1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My ex-girlfriend, broke up last week actually, didn't say much but thought it was stupid and a waste of money. My previous girlfriend was supportive and didn't really care as long as I didn't complain of being broke. She collected uglydolls and family guy figures.

There are worse things to be addicted to. At least your addiction allows for some financial recovery if you decide to sell your collection.
In some cases, you will actually make money on sales. Just keep collecting what you love!

exactly..... what ever you collect, keep collecting
and if she's nice and really likes you then she wont mind :D

My ex-girlfriend, broke up last week actually, didn't say much but thought it was stupid and a waste of money. My previous girlfriend was supportive and didn't really care as long as I didn't complain of being broke. She collected uglydolls and family guy figures.
Sounds like the first one was the keeper :dunno

I know where you are coming from on this one. In August of 2014, my fiance moved in with me. She was always supportive of my collecting and we had gone on many toy hunts. We had been together for one month shy of two years when she moved in. I make about 2.5 times more than she did and even gave her money for anything she wanted. All she had to do was tell me she wanted it and BAM, there it was.
I started selling off a lot of my collection to make room for her and her stuff. She had requested it.
I had reduced my collection of Marvel Legends and Transformers by half in an attempt to please her.
In my own defense, I got rid of stuff that I didn't care to have or display any longer. I did however, get rid of my sh figuarts DBZ figs. I made a lot of money off of them and decided to get a Rocket and Groot and have a small Hot Toys collection.
After two months, my fiance decided she didn't want to be my fiance and began to move out. On the day she left, she told me that if I had gotten rid of my stuff without buying more she would've stayed. I looked at her and said, "I'm sorry that you feel that way. I enjoy collecting this stuff and won't let you take away something that makes me happy."
I let her go and haven't spoken to her since.

My girlfriend supports this hobby and she likes some of my figs :lol she's supportive of me getting this as long as I also get the Deloreon (help!) :rofl

I know where you are coming from on this one. In August of 2014, my fiance moved in with me. She was always supportive of my collecting and we had gone on many toy hunts. We had been together for one month shy of two years when she moved in. I make about 2.5 times more than she did and even gave her money for anything she wanted. All she had to do was tell me she wanted it and BAM, there it was.
I started selling off a lot of my collection to make room for her and her stuff. She had requested it.
I had reduced my collection of Marvel Legends and Transformers by half in an attempt to please her.
In my own defense, I got rid of stuff that I didn't care to have or display any longer. I did however, get rid of my sh figuarts DBZ figs. I made a lot of money off of them and decided to get a Rocket and Groot and have a small Hot Toys collection.
After two months, my fiance decided she didn't want to be my fiance and began to move out. On the day she left, she told me that if I had gotten rid of my stuff without buying more she would've stayed. I looked at her and said, "I'm sorry that you feel that way. I enjoy collecting this stuff and won't let you take away something that makes me happy."
I let her go and haven't spoken to her since.

That's tough, sorry man

im addicted to these figures its becoming a problem..:pray:

Have to agree with MegaPrime33, your current course seems certain to end badly.
Having a 'secret' bank account for flex payments is not a good idea, because it makes it easier to feed the 'addiction'.. if they are flex payments, it also suggests you risk putting a strain on your finances.. and as you have pointed out, the figures are going to be physical proof that you have purchased them.. so you are going to get found out.

It might be a good idea to put some strict rules in place for managing your collecting and stick to them.. your wallet will thank you, and your wife will not be chasing you round the house, brandishing a frying pan.

Any one have any Idea what the additional pieces to the HB could be, saw the trailer were it came together in the air, maybe it has something to do with that.

Might be an animated character but if I was with someone who looked like that... she could hit me with a frying pan all she wants....
kinda a sucker for blondes :rotfl

Tbh, the death of most relationships, is one or both sides believing they can/want to, fundamentally change the other.. leopards can't change their spots.. much better to keep looking for a leopard with habits you like

..and that doesn't pee on the carpet, or claw the furniture.

Tbh, the death of most relationships, is one or both sides believing they can/want to, fundamentally change the other.. leopards can't change their spots.. much better to keep looking for a leopard with habits you like

..and that doesn't pee on the carpet, or claw the furniture.

That's deep, man... And very true. Especially the part about the carpet.

Back in my day, this thread was used to talk about the Hulkbuster...now it's used to talk about wives and girlfriends; dang hippies!!!

Back