.

I'm not for or against rubber arms. But I think the light armor Thor looks odd with his arms bend, and that kinda defeat my purpose with buying these crazy goos figures. But, to each his own

Back