1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I completely understand. I had to cut back and cancel quite a few orders. While I don't like some things about this, I really want a spiderman and I love the costume design. Figured I can always sell it if need be.

Do you have the Raimi S3 figure? If I didn't have that one I'd be picking this up. I prefer this costume design, but Raimi's is close enough to what I consider a classic comic look to suit my tastes.

Here I am whining about the bunching of the fabric in dynamic poses, and I'm too gutless to pose the S3 figure for fear of snapping an ankle. And I haven't switched out the hands since I got it because without a hair dryer the pegs are likely to snap. He's been in a neutral pose since day dot :lol

Do you have the Raimi S3 figure? If I didn't have that one I'd be picking this up. I prefer this costume design, but Raimi's is close enough to what I consider a classic comic look to suit my tastes.

Here I am whining about the bunching of the fabric in dynamic poses, and I'm too gutless to pose the S3 figure for fear of snapping an ankle. And I haven't switched out the hands since I got it because without a hair dryer the pegs are likely to snap. He's been in a neutral pose since day dot :lol

I also have the SM3 figure. I would pose away. He can take it. Mine looks like he is doing a backward flip from a hand spring and has one hand out to shoot a web. I need a dynamic stand to really pull it off tho.

I also have the SM3 figure. I would pose away. He can take it. Mine looks like he is doing a backward flip from a hand spring and has one hand out to shoot a web. I need a dynamic stand to really pull it off tho.

That's good to know. I think it was Oscorp saying that people who broke the ankles just weren't handling the figure with enough care, being careless. I guess I got freaked out by the pics of the attempted repair jobs. I wasn't interested in the dynamic stands when I first saw them, but Spidey is one figure that needs to be posed. It's not like a T800 figure that can just stand there looking badass. I've kept my figures displayed but virtually untouched since their respective unboxings. I think it's time I stopped being so precious about my handling of these things and getting some fun out of them.

I wounder if hot toys will include a peter Parker head sculpt since he did take his mask off in the movie.

Nope! I don't have it. I just started collecting late last year and I wanted to get it but decided to wait for a new one :) I have the black suit spidey and I think he's really good but I want a red and blue one

I wounder if hot toys will include a peter Parker head sculpt since he did take his mask off in the movie.

:exactly::goodpost: This is just what I wanted especially since I hated the first one, hopefully MS makes a Gwen Stacy figure (because HT would never make one unless it was Gwen in an Iron Man suit) and HT includes a Parker head
Spoiler Spoiler:

:exactly::goodpost: This is just what I wanted especially since I hated the first one, hopefully MS makes a Gwen Stacy figure (because HT would never make one unless it was Gwen in an Iron Man suit) and HT includes a Parker head
Spoiler Spoiler:

I would like to see a Gwen figure too.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spider-Man should have been a two-pack! :lecture.

spider-man-2-and-kid.jpg

I have a feeling that the final product will have a more accurate material. HT is getting alot of heat about it, and I think they'll listen. Look at past figures: They changed some of the inaccuracies with TASM1 figure, they changed the MOS body, they ended up including both arm pieces for the v2 mech test Tony stark, they completely redid the Spiderman 3 costume. Now I know people are gonna say "well look at Bruce Banner." Well, its a lame figure anyway, and I think they have more incentive to change Spiderman.

I have a feeling that the final product will have a more accurate material. HT is getting alot of heat about it, and I think they'll listen. Look at past figures: They changed some of the inaccuracies with TASM1 figure, they changed the MOS body, they ended up including both arm pieces for the v2 mech test Tony stark, they completely redid the Spiderman 3 costume. Now I know people are gonna say "well look at Bruce Banner." Well, its a lame figure anyway, and I think they have more incentive to change Spiderman.

:goodpost: :exactly:

Well said. For all we know this could be a rushed prototype to ride the hype train. Even the WS HTs are getting touched up.

I haven't seen the movie, but looking at that pic I can't help but think the fabric from the S3 Spidey would've been an appropriate match. No?

Back