1/6 Hot Toys - MMS281 - Avengers: AoU - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You said it man. [emoji38] I just got my first Hot Toy last month, I've been building a custom between then and now, and just received 3Zero's Tyrion yesterday. It's as much of a rabbit hole as people have said.

Oh boy, your in deeper than I am :rofl I only have one custom and it was a simple body swap :lol

If I want an item enough to pre order it and then months later after I received the item the company has an abundance of stock of said item and then decide to discount it and sell it because whatever reason, I don't feel bad or sour or upset at them. I still have my item that I paid at retail for. I understand people wanting to wait it out to save a few bucks or seeking codes to get an item a little cheaper but those who play that game run the risks of inflated ebay prices if they miss out an item they want. Its a double edge sword doing so. However being salty because you paid regular price and months later they sell it a little cheaper is childish. I don't care how much heat I get for this because the complaining is so ridiculous. For those that get free figs I say congratulations even if I paid for that figure. (even some people that received free figs complain:slap)

I usually wait it out. If/when a figure starts to rise in price it's usually not overnight. If I start seeing a trend in the figure selling for more I'll usually buy before it goes beyond what I'm willing to pay. So far no recently released fig has made me do this, it's more likely I'll score any fig I want for less than retail

Technically, he's still saving $20, just paying a deposit since he'll probably be getting this figure for sure, no cancellation in the future. If it ever reaches double points or free shipping territory, then the NRD would be lost if he decides to cancel then for the extra perks. Hell, I might start waiting things out now since I'm in no rush anymore to get anything as space has become an issue, but it seems the trend now given all the bonus perks SSC's been giving due to HT's mass production of everything that isn't exclusive.

Did you cancel with Sideshow? If you did, you essentially payed more than $20 for the NRD and traded for $20 dollars off.

PO'd day 1 with no NRD. 20 dollar coupon brought it to 215 with shipping. Paid a 22.50 NRD now. So now I have to pay 192.50 total.

Love your reviews, Clipperking, although for me personally source material and packaging aren't useful categories at all and it always seems a shame when they bring a great figure's score down. For me the most weight in an overall score should go to the figure itself, its costume, articulation, likeness and extras. It's certainly a gorgeous figure and I can't wait to receive mine--certainly the best Cap Hot Toys has produced. The body looks better to me in the outfit than the stealth suit version did--the chest and arms look beefier and there's a nice V-shape to the torso. And thank God for those magnets to hold the shield.

After watching Clips review (excellent, really in depth). The articulation doesn't look that much better than the Stealth Suit (which I preferred the look of). Maybe when I have seen the prices from UK sellers, i'll make a final decision then.

Back