1/6 Hot Toys - MMS281 - Avengers: AoU - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol :1-1:

You know what excited me most about those pictures above? Look at how the lighting captures the contours of the Evans sculpt. That last pic is beautiful to me. :drool So realistic, imo. I cannot wait to have this in my hands!

Hell yeah :rock.... I was just going to comment to say how that last pic looks like that one scene in the trailer where Cap looks off into the distance, very similar pose
I can't wait either.... so excited :panic:

e2a21e34ed7ce425d7cc98bbaaa8c51a.jpg

New addition to the family :)

Wow, they look great together!

Are there any significant differences between the old skin tone and the new Cap?

I
Yeah adjusting them definitely helps. Anyway here's a couple more pics. Seriously one of my favorite HT figures so far. Sorry the pictures are so washed out and harsh...had to kind of rush them. I remembered to pull his pants up!

EC73D56A-2393-4105-A6ED-BE200A403927_zpsqd4akxdc.jpg

8F1A07D7-E45E-4CBA-98B6-35181CC06E9F_zpskezcppfg.jpg

BFB9C79E-D17A-4BCA-8FEA-2DD653A084EF_zpsincbbgb1.jpg

A quick "extreme" pose to show that you actually can pose this cap.

FD25794E-D548-41E9-8549-69B7764DADE0_zpswmvs9yrs.jpg

E5455A29-CDAD-4001-8B76-021A84088409_zpsr3c93irt.jpg

Basically I love this figure. The magnets are an excellent idea. There's two on his back, one by each elbow on his suit, and two of the hands have magnets on them. Thanks HT. The suit is fantastic and doesnt hinder articulation nearly as much as the strike cap. Proportions look great. No mods needed, methinks. The new AoU bases are also kind of neat.

Only issues I really have are the knee pads and the swapping out of hands. The knee pads can be a bit of a pain to adjust to each pose. Reminds me of the knees on the 1/4 batman. The hands are a massive pain to swap at times due to the glove design, but I guess there isn't a whole lot to be done about it. Also wish it had included a helmet chin strap holding hand. A real one.

Did I mention I love this figure? This is the definitive cap for me, and I adore the FA suit. Totally worth buying from timcent + the USPS ordeal I had to deal with. Seriously happy with this cap. I need to watch AoU like right now.

Epic pics! You win my interwebs for the day.

Mind taking a new one? Combine photo number 2 and 4. Holding helmet in hand with shield in his other hand, leg propped up like that. That might be my permanent pose!

That's their first clean die cast shield, yeah? Haha, I wish they still had the leather straps in the back so I could get some more and switch out with the old electroplated shields but the inaccuracy would probably both me too much. Does the neck appear long in that one photo or does it look fine in person?

Seriously cannot wait for this figure. Everyone's pics are so good it has me looking at buying one from overseas. I'm sure after the premiere next week my excitement will grow even more.

After a couple of days with him I can honestly say this is the Cap you need to get if you only want one. He is as close to perfect as you can get. Great head sculpt - check. Costume - very well done. Good proportion - check. Decent poses - check. Functional shield - check. This is what the stealth suit Cap should have been. There are still some issues with AoU Cap as in the sleeves fray and I don't like how difficult it is to change the hands. Overall he is awesome and I'm getting a second one when SSC gets theirs :). Fantastic figure. Can't say enough about it

Back