1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ultron was pretty much the reason why I started collecting 1/6 figures. It's almost a godsend that he's getting featured in a big film at all (centered on him as the titular bad guy no less!) and this is literally the first full-fledged 1/6 figure of him. As a longtime fan of Ultron who has longed for a HT figure of him for many years now, I will not miss this chance, price be damned and all. :lecture

Holy ****.. I just checked the page and there is no Diecast in this thing?
I'm not one to complain for a fair price but that's a joke.

Damn! I thought this was an instant buy. But that price is just idiotic. I don't care if he's larger and a new mold. It's just too much for what you get. At least some more accessories or the crushed drone body from the trailer... ANYTHING to make it seem like it could possibly be worth that much.

Kinda disappointed that no accessories were included maybe they aren't any in the movie. I don't see the value. Maybe it won't sell out (not exclusive) and we can catch a spooktacular deal for him and Thanos.

Well look at the Iron Man armors, they don't look bad because in the movies they don't look like their comic counterparts...

This is just Hot Toys being lazy(sloppy sculpting), impatient(rush job, clearly didnt use proper references and should have waited until more of Ultron was shown) and greedy(outrageous price for a plastic figure, would have suited a diecast figure more)

His head sculpt looks terrible. 380 for this is absolutely ridiculous, even if the head sculpt was accurate.

And I think this might be one to wait for in hand images. Likely won't sell out given the quality seen this thus far and price.

I make decent money and have been collecting for awhile..... That being said I think they actually are pricing me out of buying figures now and in the future.

I sucked it up for awhile but enough is enough.

Im still not convinced were even seeing an actual figure and just a photoshopped rendering.

Wow! :horror $375 is ridiculous for this. I don't even think it looks that great... Something odd about it. The only part that made me say cool was the base! Maybe I'll pick that up parted out if no other figures come with a similar one. Only way this price is justifiable is if it was in die-cast. Someone at Hot Toys has gotten there hands on some medical grade ganja!! I thought Thanos was pushing it too far, but he has a throne at least. I was actually looking forward to this and Hulkbuster the most, and that's the one I thought I would cry over. :rotfl I was hoping this would be my 1st die-cast as I didn't care for anything released so far, ie the MK 42 & 43, WMMK II or Iron Patriot. Considered the MKIII but I have the original BD exclusive version. But, I'm actually kinda happy cause Hot Toys just saved me $$$!! :yess: Well guess now I'll consider Vision (the only other new Avenger I was interested in) until he comes up at $350 cause he'll actually somehow be able to turn translucent!! :lol

But, I'm actually kinda happy cause Hot Toys just saved me $$$!! :yess: Well guess now I'll consider Vision (the only other new Avenger I was interested in) until he comes up at $350 cause he'll actually somehow be able to turn translucent!! :lol

Sounds like your average HT figure: a lot of money that just suddenly disappears. :lol

Though it should be mentioned that I'm definitely getting this guy. :monkey3

Im still not convinced were even seeing an actual figure and just a photoshopped rendering.

10372563_1048473705166768_1524406695470291754_n.jpg

Well I did try to convince you.... but I actually don't know why :lol

lol, there will hopefully be a mark 1 version figure, that I'll probably buy as it'd be the one Tony Stark had a hand in developing..., I have to really like something to be spending $375.00+ on it, this one just isn't saying buy me. lol

This hobbie is getting out of hand. There is no reason they should be charging that much for this figure. This is getting to rich for my blood. I might have to call it quits with this company unless something comes along that I 100% must have.

There goes my hope for the whole line and a decent price on Hulkbuster. Jesus! Imagine the price tag on that monster given this recent trend.

This is such an easy pass. Gonna wait this one out. Pretty sure another version of some sort will come. At minimum there is that Mark 1 base with XLIII that can be picked up parted out.

Must say I was generally underwhelmed by this when I saw the pictures, I realize they are using some artistic licence to portray him in the film but he just doesn't say Ultron to me, I think they strayed a bit to far from the comic book look, all that together with the size which will just make him look out of scale and the rather large price tag makes this a quite easy pass.

I may get a drone further down the line as they look more like the Ultron I recognize.

The outrageous price doesn't surprise me. Must have been the likeness rights to James Spader that influenced the high price tag, not Sideshow or Hot Toys' fault!

A friend actually sent me a text saying "new Hot Toys, bad price, comes with nothing" along with a pic of it. On my iPhone's lock screen, I quickly thought it was a 1984 T-800 Endoskeleton. Once I unlocked my phone and saw a larger, clearer pic in my messages I was like "oh", and shrugged. $370 didn't surprise me. I'm actually surprised it wasn't $400. They probably saving that price for the other Ultron versions.

Back