1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously. I did not think Ultron would cost almost 400 bucks, more around 300-325.. Im getting the diecast whiplash now
True whiplash looks like a steal now. I get that he is intricate in his design but cap like the repaint of the 42 only cost $ 74 more wish I knew why.

They are no making it impossible to even consider buying multiples of the same figure

I was thinking the same thing, I never understood why it's such a big deal but that's only because I never plan to cancel anything after I order it, I just wouldn't order it in the first place. The money goes towards the figure you'd be spending on it anyway, it's not like they screw you with a separate fee... And from what i've seen on here, SSC is usually pretty cool about using an NRD for something else if you want to cancel.

I understand what you're saying. For me it's the principle of it. I just like having liquidity with money. Plus with the way these prices have been heading you'd pay for a figure with all the added NRD's. I know I certainly would with the amount that I pre-order.

I was thinking the same thing, I never understood why it's such a big deal but that's only because I never plan to cancel anything after I order it, I just wouldn't order it in the first place. The money goes towards the figure you'd be spending on it anyway, it's not like they screw you with a separate fee... And from what i've seen on here, SSC is usually pretty cool about using an NRD for something else if you want to cancel.

Its because mainly when your on a budget it can be tough. If you have 400 set aside for a figure that comes out in a year things can happen. Flat tires, tv breaks. Life pops up.

Price on this is high but I don't get the comparisons to Groot. They're both tall but that's where the similarities end. Ultron is way more complex and intricate than Groot so makes sense it's more expensive. I dislike the design but I get why it's more.

If they don't end up releasing the Drones, particularly the red one, AND if HB is too expensive for my taste, I'm not getting anything from this line. That's pretty depressing. Way to overprice me out guys.

$375....sigh HT......... To those who want it..have fun- you do realize 9 more AOU figures coming as well????

Its because mainly when your on a budget it can be tough. If you have 400 set aside for a figure that comes out in a year things can happen. Flat tires, tv breaks. Life pops up.

Yeah... I guess that was a bit of ignorance on my part... I have it in my head that people who buy stuff like this have similar income to my own. Pretty soon it may be the case with the prices on some of these... I still order what I want anyway, but if it doesn't start to even out soon I may not be in the game much longer myself, or at least not in my current capacity.

Same. I hope he's still on track. Just watched IM 2 the other night for the hundredth time and it got me excited for this one all over again. Need to resave RPs for him again since I blew them all on Igor.

My shelf needs a iron man viilian and WL will be just fine. Even though it cost more you're still getting bang for your buck. I have to draw a limit. Im excited as anybody for the movie, but I dont want Ultron that bad. Congrats to all that have been waiting for this reveal, I think it turned out great.

They'll do that once as a courtesy...after that (though I'm sure there are very rare exceptions) it's your pill to swallow! :)

I don't cancel when I order. Most importantly though I don't believe in tying up my money for a product that may take up to a year and a half to come out.

Maybe you don't, but it happens a lot. No one forces a preorder. You have the option to wait till it's released. Or do what you did and seek it elsewhere. But I can't fault a business for requiring a deposit on a product they have to guarantee to have once you preorder. If multiple people preorder and cancel sideshow is (it takes more the. Five or ten but it happens in larger numbers) then stuck with items they may have to sell at a loss.

It's great you don't cancel your preorders. But it happens all to often. There was a person on here that preorder a figure, canceled, reordered, and then canceled again. And about every two pages on average, in any thread after a figure is released, you can find a preorder canceled. The preorder and flex pay are both courtesies sideshow provides, and yes they can help SSC as well, that are not required. So if they want to make sure they don't get stuck with a bunch of dead stock I'm fine with that..heck I support it completly. It helps my figures hold their value.

I can see them going the two pack route with the drones like they did with the Chitauri.

If they are the same size and as intricate in detail as Ultron Prime, I highly doubt they'll do a 2 pack. Maybe they will do one figure that is both red and blue. Who knows.

Wow... that's it! I'm priced out! For real this time... can't do $400 a pop, that is just crazy. Looks like BTTF will be my last line with HT. Man, I freaking miss those days of $180 dollar HT figures.

Back