1/6 Hot Toys - MMS281 - Avengers: AoU - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a really good look at CW Cap more recently, I actually prefer the AoU design. CW Cap looks pretty similar to AoU but has less of the overdesigned elements - much fewer red and black bits, no white on the biceps, gloves are smaller. Avengers logo on the shoulders still there. Think of this as in between the stealth suit and AoU design. Some people might prefer that though, particularly those who feel the AoU suit is overdesigned.

Thanks for the info. Is there still red on the chest? Don't suppose the red stripes around the waist are less jagged...?

I got a really good look at CW Cap more recently, I actually prefer the AoU design. CW Cap looks pretty similar to AoU but has less of the overdesigned elements - much fewer red and black bits, no white on the biceps, gloves are smaller. Avengers logo on the shoulders still there. Think of this as in between the stealth suit and AoU design. Some people might prefer that though, particularly those who feel the AoU suit is overdesigned.

Does the middle red stripe on his torso extend all the way down on the CW suit? The AoU suit has the red stripe stop in the middle of his abdomen and bothers the crap out of me.

I've been so upset (not at the buyers) but at Sideshow putting their unsold HT on 20% sales as of late. I used a coupon on my Winter Soldier but people are getting him now for nearly $50 off they say, and it just makes me wonder whether I should wait on these guys or if they will sell out? I pre-ordered when it first went up since there was no NRD but now there is one, so if I use the coupon, I have to cancel and pay an NRD. I just wish SSC would be clear about what they are doing with their discounts, I almost feel like I'm losing out sometimes now when I pre-order early, when back in the day it was all about rushing to pre-order ASAP or you will lose a shot at retail. I feel sad. :thud:

I've been so upset (not at the buyers) but at Sideshow putting their unsold HT on 20% sales as of late. I used a coupon on my Winter Soldier but people are getting him now for nearly $50 off they say, and it just makes me wonder whether I should wait on these guys or if they will sell out? I pre-ordered when it first went up since there was no NRD but now there is one, so if I use the coupon, I have to cancel and pay an NRD. I just wish SSC would be clear about what they are doing with their discounts, I almost feel like I'm losing out sometimes now when I pre-order early, when back in the day, there was a rush to pre-order ASAP or you will lose your shot at retail. I feel sad. :thud:

I know what you mean, I ordered Winter Soldier like a month before he went to $50 off............ sickening :gah:

I've been so upset (not at the buyers) but at Sideshow putting their unsold HT on 20% sales as of late. I used a coupon on my Winter Soldier but people are getting him now for nearly $50 off they say, and it just makes me wonder whether I should wait on these guys or if they will sell out? I pre-ordered when it first went up since there was no NRD but now there is one, so if I use the coupon, I have to cancel and pay an NRD. I just wish SSC would be clear about what they are doing with their discounts, I almost feel like I'm losing out sometimes now when I pre-order early, when back in the day it was all about rushing to pre-order ASAP or you will lose a shot at retail. I feel sad. :thud:

There's no way to know, man. It's a total guessing game. Which figure will sell out quickly, which will warm shelves? When should I pull the trigger, when should I wait? :dunno

Most of us get screwed at some point in our collecting careers. Most of us get a great deal at some point in our collecting careers. We all pretty much come out square in the end. :duff

I know what you mean, I ordered Winter Soldier like a month before he went to $50 off............ sickening :gah:

That's why, and after last Spooktacular and all of the deals and discounts, I decided to start pre-ordering only the exclusive items, and to wait on the rest until SSC start shipping them and then order them and use the monthly $20 on them.

For example, I used this month's $20 coupon on Gamora, and I will use next month's on this Cap :)

I will probably never PO early again. There's absolutely nothing to be gained unless it's an exclusive that you want.

Definitely.

That's why, and after last Spooktacular and all of the deals and discounts, I decided to start pre-ordering only the exclusive items, and to wait on the rest until SSC start shipping them and then order them and use the monthly $20 on them.

For example, I used this month's $20 coupon on Gamora, and I will use next month's on this Cap :)

It's not just those $20 but moreso the double rewards and free shipping. Yes, they've been doing that for a long time now with their items not selling for a long long time, but now it might not even be worth using the coupon when you can get double points, free shipping, or 20% off. I guess it's just the changing that's bothering me but I'm sure I'll get over it soon enough. Just a rant guys, not really starting a movement :lol I remember TF Rescue Cap had been around forever, only got the free shipping treatment, never the double rewards, and back then you couldn't slap a coupon on him AND get the free shipping, it was either or. The recent change to that everyone loved, where you get rewarded for how much you end up paying. But it just seems now that almost every figure will eventually hit those marks now, it just defeats the purpose of the pre-order on the customer's end and in a way, and they never get a true mark-up of how many they need to meet all the demand. I don't know, I don't understand economics or business that well so maybe it fixes itself someway so I don't want to get into that because I won't know what the hell I'm talking about haha. HT and SSC are an expanding business and they want to mass produce and make $$, I just feel like you don't get rewarded anymore if you pre-order (unless it's a sought-after exclusive which most times you can still get via waitlist) than if you just wait out months and get the items late to get free shipping, double reward points, 20%, whatever the case. I don't know, sorry for the rant folks.

I only preorder from BBTS and most of the time ill cancel and wait it out. HT now produces these en mass now so discounts are pretty much guarantee.

Back