1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Collectible Figure (Teaser)

That was like way way back and has since sort of shifted for quite some time by now.

Even in his classic days, Ultron always showed signs of humanity by desiring companionship. He made two wives and two sons for crying out loud, and even almost turned the entire Avengers into his own robo-family. In the Annihilation: Conquest storyline Ultron essentially adopted an entire race as a father-figure and deduced that the ultimate lifeform cannot simply be purely made of technology, thus recognizing that even some bio-organic elements must be incorporated in order to perfect himself. That's why Ultron's strongest form in the Annihilation: Conquest story is so humanoid.

If Ultron completely despised humanity he could have stayed as an R2-D2/Dalek wannabe, yet he still ended up adopting a humanoid form while exhibiting very human traits. A huge part of Ultron's characterization is that he's one psychotic hypocrite. He preaches about humanity being a flaw while he himself acts very much like them with his personality and thought patterns even being modeled after a human being.

I can see what you mean as I myself am a huge fan of the classic look. That said I feel that the new eyes and mouth aren't a complete departure from his character given how twice now in the comic that he has adopted a more human appearance. The fact that they didn't go all-human makes me happy since I always prefer the robotic look, and I have hope that he'll look absolutely amazing in the film even with the new design.

The human traits definitely would make sense because of his paradox, but I guess I'm a bit of an old-schooler and gravitate to things that pay homage to classic designs. Those recent stories and images of him looking human are waaaay after my comic reading days.

I try not to dig too deep into researching movies before they're released because I try to avoid spoilers, but I did read somewhere (forgot where) that part of the decision behind the hunan-ish features was because they thought it would be too hard to convey emotion from an immobile face. Personally I think that tone of voice and body langue is enough to convey emotion, but hey. Maybe even some fluctuation of brightness in the lights of his eyes and mouth or something.

Either way, I have faith in the decision and I doubt it'll disappoint on screen. The saga from the very start hasn't really went wrong (even the worst of the movies are still sorta good IMO), so I don't expect them to strikeout now

Pre-ordered the art book for AoU today, can't wait to see all the Ultron designs they came up with in concept stages.

Pre-ordered the art book for AoU today, can't wait to see all the Ultron designs they came up with in concept stages.

Yeah I PO'd that too, and The Road to Avengers Age of Ultron and the 2 prelude novels :yess: :hi5: The marvel art books are always interesting

The only art book I ever purchased was the one for Pacific Rim. I may get this one.

Yeah the Sentries with the blue eyes are still definitely enemies. Since Ultron showed that he had control over the Iron Legion, it would make more sense that the ones designed to look like him are the ones has complete control over.

I'm just hoping that the one with red eyes will serve as Ultron's temporary look and act as a sort of substitute for when he switches between various Sentries (the red color being an indicator of Ultron "possessing" something). It would make sense for him to have an incomplete look before he makes his full-fledged indestructible form (Ultron Prime), not to mention it gives the classic look of Ultron a chance to actually shine in the film.

:goodpost::exactly:

I personally don't like the Ultron Prime look and will definitely be getting the "drone" or classic look if HT releases it.

I don't like it either... and for me its hard to believe that is his final form

;_; wah wah.... maybe he needs to assemble himself a new form with a set of balls

:lol Jk

:rotfl

Btw thats the best signature I've seen in my entire life

I've got the artbooks for Avengers and the first Thor movie. I'll have to get this one too

It really suits Cap & Thor :lol

Well Thor for sure, that look suits Asgardians:
ThoseSparklingCivet.gif

Cap? ehhhhhhh:
Captain America in Avengers picslice.jpg

Last edited:

This forum is turning into something i'd see in a Marvel movie directed by Aphex Twin... dude is creepy as hell.

Last edited:

Aphex Twin? Window Licker?

Never mind.

Thanks, now I can sleep again, no more nightmares.

Back