1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look do some guys get lucky and find an amazing, beautiful, not too naggy gf/wife that likes/love collecting like you do, yes im sure they are some out there. But compared to how many aren't that crazy about it, I can feel confident saying that most aren't. But living/being with a significant other, like just about everything else in life requires balance. Just like most guys aren't crazy when girls buy too many clothes, shoes, purses ect. they probably aren't crazy about us buying high end toys/figures. So I think/feel that as long as you aren't spending you rent payments or your kids college fund and if she loves you, she will probably accept it, at least to a certain degree.

Well I would consider myself extremely lucky to find someone like that.....
and I totally agree with the rest of your post.... if you could find a good balance it can be good. Some things can be more important and its important you don't lose sight of that.

:duff

Well i got my Hulkbuster haha

dff0a635f99d58ba1baf0c35871735d4.jpg

32d00e316dc505c03d9e3c202b109d91.jpg

09ed0a1db420b8f1c2411c90e339e8f1.jpg

Now i need to break my wife down on letting me get the HT big brother.

I hear that, had a female friend tell me that she wanted to run away screaming when she saw my display case and we were just friends. I would have split as well if forced to make the choice. :clap

Sorry to hear that from you guys. Good riddance. This isn't a judgement of adulthood or manhood. I have been a Marine for 16 years, served in OEF and OIF multiple times. This hobby doesn't make me (or my spouse) question my role as a husband or father or combat veteran. My beautiful wife loves that I have a fun side. Obviously I have to be selective due to budget constraints, but she has never once looked at me sideways. Ok once but I decided to get a figure over another pistol (only own 1). Funny thing is I practice a pretty minimalist lifestyle. But I have a special connection with Iron Man (since I was a kid) and these toys blew my mind. Only discovered them after IM3 (yep that late). Stay true to who you are. You'll find the good people that way.

Sorry to hear that from you guys. Good riddance. This isn't a judgement of adulthood or manhood. I have been a Marine for 16 years, served in OEF and OIF multiple times. This hobby doesn't make me (or my spouse) question my role as a husband or father or combat veteran. My beautiful wife loves that I have a fun side. Obviously I have to be selective due to budget constraints, but she has never once looked at me sideways. Ok once but I decided to get a figure over another pistol (only own 1). Funny thing is I practice a pretty minimalist lifestyle. But I have a special connection with Iron Man (since I was a kid) and these toys blew my mind. Only discovered them after IM3 (yep that late). Stay true to who you are. You'll find the good people that way.

I couldn't have said it better myself. I was lucky enough to find a girlfriend that supports this hobby. All she tells me is that make sure I don't starve myself and don't complain when I don't have money. She thinks me getting another IM is overkill at this point but she's enjoying the fact I'm getting more variety (ie, DX10 Terminator classic predator, Star Wars, Back to the Future) and enjoys seeing me happy. That's what a spouse should really care about.

Semper Fi Marine. Served 8 myself.

gentlemen we honor your service to our country and may you always stay safe ! On the side of having a significant other that supports the hobby. I too have one although for this instance she would shocked at the cost . Anyway its a hobby and thus a release of stress at the end of the day...

Chut!! 3 1/2 years left...... Light at end of tunnel.......Almost there........

:panic:

That's a long time to be in the corps man. Folks don't usually get that it's not a job. It's a lifestyle. They are up in everything. Lol after you get past the first four or five years it's much better, usually lol, but man it's still a lifestyle. Lol my first few years in I was not the best marine. Lol on top of having a closed MOS for a while enlistment. Nearly five years as a lance. Lol then a wonderful stint in OIF ( and enduring eagle to start) as a 9916. (If u don't know look it up. MOS-*****. Open mos so you got air wingers doing epw work, running the 50 on humvees office deck jockeys fueling a-10s all so my Lt. Col could get his bird). Anyway...lol I got mad respect for you sticking it out. I Was messed up so I couldbt reup. 100% disability.

That's a long time to be in the corps man. Folks don't usually get that it's not a job. It's a lifestyle. They are up in everything. Lol after you get past the first four or five years it's much better, usually lol, but man it's still a lifestyle. Lol my first few years in I was not the best marine. Lol on top of having a closed MOS for a while enlistment. Nearly five years as a lance. Lol then a wonderful stint in OIF ( and enduring eagle to start) as a 9916. (If u don't know look it up. MOS-*****. Open mos so you got air wingers doing epw work, running the 50 on humvees office deck jockeys fueling a-10s all so my Lt. Col could get his bird). Anyway...lol I got mad respect for you sticking it out. I Was messed up so I couldbt reup. 100% disability.

Much respect to you guys! Thank you for your service! I'm 20 years Air Force retired!!

Yet another new design seen on Hulkbuster's arm. Wonder if HT will even include all of this into the final product.

16994233431_8a63b770aa_c.jpg

Back