1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Yoda Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please look the noise.

What you are seeing is they added a darker grime weathering to areas of the whole head (almost a greyish-blue bruise color,) and there's some of it on the nose.

But the way HT has painted their nose - where it's a "button" nose fully/evenly painted a different green, making it separate from the face and almost like a dog's nose, is not accurate.

this figure looks awesome now with that added hair.

Congrats to those that ordered!

(I stick to my sideshow).

These minor nits won't mean much when the sculpt is in hand and the size of your thumb.

Except for the fact you'll be able to fit the lantern, the stick flashlight and Yoda's belt pouch into an average 1/6 scale pants pocket. Each are around 50% the size they should be. Not sure what it is with HT and underscale accessories.:(

Except for the fact you'll be able to fit the lantern, the stick flashlight and Yoda's belt pouch into an average 1/6 scale pants pocket. Each are around 50% the size they should be. Not sure what it is with HT and underscale accessories.:(

Agreed.

I actually wrote that in the next line of my post that you quoted -- the accessories seem to be scaled to Yoda rather than Luke (whose items they are).

But I really didn't expect HT to scale up the lantern or carry case. They shall remain in the box with the rocks and clear plastic arms. Unless I find a 1/9th Dagobah Luke some where.

Why the closed eyes thou? Unless your giving me a 1/6 X-wing for him to force out on......it just seems so pointless with out that.

Why the closed eyes thou? Unless your giving me a 1/6 X-wing for him to force out on......it just seems so pointless with out that.

Illogical lol. Yoda uses the Force with closed eyes without requiring an X-Wing.

Agreed.

I actually wrote that in the next line of my post that you quoted -- the accessories seem to be scaled to Yoda rather than Luke (whose items they are).

But I really didn't expect HT to scale up the lantern or carry case. They shall remain in the box with the rocks and clear plastic arms. Unless I find a 1/9th Dagobah Luke some where.

If HT did a new Dagobah/Bespin Luke, a properly scaled lantern, crate and flashlight sure would have come in handy. With the tree display base the two figs would have been a pretty nice mini-dio along with the HT R2.

It's so weird to go to all the trouble of sculpting and producing these pieces - and being so accurate with proportions and scale on the figure itself - and then going "Ah, **** it - let's make all the accessories half size."

I mean how much more room would properly scaled accessories have taken up in the box - an extra two cubic inches along with an extra cost of a dollar worth of plastic?:dunno

Meh. Looks ok.

Medicom still superior I feel.

Still a lot o' love for that little dried apricot.:lol

17635503_10154344592812344_6270051827481437263_o.jpg

I wonder what the reasoning was for painting his nose like that? It's the same color as the rest of his face in the movie, but for some reason HT painted the nose a darker green. Almost reminds me of a greenish Chewy nose.

17758476_10154344596037344_2380120620016149712_o.jpg

ohh... crap!!! I can't unsee his different color nose now!!!!

HOT Toys is just seeing what they can get away with doing without losing sales. "Like.. think they'll cancel if we give him a drunk clown nose?" "Nah these suckers will buy everything. Do it!:vader:lol"
rzvvX.gif

I like the force sculpt more. The paint is pretty bad. The nose looks ridiculous. The dirt in his wrinkles is not accurate. Accessories are too small. Just not feeling this release at all. Especially for $200.

I do think this one turned out good as I mentioned before, but after looking at the Medicom Yoda, I may be inclined to agree with some that it may be the more accurate version. Does the sculpt on it not have hair though?

I'm looking to get a Yoda eventually to go with my DX07 and do like this HT version, but just looking to see if there is other versions out there I may like better.

Back