1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't seen the movie, but looking at that pic I can't help but think the fabric from the S3 Spidey would've been an appropriate match. No?
It would have been a better match indeed. All it needs is the S3 suit fabric with a bit of shine to it and the correct shade of red.

It seems like they went with this vinyl fabric to capture that shine the suit has but that decision doesn't really make sense in the grand scheme of things when the fabric used on the S3 figure works perfectly for this.

016.jpg

amazing%20spider-man%202_costume_0.jpg

I have a feeling that the final product will have a more accurate material. HT is getting alot of heat about it, and I think they'll listen. Look at past figures: They changed some of the inaccuracies with TASM1 figure, they changed the MOS body, they ended up including both arm pieces for the v2 mech test Tony stark, they completely redid the Spiderman 3 costume. Now I know people are gonna say "well look at Bruce Banner." Well, its a lame figure anyway, and I think they have more incentive to change Spiderman.

You guys keep trying to talk yourselves into believing this. If this figure is to hit it's release date, materials/patterns/mfg processes are locked in, and it's a done deal.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see the suit be changed so it doesn't look like the end result of the digestive process, but I really doubt it's going to happen.

https://news.toyark.com/2014/03/24/mafex-amazing-spider-man-2-updated-images-122053

Imagine if HT gave us all that. The magnets on the hands is a hell of an idea.

WOW... wow wow wow..... damn, that looks like an amazingly put together figure. Hot Toys should be ashamed of themselves...

This only makes the hat and scarf accessories look even more pathetic and ridiculous. Also, Hot Toys makes Rhino, but they don't make the Man HoleCover?
WHAT THE HELL??

See, This is what the accessories should have been like:

Amazing-Spider-Man-2-MAFEX-002.jpg

Amazing-Spider-Man-2-MAFEX-005.jpg

Amazing-Spider-Man-2-MAFEX-011.jpg

This only shows how dumb hot toys really is..... :lol:lol:lol"

I love how they even thought about having a folded mask for Peter to hold...... How Come none of the Spiderman figures ever had that????

something so simple that the hot toys spidermans should have you know, is the little details....:cuckoo:

Amazing-Spider-Man-2-MAFEX-010.jpg

Last edited:
Whilst we're on the subject of everything that is wrong with this figure, the eyes are too matt! They need to be way more reflective. At the moment this looks too much like a toy and not a scaled down version of the actual suit from the movie.

Whilst we're on the subject of everything that is wrong with this figure, the eyes are too matt! They need to be way more reflective. At the moment this looks too much like a toy and not a scaled down version of the actual suit from the movie.

The eyes of this figure(at least the protos we're seeing) looks like the eyes of the actual suit but before the post-production effects were added in the movie. Agreed that it should be more reflective though as what was seen on film should be what the figure represents. Let's see if HT changes that as well, the eyes on the first ASM figure was tweaked and looked better in final product.

You guys keep trying to talk yourselves into believing this. If this figure is to hit it's release date, materials/patterns/mfg processes are locked in, and it's a done deal.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see the suit be changed so it doesn't look like the end result of the digestive process, but I really doubt it's going to happen.
I just don't see why it wouldn't happen:dunno

Ive pre-ordered this, and yes I dislike the vinyl. But those saying the designs are locked on seem to be under the impression that the release date is set in stone. How many delays have we had on recent figs...well all the ones I ordered have had considerable push backs. From what I see, they rushed this to get it to co-inside with the film release. Vinyl can be really easy and quick to work with. I imagine they designed the patterns, printed the bricks and webs onto it, laser cut it out and just sewed it to the blue. Quick and easy ready for the release. The body looks to be the same as the ASM 1 fig minus the hands and feet, hence the neck join. With the MOS fig they completely re-built the body, I dont see why we wont get a new style one with out the weird neck connector designed for the Garfield head, meaning we wont have a neck seam line. Which the only reason they have it, is that vinyl can be hard to sew (hence the hideous head seam) and to create a one piece unitard style costume, you generally need a slit running down the throat, something that will look terrible on this vinyl stuff without the join.

I will be very surprised if this hits its release date, and that it arrives looking how it does in the promo shots. And if it does, he can sit proudly on in my display...on the bottom at the back where he cant be seen.

Ive pre-ordered this, and yes I dislike the vinyl. But those saying the designs are locked on seem to be under the impression that the release date is set in stone. How many delays have we had on recent figs...well all the ones I ordered have had considerable push backs. From what I see, they rushed this to get it to co-inside with the film release. Vinyl can be really easy and quick to work with. I imagine they designed the patterns, printed the bricks and webs onto it, laser cut it out and just sewed it to the blue. Quick and easy ready for the release. The body looks to be the same as the ASM 1 fig minus the hands and feet, hence the neck join. With the MOS fig they completely re-built the body, I dont see why we wont get a new style one with out the weird neck connector designed for the Garfield head, meaning we wont have a neck seam line. Which the only reason they have it, is that vinyl can be hard to sew (hence the hideous head seam) and to create a one piece unitard style costume, you generally need a slit running down the throat, something that will look terrible on this vinyl stuff without the join.

I will be very surprised if this hits its release date, and that it arrives looking how it does in the promo shots. And if it does, he can sit proudly on in my display...on the bottom at the back where he cant be seen.

If he arrives as bad as some of these images have looked (Which like you i don't think he will) he doesn't have to hide, he just has to stand upright with the jacket, scald and hat on to hide the poor suit :p

To be fair, the first appearance of the Lizard didn't have the elongated about XD so technically the movie was right in that aspect, it just sucks that he only wore the lab coat for like 10 seconds.

At least he wore it though! So if you got this and bought a 1/6 labcoat, roughed it up a bit and put it on him it'd still be movie accurate!

Back