1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4K will take off. Once prices start dropping and it becomes a little more 'normal' it'll take off in the same way that Blu Ray did, and DVD before it.

3D is great fun, but it's definitely more of an occasional thing. Still worth getting IMO.

4K will take off. Once prices start dropping and it becomes a little more 'normal' it'll take off in the same way that Blu Ray did, and DVD before it.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

The ps3 really helped the blu ray adoption rate, the PS4.5 (4k player) will do the same for 4k blu ray later this year when it is released.

The ps3 really helped the blu ray adoption rate, the PS4.5 (4k player) will do the same for 4k blu ray later this year when it is released.

The PS2 didn't hurt the DVD movement either... hands up who used a PS2 as their first DVD player as well as PS3 as their first Blu-Ray player?... yeah, me... :exactly:

lol, yeah, i was only ever going to buy a 3D tv if the prices lowered to the point that it made sense. i have quite a few blu-ray 3D discs that i'll probably never watch. i think it'd be a nice feature to have, but you're right, i'd probably only ever use it a few times.

i've been looking around for TV's for a while now. my current tv has a problem.. when i turn it on, a thin line appears going horizontal across the top part of the screen, but when i quickly turn it off and turn it back on, it goes away. but, if i were to turn it off again, then turn it back on, it'll come back. once the tv is off, it needs to rest for about an hour before turning it on, off, then on again will take the line away. lol... i assumed it was a dead pixel creating the line, but i don't know why it would go away when doing what i described.

anyways, the next tv i get will probably be a samsung since that's what i've grown accustomed to, and this tv has lasted quite a while. my sweet spot is 50", i want something that takes up the same amount of space that my current tv does. the screen is like 43" but the entire tv itself is 50". and preferably i'd like it to have the ability to swivel. that comes in very handy for me. i'll be happy with anything 1080p.

wow, this is way off topic lol. as for the 45's release.. just comparing it to ultron prime.. ultron prime was released on april 20th i believe, and i don't believe it's been shipped yet. but if it had started shipping today that would be 6 weeks. so, i don't think we'll see the 45 until the end of june. bummer.

I too am a huge Samsung fan but if you are willing to look outside the box these Vizios are some of the best "budget" TVs out this year,very solid offerings. I hesitated because of the brand but they hit this P series outta the park. Got a 65" coming my way. https://www.vizio.com/tvs/pseries.html

*hugs my LG 65' OLED*

*pets my Samsung 4k player*

I hate you :lol. Will be my next TV purchase in a year or two.

Cant wait to get this MK45 and the quarter scale. Saw the quarter scale 42 at Universal studios recently,its huge and blows the 1/6 scale out the water. Dont know if Ill be able to go back to 1/6 honestly the detail on the quarter scale is amazing.

I hate you :lol. Will be my next TV purchase in a year or two.

Cant wait to get this MK45 and the quarter scale. Saw the quarter scale 42 at Universal studios recently,its huge and blows the 1/6 scale out the water. Dont know if Ill be able to go back to 1/6 honestly the detail on the quarter scale is amazing.

Let me tell you...it is GLORIOUS. I love it.

And yeah man, quarter scale is another level. I want them to do a BvS line.

Oled is great but the top of the line full array lcd's aren't far behind- you will be hard pressed to see a huge difference with 4k blu rays. Both will set you back a grip.. one thing is certain if you want the best pq you have to be prepared to open up that wallet.

Last edited:
Oled is great but the top of the line full array lcd's aren't far behind- you will be hard pressed to see a huge difference with 4k blu rays. Both will set you back a grip.. one thing is certain if you want the best pq you have to be prepared to open up that wallet.

Not to brag, I can afford it along with many other things...

But I'm not gonna lie and say my wallet didn't bleed haha. Ultimately though, definitely worth it. I'm a movie buff and I just love watching movies with the best picture possible.

I can only imagine! It will be the first thing I buy after I buy my new house. :drool

*BRO FIST*

Not to brag, I can afford it along with many other things...

But I'm not gonna lie and say my wallet didn't bleed haha. Ultimately though, definitely worth it. I'm a movie buff and I just love watching movies with the best picture possible.

*BRO FIST*

I didn't say anything about wallets bleeding, I'm simply pointing out that if you want the best pq you have to be prepared to pay top dollar for it. Lol I wouldn't have the TV's I do if it bled me... I wasn't trying g to put oled down either just saying that full array lcd's are up there with oled in terms of pq

I am torn between ordering this version or the 1/4 scale version. I can only get one and I'm undecided. Which one would you guys choose? What do you see.as the pros and cons?

I didn't say anything about wallets bleeding, I'm simply pointing out that if you want the best pq you have to be prepared to pay top dollar for it. Lol I wouldn't have the TV's I do if it bled me... I wasn't trying g to put oled down either just saying that full array lcd's are up there with oled in terms of pq

Apologies if it came off that way, I wasn't insinuating you said anything negative, I was just using a bled wallet for Humor and emphasis when you said you gotta open the wallet for the good **** haha.

I am torn between ordering this version or the 1/4 scale version. I can only get one and I'm undecided. Which one would you guys choose? What do you see.as the pros and cons?

It depends on what and how you collect. Do you have a relatively small, very high-end collection? The 1/4 would have a lot more presence, especially if it's a stand-alone piece. If your collection is larger and mostly 1/6, the smaller version would obviously scale nicely with everything else.

Well it's all up to you to be honest. If you want figures to pose nicely next to AN iron man, Get the 1/6. But if you don't care for making dioramas or care about lining a shelf with similarly sized figures, DEFINITELY get the 1/4. The detail and wow factor is on another level. I have the previous IM 1/4 and it is...wow. Must like the 1/4 TDKR batman, 1/4 is the truth, it is life.

You gotta remember though, these things aren't cheap. If you want one figure to display and represent that character, go for the 1/4 scale. If you wanna save on money but want a nice representation of a character, stick win the 1/6 scale. If this is any help, realize that there will be more 1/4 figures down the line. Maybe infinity war IM or Spider-Man homecoming IM will look better. But you never know.

Apologies if it came off that way, I wasn't insinuating you said anything negative, I was just using a bled wallet for Humor and emphasis when you said you gotta open the wallet for the good **** haha.

Ya man I miss read that part of your post. I think the first part through me off.. anyhow no hard feelings either way. Enjoy that 4k goodness

It depends on what and how you collect. Do you have a relatively small, very high-end collection? The 1/4 would have a lot more presence, especially if it's a stand-alone piece. If your collection is larger and mostly 1/6, the smaller version would obviously scale nicely with everything else.
The vast majority of my collection is 1/6 scale but I have three 1/4 scale figures (Enterbay Joker, Mark 43 and Boba Fett). While they do take up space, the details are superb. I do like the addition of the light up features on the 1/4 45 but I also like the heft of the diecaston the 1/6. Thanks for your opinion.

Well it's all up to you to be honest. If you want figures to pose nicely next to AN iron man, Get the 1/6. But if you don't care for making dioramas or care about lining a shelf with similarly sized figures, DEFINITELY get the 1/4. The detail and wow factor is on another level. I have the previous IM 1/4 and it is...wow. Must like the 1/4 TDKR batman, 1/4 is the truth, it is life.

You gotta remember though, these things aren't cheap. If you want one figure to display and represent that character, go for the 1/4 scale. If you wanna save on money but want a nice representation of a character, stick win the 1/6 scale. If this is any help, realize that there will be more 1/4 figures down the line. Maybe infinity war IM or Spider-Man homecoming IM will look better. But you never know.
Thank you for your tips. Very much appreciated! Which version will you be getting? What do you think is the exclusive accessory on the 1/4 scale?

The vast majority of my collection is 1/6 scale but I have three 1/4 scale figures (Enterbay Joker, Mark 43 and Boba Fett). While they do take up space, the details are superb. I do like the addition of the light up features on the 1/4 45 but I also like the heft of the diecaston the 1/6. Thanks for your opinion.

No problem. I prefer 1/6 myself but it sounds like you'd be happier with the 1/4. You can't go wrong either way, best of luck with whatever you decide. :duff

Thank you for your tips. Very much appreciated! Which version will you be getting? What do you think is the exclusive accessory on the 1/4 scale?

I'm getting both. Got dioramas planned for the sixth scale, and 1/4 is for the wow factor haha.

As for the exclusive...eh, it's just A head And secret accessory. I didn't PO it through SSC, as I don't really care all that much about the exclusives. Honestly all that matters is the figure itself.

Back