1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got a 4K TV, not sure it's worth buying any 4K Blu Rays yet though as I haven't got a 4K player?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I have two 4K blurays already, and no player or 4K TV... :horror

In fairness, I buy all my blurays where available as a double or triple pack, combining any of 3D bluray, bluray, ultraviolet, digital, DVD (not so many of the latter two available these days), so the two I bought all I was doing was substituting the 4K disc for the 3D disc. I'm not really fussed with 3D to be honest. The light restriction to try and avoid glasses flicker is annoying, and it does hurt my eyes a little after a while. (I think the last one I watched new was Gravity)

So yeah, my last two movies (The Revenant and Deadpool) I bought the bluray/4K/UV triple packs rather than having 3D.. I wont be going back and buying movies I alreay have like X-Men DOFP and The Martian though..

I have two 4K blurays already, and no player or 4K TV... :horror

In fairness, I buy all my blurays where available as a double or triple pack, combining any of 3D bluray, bluray, ultraviolet, digital, DVD (not so many of the latter two available these days), so the two I bought all I was doing was substituting the 4K disc for the 3D disc. I'm not really fussed with 3D to be honest. The light restriction to try and avoid glasses flicker is annoying, and it does hurt my eyes a little after a while. (I think the last one I watched new was Gravity)

So yeah, my last two movies (The Revenant and Deadpool) I bought the bluray/4K/UV triple packs rather than having 3D.. I wont be going back and buying movies I alreay have like X-Men DOFP and The Martian though..

Ah right, nice. I actually do enjoy 3D, though it's a little too much hassle to bother with on a regular basis.

I'd love to see what a 3D TV is like.

The TV in my den (the place I watch the most TV) is so damn old. I got it like 15-ish years ago. It's a Samsung 43".. I didn't even know it was 720p until I looked it up online.. It was like $1,000+ when I got it. It's amazing how things change. The first blu ray player I got was like $200.. The one I bought a couple weeks ago was $50.

I wish iron man hot toys figures were like that lol.

Are we still another 2 weeks or so out from Sideshow receiving these?

Probably longer.

As for the 4K discs, I would buy them even if you don't yet have a player. The players should be hitting mainstream and prices dropping this summer according to CES this year. And the detail in 4K is amazing. Well worth it, I think.

I'd love to see what a 3D TV is like.

The TV in my den (the place I watch the most TV) is so damn old. I got it like 15-ish years ago. It's a Samsung 43".. I didn't even know it was 720p until I looked it up online.. It was like $1,000+ when I got it. It's amazing how things change. The first blu ray player I got was like $200.. The one I bought a couple weeks ago was $50.

I wish iron man hot toys figures were like that lol.

Oh my goodness you need to see what OLED looks like!!

My friend got one. And I'm now gonna get one by the end of the year, even though I got a sweet 1080p, 47inch 3D TV 2 years ago. Wow, it's like a painting

(3D is cool, for the 2 times you'll ever use it)

Probably longer.

As for the 4K discs, I would buy them even if you don't yet have a player. The players should be hitting mainstream and prices dropping this summer according to CES this year. And the detail in 4K is amazing. Well worth it, I think.

The detail on the 4K discs are amazing. In order to get the full experience though you definetly need a HDR capable tv

Very true. I am very big on home theater so I have a couple very nice Tvs so I'm good there.

The players should be hitting mainstream and prices dropping this summer according to CES this year. And the detail in 4K is amazing. Well worth it, I think.

Well, history tells us there is no reason why 4K should fail. It even doesn't have the Zone restrictions that previous media generations do.

Some formats over time have competed with others and failed (Beta, HD-DVD), some have just failed (Mini-disc), but if there is one thing we love, it's detail and getting caught up in "resolution" and "pixels" (how many digital cameras get sold on "mega-pixels" alone. Joe Average doesn't even think about lens type/quality or other things when buying a camera, they get caught in the numbers hype)

But yeah if you take the home movie progression from VHS to DVD to Bluray to UHD there is one constant improvement we all love, and that's the visuals. Doesn't hurt from a marketing point of view that they will in all likelihood eventually use it to push audio like Atmos either. (regardless of that some bluray movies use it now already)

Mind you, I had a friend's mother tell me as a kid that CD was just a fad, and their family wouldn't be buying into it.. :lol

Oh my goodness you need to see what OLED looks like!!

My friend got one. And I'm now gonna get one by the end of the year, even though I got a sweet 1080p, 47inch 3D TV 2 years ago. Wow, it's like a painting

(3D is cool, for the 2 times you'll ever use it)

lol, yeah, i was only ever going to buy a 3D tv if the prices lowered to the point that it made sense. i have quite a few blu-ray 3D discs that i'll probably never watch. i think it'd be a nice feature to have, but you're right, i'd probably only ever use it a few times.

i've been looking around for TV's for a while now. my current tv has a problem.. when i turn it on, a thin line appears going horizontal across the top part of the screen, but when i quickly turn it off and turn it back on, it goes away. but, if i were to turn it off again, then turn it back on, it'll come back. once the tv is off, it needs to rest for about an hour before turning it on, off, then on again will take the line away. lol... i assumed it was a dead pixel creating the line, but i don't know why it would go away when doing what i described.

anyways, the next tv i get will probably be a samsung since that's what i've grown accustomed to, and this tv has lasted quite a while. my sweet spot is 50", i want something that takes up the same amount of space that my current tv does. the screen is like 43" but the entire tv itself is 50". and preferably i'd like it to have the ability to swivel. that comes in very handy for me. i'll be happy with anything 1080p.

wow, this is way off topic lol. as for the 45's release.. just comparing it to ultron prime.. ultron prime was released on april 20th i believe, and i don't believe it's been shipped yet. but if it had started shipping today that would be 6 weeks. so, i don't think we'll see the 45 until the end of june. bummer.

Yep, bummer. Very eager to get ahold of this. Been a long, long time since I bought an Iron Man armor.

edit.. looks like prime is starting to ship at exactly 6 weeks.

yeah.. shotgun, centurion, age of ultron war machine mark 2, the mark 42, and today i bought the hot rod armor.. all while waiting for the 45 lol. looks like I'm in the opposite boat as you. i've been trying to do some catching up. of the house party armors that i wanted, i have peacemaker, mark IX, and striker to pick up. i'm going to need to take a break though lol.

i REALLY hope we get a mark 14. i think it's a great amalgam of armors.. i have a feeling that if we do get one, it won't be until way later.

Well, history tells us there is no reason why 4K should fail. It even doesn't have the Zone restrictions that previous media generations do.

Some formats over time have competed with others and failed (Beta, HD-DVD), some have just failed (Mini-disc), but if there is one thing we love, it's detail and getting caught up in "resolution" and "pixels" (how many digital cameras get sold on "mega-pixels" alone. Joe Average doesn't even think about lens type/quality or other things when buying a camera, they get caught in the numbers hype)

But yeah if you take the home movie progression from VHS to DVD to Bluray to UHD there is one constant improvement we all love, and that's the visuals. Doesn't hurt from a marketing point of view that they will in all likelihood eventually use it to push audio like Atmos either. (regardless of that some bluray movies use it now already)

Mind you, I had a friend's mother tell me as a kid that CD was just a fad, and their family wouldn't be buying into it.. :lol

I wasn't hinting or even talking about if 4K would fail or not. Just that until now any 4K content was limited due to a lack of hard discs and players. Last year was the first time a 4K player hit retail markets and even then it was not available in most places. It takes a while to roll these format upgrades out. But at CES this year there where like 15 players that had expected mass market release dates this summer and fall.

But on the topic of failed formats...the ones you mentioned obviously but there are things like plasma that never caught on. Oled has been around for nearly 10 years and isn't a big factor. 3D was huge for a bit but now is kinda an after thought. It's not nearly as required to be included in every set as it was three years ago. So failure isn't the only standard to look at. It's if the public buys into and adopts it.

I personally think 4K will take off and replace bluray but who knows.

Atmos, it's pretty great too. I have a decent surround setup in my home theater and using atmos enabled content it's very noticeable. Be nice of cable would broadcast better quality sound though.

Wasn't meaning to suggest you were hinting it would fail... ;) I was suggesting that for a new disc media format which requires new hardware, it has a lot going for it so that it doesn't, when many others don't. And let's faith it, as early adaptor

I gotta say, I'm not sold on the long term of 3D bluray. It's something I'm quite happy to take and leave at the cinema, and my use of it at home has been mixed. Interesting looking back at plasma. I understand why it isn't popular, and the advantages of LCD, but my last two lounge setups have been flagship Panasonic series models, and I've loved them. I have some thinking to do on that front when I do finally go 4K.

Wasn't meaning to suggest you were hinting it would fail... ;) I was suggesting that for a new disc media format which requires new hardware, it has a lot going for it so that it doesn't, when many others don't. And let's faith it, as early adaptor

I gotta say, I'm not sold on the long term of 3D bluray. It's something I'm quite happy to take and leave at the cinema, and my use of it at home has been mixed. Interesting looking back at plasma. I understand why it isn't popular, and the advantages of LCD, but my last two lounge setups have been flagship Panasonic series models, and I've loved them. I have some thinking to do on that front when I do finally go 4K.

Ah. I misunderstood then. My bad.

As for plasma, I agree it had a lot of upside. I have a pioneer kuro in my bedroom. It was at one time my main set but I've since upgraded a couple times. The difference between it and my newest 4K is stunning. It's like the difference between tube and 1080p. It's jarring actually. I've experimented with a lot of different sets. I've got a set I imported from Ireland (a Phillips 3D ambilight) and my two 4K sets, plus the kuro and a Visio cinemawide. They all have cool points. I wish I could combine them all into one set. Lol then I'd be happy.

But the big difference for me was when I went from a box set of home theater speakers to a compent system. It made more of a difference to the experience then any tv upgrade I've made. And I love the look of the speakers I use. They have a cool appearance that everyone comments on when they see them the first time.

Ah. I misunderstood then. My bad.

As for plasma, I agree it had a lot of upside. I have a pioneer kuro in my bedroom. It was at one time my main set but I've since upgraded a couple times. The difference between it and my newest 4K is stunning. It's like the difference between tube and 1080p. It's jarring actually. I've experimented with a lot of different sets. I've got a set I imported from Ireland (a Phillips 3D ambilight) and my two 4K sets, plus the kuro and a Visio cinemawide. They all have cool points. I wish I could combine them all into one set. Lol then I'd be happy.

But the big difference for me was when I went from a box set of home theater speakers to a compent system. It made more of a difference to the experience then any tv upgrade I've made. And I love the look of the speakers I use. They have a cool appearance that everyone comments on when they see them the first time.

Thumbs way up for 4k. My first foray into 4k was with the Sony 65xbrx900a and the hockey puck 4k player that came with it. I was willing to be an early adopter because the tv had excellent passive 3d & came with the 4k player that could stream/download 4k content when there was no other content available. This TV replaced a 58’ Panasonic Viera Plasma, which IMO was no slouch for a 1080p set, but the difference, was still night and day. The Sony doesn’t have HDR & cant stream 4k without an NVidia Shield or the Sammy 4k blu ray player but the picture is still outstanding; it up converts cable broadcasting fabulously so it works perfectly as a bedroom set (which is where it is now). Since then I've purchased 2 more 4k sets (the Samsung 65JS9500 & 55JS8500) both with HDR along with the Samsung UHD 4k player. I’m not trying to knock the Sony because I haven’t tried it with the 4k blu ray player yet, but I can’t imagine it would look as good as the Samsung sets that have HDR capabilities (only comparison is that the 4k movies I streamed/downloaded from the Sony 4k hokey puck player don’t look as good the true HDR 4k blu rays do). When I first popped in a 4k blu ray my jaw hit the floor. First thing i noticed were the inky blacks & vibrant colors- it’s like watching an IMAX movie in your home. The image just leaps off the screen, colors are vibrant, contrast is superb & blacks are deep yet maintain discernable detail. You lose 3d but honestly the picture leaps of the screen with such pop & detail that it almost appears more dimensional then actual 3d blu rays do. There are a few downsides 1) while watching Pride, Prejudice & Zombies 4k blu ray I could see all the blemishes on the actors faces, too that end, the level of detail was almost distracting- I caught myself staring at zits more than watching the movie. The main actress (her name escapes me) is pretty, but she had zits all over her forehead. I always thought they doctored the images like they do with pictures in magazines but I guess we just couldn’t see these details with 1080p vision. 2) Special effects are limited to 2k dpi so they can sometimes look more cartoonish/fake when shown in 4k. 3) After watching your first 4k movie regular blu rays no longer cut the mustard, & broadcast cable is downright painful. Moreover, there are not a lot of 4k movies to choose from, you will find yourself buying ****** movies just to watch them in 4k just for the glorious eye candy. If you are considering 4k, go out now & buy yourself a new 4k tv & player, I can promise you that you wont regret it.

Back