1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THWAK?????????
Clint-Natasha-s-fight-hawkeye-and-black-widow-30888402-245-185.gif

Is King Arts really competition at this point? All the stuff they have teased looks good but they haven't established themselves yet.
If one doesn't collect 1/6, it might be competition. Looks nice, & is a little over half the price of the HT figure. Might be a selling point to some. I want it. Doesn't mean I don't want the HT as well though.

Might mean me not getting any other AoU HT figures other than Hulkbuster & Hulk, but I think I might be alright with that.

Oh wait. Might need to squeeze an SW (& maybe QS) pre order somewhere in there as well .....

We knew early on (I thought) that HT was going to "add" something.

I actually might get both HT & KA Hulkbusters! :rock

If one doesn't collect 1/6, it might be competition. Looks nice, & is a little over half the price of the HT figure. Might be a selling point to some. I want it. Doesn't mean I don't want the HT as well though.

Might mean me not getting any other AoU HT figures other than Hulkbuster & Hulk, but I think I might be alright with that.

Oh wait. Might need to squeeze an SW (& maybe QS) pre order somewhere in there as well .....
Until I see a bunch of pple with in-hand pics and detolfs full of King Arts, I don't consider them a competitor ... not saying it wont happen, it's just really early in their development.

Until I see a bunch of pple with in-hand pics and detolfs full of King Arts, I don't consider them a competitor ... not saying it wont happen, it's just really early in their development.
If KA manage to sway some from buying the HT Hulkbuster, I think that makes them competition. Maybe not a major competitor, but a competitor still.

They are the wrong scale to simply drop what I'm collecting right now. I really like what I've seen of them, & the idea of having little diecast IM armours around sounds cool to me, but it's something I think I'd collect parallel to my 1/6 collection, if I were to do so.

This is kinda how I see them:

KA seem like cool figures I'd play with, but can be displayed.

HT are cool display figures, that can be played with.

Small difference. But I know me. My HT figures get played with a bit, then a pose is chosen, then in the cabinet/detolf they go, & that's how they'll be for months. With KA, I think I can have them lying, flying, standing, on my desk, in the open air, ready for "playtime" :lol

True indeed. King Arts has potential ... but having potential and realizing it are two different things ... story of my life ha

Only time will tell.

Business is business. Whether HT planned their announcement to coincide with KA on purpose or not is irrelevant, especially to us. I've already had my head set on HT HB anyway, regardless of extra features or not. The KA one is cool, but I like my collection to be in scale with each other. I personally wouldn't want a shorter HB to a HT Hulk.

This.

Too bad Enterbay just fell off the face of the earth on superhero licensing...they had HT going for awhile with Batman and Terminator- why do you think HT even entered the 1/4 market??

Hot toys just posted on facebook that hulkbuster is getting more ****! At least the second left arm. May need to buy this now

yeah. i guess the second left arm is the extra accessory that they cant release the info previously.

Back