1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Yoda Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do think this one turned out good as I mentioned before, but after looking at the Medicom Yoda, I may be inclined to agree with some that it may be the more accurate version. Does the sculpt on it not have hair though?

I'm looking to get a Yoda eventually to go with my DX07 and do like this HT version, but just looking to see if there is other versions out there I may like better.

It's not more accurate perse. But it feels like yoda. This one doesn't, apart from the closed eyed sculpt which is pretty good. But with the closed eye you have basically 3 posing options:

1. Cooking yoda going "dang that smells good" (and is accurate cause he cooks for luke)
2. Force using Yoda
3. Dead Yoda under blankie is a hilarious idea :lol

It's not more accurate perse. But it feels like yoda. This one doesn't, apart from the closed eyed sculpt which is pretty good. But with the closed eye you have basically 3 posing options:

1. Cooking yoda going "dang that smells good" (and is accurate cause he cooks for luke)
2. Force using Yoda

4. Hands up, don't shoot! Yoda. (I'm guessing he probably had his eyes closed when fully shielding himself, based on the way one eye is still somewhat closed when he peeks at Luke)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

It's not more accurate perse. But it feels like yoda. This one doesn't, apart from the closed eyed sculpt which is pretty good.

Well, at least the Medi Yoda has an aged feel to it (even if he's diseased, shriveled-up prune aged) and the feeling of real skin and weight in the sculpt. The HT one feels so clean, symmetrical and neat. It's like nip-and-tuck Yoda after a month recuperating in L.A.

In hand the Medi one "feels" like Yoda even if the sculpt doesn't exactly "look" like Yoda. Though from a couple of angles (the same angles everyone always shows it from in pics) it does look really good. But it's too tall, the hands are all wrong, it has no real articulation and the robe is really sub-par.

But with the closed eye you have basically 3 posing options:1. Cooking yoda going "dang that smells good" (and is accurate cause he cooks for luke)
2. Force using Yoda

It could also follow this...

5dRLMJh.gif

:rotfl

Well, at least the Medi Yoda has an aged feel to it (even if he's diseased, shriveled-up prune aged) and the feeling of real skin and weight in the sculpt. The HT one feels so clean, symmetrical and neat. It's like nip-and-tuck Yoda after a month recuperating in L.A.

In hand the Medi one "feels" like Yoda even if the sculpt doesn't exactly "look" like Yoda. Though from a couple of angles (the same angles everyone always shows it from in pics) it does look really good. But it's too tall, the hands are all wrong, it has no real articulation and the robe is really sub-par.

Looking at the two and at actual pictures of ESB Yoda, I actually recant what I said earlier; the HT sculpt bears the better likeness. I also imagine it'd probably be a bit more in scale with the rest of the HT SW figures.

Just judging from pictures, it looks like the Medicom one may be a bit more accurate in pigmentation though, but it could just be lighting.

The things that bother me the most on the HT one are the dirty wrinkles on his head and the overly green nose. However, those are both only noticeable in extreme close up pictures of the sculpt. I have a feeling in hand, neither will be too noticeable when it's displayed on the shelf, especially at the size that he is.

I used my reward points to get him down to 140.00. An easier pill to swallow.

Judge my price by my size, do you? :lol

raw

Looking at the two and at actual pictures of ESB Yoda, I actually recant what I said earlier; the HT sculpt bears the better likeness. I also imagine it'd probably be a bit more in scale with the rest of the HT SW figures.

Just judging from pictures, it looks like the Medicom one may be a bit more accurate in pigmentation though, but it could just be lighting.

The things that bother me the most on the HT one are the dirty wrinkles on his head and the overly green nose. However, those are both only noticeable in extreme close up pictures of the sculpt. I have a feeling in hand, neither will be too noticeable when it's displayed on the shelf, especially at the size that he is.

The HT is much closer sculpt in terms of likeness, but to me the Medi "feels" more Yoda for some reason - even though I'm not a fan of that fig (got it, resold it.) The Medi is also a sort of, I dunno - ugly - figure for some reason. It's also more McQuarrie Yoda than ESB Yoda.

You could gently dab the HT nose with some rubbing alcohol to break up the paint a bit.

He does seem too perfect, too symmetrical to be ESB puppet yoda. He seems to bear more resemblance to Episode II or Episode III CG Yoda. Maybe that's where they got their reference photos from. Maybe Lucasfilm made them go with that likeness as to the imperfect puppet.

In my eyes, ESB Yoda is perfect.

I don't really like that real hair addition. I'd still like to have him, but have been too disappointed with HT inaccuracies to continue with the line

I think it's pretty clear that this is not a perfectly screen accurate yoda, whatever that looks like depending on where you are in the movie. But if perfection is what you need to buy him I can almost guarantee that you will die waiting for one. I think this looks pretty damn great though, it definitely exceeds the theoretical yoda toy I dreamed of owning as a kid. And finally another figure that comes with a fun extra sculpt:clap

He does seem too perfect, too symmetrical to be ESB puppet yoda. He seems to bear more resemblance to Episode II or Episode III CG Yoda. Maybe that's where they got their reference photos from. Maybe Lucasfilm made them go with that likeness as to the imperfect puppet.

In my eyes, ESB Yoda is perfect.

Agreed. As I said before, it just seems weird to see such a symmetrical and idealized Yoda, when the actual puppet was anything but that (where one ear was always drooping lower than the other, and one eye was open a bit wider than the other, etc). And that was a lot of what gave him his personality and made him seem a bit more believable and real.

The Medi may look a little too old, but it still comes closer to capturing that quality I think.

He looks ok, just not 900 esb years old. Only looks 650 years young

Pass.

But he would of been nice with the 2 handed bespin luke

Back