1/6 Hot Toys - MMS277 - Iron Man 3: Striker (Mark XXV) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't understand why people complain about repaints really when they are proper suits, I like Heartbreaker for instance & I totally want Tank too (yes it's basically the same figure but it's not too), the same goes for Blue Steel as well..., despite it being Silver Centurion in blue I still want one as it's an actual suit..., I'd like every HPP suit basically (regardless of whether it's just another suit in a different colour or a genuinely different look). :)

I think there financial complaints (I.e. Damn, why did they repaint that - now I have to buy) at least for me.

It doesn't much matter if Hot Rod meets the "technical definition" of a repaint. It's effectively a repaint. HT doesn't HAVE to make these figures. But it will because it's easy and profitable to repaint and reuse parts.

I think there financial complaints (I.e. Damn, why did they repaint that - now I have to buy) at least for me.

As much as I'd like all 43 suits, money is a factor & I'm pretty sure it may end up stopping me from getting everything..., for now I'm ok but I did decide I'd try for 20 Iron Man suits & reassess things after that (that's 20 of Tony Stark's suits, so in addition to War Machine & Iron Patriot). :)

44 suits HULKBUSTER. Plus mkIII diecast, mk III BD, the gunmetal and secret project so 48 if we are counting unique tony mark releases. :) just sayin' :lol

Yeah, I know but I don't want the ones I've missed, just buying new releases as they come out & if the earlier suits get the diecast treatment then I'll buy those (like the mark III), otherwise I'll just stick with HPP suits. :)

Yeah, I know but I don't want to pay current prices for the ones I've missed, just buying new releases as they come out & if the earlier suits get the diecast treatment then I'll buy those (like the mark III), otherwise I'll just stick with HPP suits. :)

Fixed that for ya. As nice as the HPP suits are, they are not the original 7. I'd rather have them now than wait 5 years for HT to get back around to them. If they get to it.

Fixed that for ya. As nice as the HPP suits are, they are not the original 7. I'd rather have them now than wait 5 years for HT to get back around to them. If they get to it.

I doubt it will take 5 years.

I've been on this forum for about a year and in that year I have had the opportunity to buy or pre-order 17 Iron Man Armors!

I think they might wrap this up in less then 3 years.

Last edited:

I could've recently (within the last 2 months) bought the War Machine mark 1.0 plus the mark III, IV & V suits all for less than £200.00 (each) & I was tempted to get them (well not the mark III as I have the diecast version on preorder) but the issue of loose joints, the potential for pink faded pants & the knowledge that Hot Toys have suggested they'll revisit suits I-VII in the diecast format is what stopped me..., the prices of the mark VI & VII figures are definitely what stops me buying those however & I'm not really a fan of the mark I (& I own the mark II unleashed figure so don't need to look for another).

I could've recently (within the last 2 months) bought the War Machine mark 1.0 plus the mark III, IV & V suits all for less than £200.00 (each) & I was tempted to get them (well not the mark III as I have the diecast version on preorder) but the issue of loose joints, the potential for pink faded pants & the knowledge that Hot Toys have suggested they'll revisit suits I-VII in the diecast format is what stopped me..., the prices of the mark VI & VII figures are definitely what stops me buying those however & I'm not really a fan of the mark I (& I own the mark II unleashed figure so don't need to look for another).

The Mark I is absolutely stunning. There is nothing a die cast version can do for that to improve it. Anyone that owns V2 iwould agree.
Same for VII, die cast will do nothing for that armor. The rest will be remade but not until the HPP protocol is exhausted for HT, I think. No sense in pulling those redo's out yet if people are willing to toss all the money at 35 armors that have no significant storyline.

What I'm saying, if I'm saying anything is the HPP line will be finished before all of the original 7 are all remade again.

Of those 17 only 6 are in the clubhouse that are actually the HPP. Do that math on 42. More than 5 years.

6????

Heart Breaker
Midas
Python
Hot Rod
Striker
Silver Centurion
Red Snapper
Peacemaker
Igor
Starboost
Bones

I don't understand your point either hokietwo. I have 6 at home and igor, starboost and hot rod should be out by feb.

Guys what I am getting at is 42 divided by 9 is still 4.5 years at the pace they are rolling on and that is on current production. With Star Wars avengers AOU Batman and god knows what else it's going to be 5 years before they finish up all of the HPP and round out Mark I-7 again.

And that's if HT even holds it's word and finishes the line.

You obviously are not a golfer.:rotfl

How many of those do you have in your home right now? I bet 6 or less.

I said"I've been on this forum for about a year and in that year I have had the opportunity to buy or pre-order 17 Iron Man Armors!"

Did you intentioanly misrepresent my post?

11 of the 17 are HHP. I'm sure that we will be up to at least 20 by the end of 2015

I said"I've been on this forum for about a year and in that year I have had the opportunity to buy or pre-order 17 Iron Man Armors!"

Did you intentioanly misrepresent my post?

11 of the 17 are HHP. I'm sure that we will be up to at least 20 by the end of 2015

Nope you are having a drax moment.:lol

Well this striker armor is already into November of 2015, so if we get blue steel and another summer armor we are no where near 20 in hand by end of 2015.

Guys what I am getting at is 42 divided by 9 is still 4.5 years at the pace they are rolling on and that is on current production. With Star Wars avengers AOU Batman and god knows what else it's going to be 5 years before they finish up all of the HPP and round out Mark I-7 again.

And that's if HT even holds it's word and finishes the line.

There is a big issue with your math

42 is counting 1-7 and 42, all of which have been re-leased and one is currently being re-released as die cast

I'm not sure if we will get every armor from 8-14, which is 7 armors

If you subtract those 15 you get 27 other "HHP" armors, of those 27 you had an opportunity to get 11 in the past year

27 divided by 11 is 2.5 years

You also have to consider that several HHP armors will be quick to manufacture because all of the R&D is done.

I stand by my 3 year assessment, I'll have a full wine cellar by the end of 2017

There is a big issue with your math

42 is counting 1-7 and 42, all of which have been re-leased and one is currently being re-released as die cast

I'm not sure if we will get every armor from 8-14, which is 7 armors

If you subtract those 15 you get 27 other "HHP" armors, of those 27 you had an opportunity to get 11 in the past year

27 divided by 11 is 2.5 years

You also have to consider that several HHP armors will be quick to manufacture because all of the R&D is done.

I stand by my 3 year assessment, I'll have a full wine cellar by the end of 2017

Way to cut out 7 armors to fit your timeline. Changing the parameters there.

Ok we get it, you are building some monstrously huge wine cellar Dio with the cheapo styrofoam HOAs that is going to be framed full of wood. Don't need to hint at it every single post. Just add it to your sig line and we can be reminded every post you make from now on.:lol

It still works out to about 3 years for 34 armors.

Less then 1 year ago the established members on this forum were mocking new people like me that claimed Hot Toys would make a bunch of the HPP armors. They said we would be luck to 3or 4 total

Then they mocked the people that said they would make more dies cast armors, especially from the original 7

History is not on your side so I have no idea of what you are basing your expectations on.

Back