1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The outrageous price doesn't surprise me.

Must have been the likeness rights to James Spader that influenced the high price tag, not Sideshow or Hot Toys' fault!

Please, we don't need his essays on likeness rights. Or whatever it is he claims to know.

Re: Hot Toys Ultron Prime 1:6 scale figure - official pictures

HO-LEE CRAP. :panic:

Not getting this, but a mighty congratulations to those who will. :duff

Where are Brainiac, Ultron-7 and Ronri? They gotta see this.

Can't believe I missed this, but yep I'm still on board this ship. :lol

I love the character, and I love the design. the lights are truly a non-issue for me.
The first Ultron I ever got as a kid also had a light-up feature and he looked "dead" 90% of the time I played with it.
N2ixK32.jpg

Fast-forward many years later and he's still the same ol' Ultron that I loved many years back. :rotfl

Please, we don't need his essays on likeness rights. Or whatever it is he claims to know.
Eh... I think he brings up good points for the most part. You guys that have a hate-on for Motux should take advantage of the ignore feature. People complaining and sniping at other members constantly is just as annoying to many readers as whomever they're complaining about.

The outrageous price doesn't surprise me. Must have been the likeness rights to James Spader that influenced the high price tag, not Sideshow or Hot Toys' fault!

A friend actually sent me a text saying "new Hot Toys, bad price, comes with nothing" along with a pic of it. On my iPhone's lock screen, I quickly thought it was a 1984 T-800 Endoskeleton. Once I unlocked my phone and saw a larger, clearer pic in my messages I was like "oh", and shrugged. $370 didn't surprise me. I'm actually surprised it wasn't $400. They probably saving that price for the other Ultron versions.

Click the link! Buy now!
Ultron Prime - Hot Toys 1:6 pre-order!

Since the first official release of Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron trailer, the film’s titular villain Ultron’s menacing appearance and memorable speech has grabbed many fans’ attention and left wondering how the Earth’s mightiest heroes can stand up against this highly dangerous robot and its large army.

With the epic blockbuster just few short months away from hitting theatres worldwide, Hot Toys is very excited to “show you something beautiful” today, the 1/6th scale Ultron Prime Collectible Figure, that many fans and collectors have eagerly awaited to see!

The movie-accurate Collectible Figure is specially crafted based on the image of Ultron Prime in Avengers: Age of Ultron. It stands approximately 41 cm tall, featuring a newly developed head sculpt and body with mechanical details, LED light-up head and upper body, and a specially designed Avengers: Age of Ultron logo figure base with LED light-up function!

This threatening villain will have great presence in your Avengers: Age of Ultron collection!

The 1/6th scale Ultron Prime Collectible Figure specially features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Ultron Prime in Avengers: Age of Ultron
- Movie-accurate sculpture with mechanical details
- Silver colored painting on armor
- LED light-up head sculpt and upper body (red light, battery operated)
- Approximately 41 cm tall
- Newly developed body with over 30 points of articulations
- Two (2) pairs of interchangeable palms including:
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of palms with movable fingers

Accessory:
- Specially-designed Avengers: Age of Ultron figure stand with LED light-up function (red light, battery opearated)

Release date: Q4, 2015 – Q1, 2016

**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Product details can subject to change without further notice
**Batteries included for collectible figure

© 2015 Marvel.
© 2015 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

16497603252_326c368ee1_b.jpg

15878461123_24954933d9_b.jpg

16496866111_e1e2197d6a_b.jpg

16497603112_1be7ee4f60_b.jpg

16311170780_2bb88b05a3_b.jpg

16311170700_548fa71f66_b.jpg

15876050194_e5bfc9c723_b.jpg

16312334329_d4bffed996_b.jpg

16498613975_790cb7a7cb_b.jpg

Nothing about these says $375. No extra hands, no Dio base, nothing. As posted above ill wait and see what a drone might run for

No ex and an NRD, this will sit in stock for a while I think.

They surely have to see people aren't going to be in a rush to pre order these for just the regular.

Seems like got a bit lucky with Cap only being $225.

Nothing about these says $375. No extra hands, no Dio base, nothing. As posted above ill wait and see what a drone might run for

Well technically he has extra fists besides the articulated hands.
:monkey3

53f4f16b21cf6d72274f03f9b52d5099a38d1455e021f6dde688e42c53180c41.jpg

$5 more than I thought it would be from Sideshow so no great surprise on the price--doesn't mean I'm happy with it. At least I know I don't need to rush to order since there's no EX and it can be found a little cheaper elsewhere. Action Figure Express has him for $344.99 AFX Hot Toys Ultron

We'll get a much better idea as to what everything will look like at SDCC, until then I don't believe they're any other major shows Hot Toys participates in but I could be misinformed.

$5 more than I thought it would be from Sideshow so no great surprise on the price--doesn't mean I'm happy with it. At least I know I don't need to rush to order since there's no EX and it can be found a little cheaper elsewhere. Action Figure Express has him for $344.99 AFX Hot Toys Ultron

Honestly for Ultron, I was more than ready to swallow $700 I just love the character that much. :monkey4

Is that site trustworthy? Not saying it isn't but I've never ordered there to know so I'm just curious because $344 for Ultron is a steal for me.

Well the proportions are off and that's my only turn off about the figure. In still probably gonna buy him but I'm hoping his will turn out like the Amazing Spidey 2 figure with all the negative feedback it's getting. Everyone should just email Hot Toys! Or have them see all the negative feedback somehow

He is also listed as being 16 inches tall, I don't think we saw any comparison of height between Ultron and the other characters so far from the previews. Articulation also looks kind of limited, doesn't look like there is going to be any movement in the waist and torso, and it don't look like he has double jointed elbows and knees. I wish Hot Toys would have included more accessories, maybe interchangeable battle damaged parts, but I'm sure there is going to be a battle damaged Ultron repaint in the future.

If I wasn't so impatient, I would order from other sites that have figures cheaper... But i've seen people complain that it takes secondary sites months longer to get figures sometimes... No thanks, I'll pay the extra to get it sooner than later.

Woah this thread is moving too fast. What are these pictures of the Legends line Ultron figures face all about?

And that looks like a flaking nightmare. This is the first HT figure I've had initial excitement for and then despair. I don't like it. Hold me... :(

Looks like a Terminator endoskeleton.

Honestly for Ultron, I was more than ready to swallow $700 I just love the character that much. :monkey4

Is that site trustworthy? Not saying it isn't but I've never ordered there to know so I'm just curious because $344 for Ultron is a steal for me.

I've ordered from them before, though it's been awhile, with no problems.

I've ordered from them before, though it's been awhile, with no problems.

Question though, being a secondary site as they are, I assume they're more likely to get their shipments later?
I'm just debating between price vs getting it early. :panic:

Back