1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Collectible Figure (Teaser)

I'm pretty sure I saw a drone with blue eyes fighting Cap in the second trailer

Yeah the Sentries with the blue eyes are still definitely enemies. Since Ultron showed that he had control over the Iron Legion, it would make more sense that the ones designed to look like him are the ones has complete control over.

I'm just hoping that the one with red eyes will serve as Ultron's temporary look and act as a sort of substitute for when he switches between various Sentries (the red color being an indicator of Ultron "possessing" something). It would make sense for him to have an incomplete look before he makes his full-fledged indestructible form (Ultron Prime), not to mention it gives the classic look of Ultron a chance to actually shine in the film.

Yeah the Sentries with the blue eyes are still definitely enemies. Since Ultron showed that he had control over the Iron Legion, it would make more sense that the ones designed to look like him are the ones has complete control over.

I'm just hoping that the one with red eyes will serve as Ultron's temporary look and act as a sort of substitute for when he switches between various Sentries (the red color being an indicator of Ultron "possessing" something). It would make sense for him to have an incomplete look before he makes his full-fledged indestructible form (Ultron Prime), not to mention it gives the classic look of Ultron a chance to actually shine in the film.

and you see a blue drone attacking Cap in the trailer.

Im curious if anyone here who is maybe more of a classic comic geek rather than a movie geek will buy the more comic book looking Ultron drone and just keep that as their definitive version of Ultron rather than purchase Prime?

Im curious if anyone here who is maybe more of a classic comic geek rather than a movie geek will buy the more comic book looking Ultron drone and just keep that as their definitive version of Ultron rather than purchase Prime?

I would be tempted to, if they released the drone in 1/6.

I think some people are planning to do just that actually. That being said, I don't really see how Ultron Prime's design somehow doesn't fit the "comic geek" criteria especially since he's specifically modeled after a combination of Ultron's modern comic designs. If anything, by giving his robotic form a more humanoid face instead of completely making him fully humanoid (as seen in the last picture below) along with the internal light piping, this is more of a middle ground between some of his latest robot designs and his human designs.

Age-of-Ultron-Art-Marvel-Comicsjpg.jpg

ultron-phalanx.jpg

aFKSspF.jpg

As a comic fan of Ultron myself, I love the Sentry design as it works as a classic look no doubt, but Ultron Prime's look is a lot closer to his comic origins than people are making it out to be.

I personally don't like the Ultron Prime look and will definitely be getting the "drone" or classic look if HT releases it.

I'd totally be on board with that. Totally dig classic Ultron but IMO the Bryan Hitch version of Ultron is the best visual version to date. He updated/modernized the suit but kept the iconic giant menacing mouth. There's something inherently unsettling about that giant evil mouth....(vis-à-vis the Joker)

ultron-bryan-hitch-age.jpg

There was also a blue eyed drone flying through traffic. Also all the drones that climbed out of the water and flew out were all blue eyed.

Is it really necessary to question the allegiance of the drones.... they obviously serve Ultron

I'd totally be on board with that. Totally dig classic Ultron but IMO the Bryan Hitch version of Ultron is the best visual version to date. He updated/modernized the suit but kept the iconic giant menacing mouth. There's something inherently unsettling about that giant evil mouth....(vis-à-vis the Joker)

View attachment 163678

I REALLY love that look.

It's a shame that Ultron wasn't given much "screentime", not to mention how they botched the entire Age of Ultron storyline. Personally some of my most favorite designs were on the Age of Ultron variant covers, particularly the 1st and 2nd-last covers:
age-of-ultron-1e-674x1024.jpg

1368542255.jpg

Just a shame that they just ended up being covers instead of actually showing up in the story. :slap
In terms of the classics though, the one from the Ultron Unlimited storyline will always remain as my top favorite:
Avengers_Vol_3_22_Textless.jpeg

As a comic geek, I never liked the more human Ultron designs. I always found him to be at his most menacing when he was less human. Plus he despises humanity, why would he want to look like us.

Having said that, I am digging the design for Ultron Prime.

Yes it's not an exact rip from the comics but this isn't completely true either. Accounting for how it's designed it actually looks like a combination of Ultron's modern designs.

I don't mind how they changed the body to look more robotic and less like organic metal (i.e. Colossus), but like most others I'd prefer that the final form had eyes and a mouth pulled straight from the pages of a book with his classic look. It not only looks more menacing but keeps truer to the source material. I'm not writing off the design yet though. I'm open to (certain) change that works so we'll see how he moves everyone on the big screen

As a comic geek, I never liked the more human Ultron designs. I always found him to be at his most menacing when he was less human. Plus he despises humanity, why would he want to look like us.

Having said that, I am digging the design for Ultron Prime.
That was like way way back and has since sort of shifted for quite some time by now.

Even in his classic days, Ultron always showed signs of humanity by desiring companionship. He made two wives and two sons for crying out loud, and even almost turned the entire Avengers into his own robo-family. In the Annihilation: Conquest storyline Ultron essentially adopted an entire race as a father-figure and deduced that the ultimate lifeform cannot simply be purely made of technology, thus recognizing that even some bio-organic elements must be incorporated in order to perfect himself. That's why Ultron's strongest form in the Annihilation: Conquest story is so humanoid.

If Ultron completely despised humanity he could have stayed as an R2-D2/Dalek wannabe, yet he still ended up adopting a humanoid form while exhibiting very human traits. A huge part of Ultron's characterization is that he's one psychotic hypocrite. He preaches about humanity being a flaw while he himself acts very much like them with his personality and thought patterns even being modeled after a human being.

I don't mind how they changed the body to look more robotic and less like organic metal (i.e. Colossus), but like most others I'd prefer that the final form had eyes and a mouth pulled straight from the pages of a book with his classic look. It not only looks more menacing but keeps truer to the source material. I'm not writing off the design yet though. I'm open to (certain) change that works so we'll see how he moves everyone on the big screen
I can see what you mean as I myself am a huge fan of the classic look. That said I feel that the new eyes and mouth aren't a complete departure from his character given how twice now in the comic that he has adopted a more human appearance. The fact that they didn't go all-human makes me happy since I always prefer the robotic look, and I have hope that he'll look absolutely amazing in the film even with the new design.

The storyline tells you why he looks like he does -- he's Pinocchio. He truly wants to be a real boy. And he's angry that he can't be.

That was like way way back and has since sort of shifted for quite some time by now.

Even in his classic days, Ultron always showed signs of humanity by desiring companionship. He made two wives and two sons for crying out loud, and even almost turned the entire Avengers into his own robo-family. In the Annihilation: Conquest storyline Ultron essentially adopted an entire race as a father-figure and deduced that the ultimate lifeform cannot simply be purely made of technology, thus recognizing that even some bio-organic elements must be incorporated in order to perfect himself. That's why Ultron's strongest form in the Annihilation: Conquest story is so humanoid.

If Ultron completely despised humanity he could have stayed as an R2-D2/Dalek wannabe, yet he still ended up adopting a humanoid form while exhibiting very human traits. A huge part of Ultron's characterization is that he's one psychotic hypocrite. He preaches about humanity being a flaw while he himself acts very much like them with his personality and thought patterns even being modeled after a human being.

I can see what you mean as I myself am a huge fan of the classic look. That said I feel that the new eyes and mouth aren't a complete departure from his character given how twice now in the comic that he has adopted a more human appearance. The fact that they didn't go all-human makes me happy since I always prefer the robotic look, and I have hope that he'll look absolutely amazing in the film even with the new design.

I can roll with that! I always liked Ultron. Especially over other Avengers villains(looking at Thanos) because when they beat him, it never seemed like a cop out to the story. Ultron was always difficult, but he was never a god. I am excited to see the MCU's version of him. Plus I want to see what Hot Toys is going to roll out with.

The storyline tells you why he looks like he does -- he's Pinocchio. He truly wants to be a real boy. And he's angry that he can't be.

Sad as that may sound, that's essentially Ultron in a nutshell. :lecture

;_; wah wah.... maybe he needs to assemble himself a new form with a set of balls

:lol Jk

Oh lawdy. :rotfl

Back