1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Yoda Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed. As I said before, it just seems weird to see such a perfect and symmetrical Yoda, when the actual puppet was anything but that (where one ear was always drooping lower than the other, and one eye was open a bit wider than the other, etc). And that was a lot of what gave him his personality and made him seem a bit more believable and real.

The Medi may look a little too old, but it still comes closer to capturing that quality I think.

Yeah, Yoda's right eye (from our POV) should be drooped/angled downward on the outer side and every company sculptor never seems to notice. It's subtle, but a key part of his look.

What's odd about the HT open-eyes/reg sculpt is his right eye is actually angled upward, not downward. Yet the closed-eyes version does have the drooped right eye, at least subtly.

I see what every one is talking about. I`m cool with my custom medicom yoda he still looks like the old puppet to me. I saw that bbts po are sold out I think I had him on preorder I have to look?

Agreed. As I said before, it just seems weird to see such a symmetrical and idealized Yoda, when the actual puppet was anything but that (where one ear was always drooping lower than the other, and one eye was open a bit wider than the other, etc). And that was a lot of what gave him his personality and made him seem a bit more believable and real.

The Medi may look a little too old, but it still comes closer to capturing that quality I think.

Sorry but I just don't see any likeness in the Medi version at all. To me the HT version is about as close as we are going to get for now.

There is nothing wrong with this HT ESB Yoda..

Let's just be thankful that it doesn't look like this

I'll be sticking with my customised $10 Yoda!

FullSizeRender.jpg

I do like that headsculpt, but...

il_570xN.730935551_c6jo.jpg

There is nothing wrong with this HT ESB Yoda..

Let's just be thankful that it doesn't look like this

That really is something to look at all these years later. I mean seriously... WTF was ANYONE on the PT thinking when they made that abomination?

With the exception of the SS Maul my SW collection is all OT; I was really looking forward to adding this Yoda but I'm not feeling it...I think it's the out of scale Jean-Luc Picard hair, but I'm guessing this will be the only OT Yoda made.

Barring a training luke 2 pack I can't see another yoda figure being made for another decade or more. Perhaps Yoda's long lost great nephew will star in episode 10.

I know the balance probably won't hold up without a stand, but I wonder if anyone will try to make a 1/6 blue backpack and try to fit this Yoda on the back of the HT Bespin Luke :lecture

Someone tried before..saw this online

Last edited:
yoda1.jpg
Yoda2.jpg

In some pics Yoda's nose does appear to be a bit darker, but it's subtle, and mostly on the ball of the nose and not the nostrils too. It's not even across the nose, it's just blotchy skin to simulate age. I wonder if this is what Hot Toys saw and was trying to reproduce? Epic Fail I think, even if this was the case. I am really having trouble getting over the nose, because it looks like a dogs nose now.

I was planning on getting this but now I am hesitating and wondering if I can just live with my 1/6 Hasbro one that I have kept as a stand in all this time. yea, it is far inferior to the HT one even with the nose problem, but if I can't un-see the puppy nose when I look at it I am not sure I will be happy paying so much for the "higher quality" one. I am now asking myself how hard it would be to lighten the nose... but why should I have to ask myself this when purchasing a high end figure?

Every time I feel like I'm on the verge of going all in collecting 1/6 Star Wars (or at least OT and new films anyway), Hot Toys manages to cool my jets and convince me otherwise by releasing a key character that just misses the mark somehow. My wallet thanks them, even if the Star Wars fan in me doesn't.

Back