1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get that, I really do. But everything I own is 1/6 scale. If someone saw my HulkBuster and said "Man, I thought he was bigger in the movie." it would irritate me so bad. Part of the appeal of this figure (to me anyway) is the sheer size of the beast. 1/9 scale would diminish that quite a bit.

To each their own, but I'm sticking with the Hot Toys HulkBuster.

haha and I get that too, man. I'm only really headed in the 1/9th scale direction for Hulkbuster since I have very limited room and funds at the moment...I should probably get my own place. XD

haha and I get that too, man. I'm only really headed in the 1/9th scale direction for Hulkbuster since I have very limited room and funds at the moment...I should probably get my own place. XD

Completely understand, my friend. :) I definitely think the 1/9 scale is a great alternative. Especially for the space. Hope it's affordable since it's diecast.

Taking into consideration that kings art is diecast, would you consider their hulk buster to be in the same league as hot toys hulk buster? Or do you consider it to be a lower tier collectible? From the video, Kings art hulkbuster seems to have a slightly better proportion as compare to hot toys. What do you think?

A 1/6 Hulk with a 1/9 Hulkbuster would be a big no no for me. Them being the same size or Hulk even bigger would be such a waste of two great figures and awesome scene from the movie. The effect would be totally lost.

If KA where to comeout with a 14 - 15" Hulk it could work. I always feel like the Hot Toys Hulk is too big. Therefore if KA came out with a Hulk between 14-15" that might look real nice next to the 12" Avengers and he 1/9 16" Hulkbuster. Just a thought.

Taking into consideration that kings art is diecast, would you consider their hulk buster to be in the same league as hot toys hulk buster? Or do you consider it to be a lower tier collectible? From the video, Kings art hulkbuster seems to have a slightly better proportion as compare to hot toys. What do you think?

The King arts has worse proportions then the hot toys version. At least when compared to the movie version. The hot toys version is a lot more detailed as well

Hey gang, I'm primarily a star wars collector bit have always wanted an iron man figure in my collection. Would you say this would be THE iron man figure to get? The other option would be the 1/4 scale mk. 43(Dat Headsculpt Tho) or hold out for an eventual Die Cast IM2 War Machine? Also, do you think this figure as well as the mk. Vii bust will be around during the next tax season, as I was planning on using my next tax return for something big

If I were to choose one armour, out of all the movie armours seen onscreen, I'd choose the Hulkbuster.

Hey gang, I'm primarily a star wars collector bit have always wanted an iron man figure in my collection. Would you say this would be THE iron man figure to get? The other option would be the 1/4 scale mk. 43(Dat Headsculpt Tho) or hold out for an eventual Die Cast IM2 War Machine? Also, do you think this figure as well as the mk. Vii bust will be around during the next tax season, as I was planning on using my next tax return for something big

Hello hello welcome to the marvel parts :wave:

And I wouldn't say that this is the definitive IM suit, but probably the suit to end your IM collection if you know what I mean.

Personally the 1/4 Mk 43 would be a better bet in a definitive IM figure with that gorgeous HS.

The whole Diecast line has been sketchy and I wouldn' hold out on "eventual" releases. There's no way of knowing what HTs is planning and most fans just psych themselves out and keep telling themselves "oh it's coming, I just know it coming".

And I'm fairly certain those will be sticking around. If the bust hasn't sold out yet I can't imagine it going out anytime soon and this figure is just to pricy for most.

It's an interesting question. On one hand, the HB may very well turn out to be one of the most impressive IM suits HT has ever produced, in terms of sheer size, detail, and presence. But is it the IM figure to get, if you are looking for just one to represent and characterize the entire Iron Man movie franchise? I don't know that I would say that it would be. I think if I were truly serious about only getting one, I'd get the diecast Mark III that's coming out, because to me, this is the most iconic one.

It's an interesting question. On one hand, the HB may very well turn out to be one of the most impressive IM suits HT has ever produced, in terms of sheer size, detail, and presence. But is it the IM figure to get, if you are looking for just one to represent and characterize the entire Iron Man movie franchise? I don't know that I would say that it would be. I think if I were truly serious about only getting one, I'd get the diecast Mark III that's coming out, because to me, this is the most iconic one.

Gotta agree with you on this.

Of the five movies we've seen Tony suit up so far, the Mark III to me stood out the most. Maybe its because the first two acts of Iron Man (2008) feature stepping stones to that perfected armor (Mark I & II) but whenever I think Iron Man I think of the Mark III.

My list of armors from most memorable to least memorable:

1. Mark III
2. Mark I
3. Hulkbuster
4. Mark V
5. Mark II
6. Mark VI
7. Mark 45
8. Mark VII
9. Mark 43
10. Every armor in Iron Man 3 felt completely forgettable to me. Nothing stood out.

Gotta agree with you on this.

Of the five movies we've seen Tony suit up so far, the Mark III to me stood out the most. Maybe its because the first two acts of Iron Man (2008) feature stepping stones to that perfected armor (Mark I & II) but whenever I think Iron Man I think of the Mark III.

My list of armors from most memorable to least memorable:

1. Mark III
2. Mark I
3. Hulkbuster
4. Mark V
5. Mark II
6. Mark VI
7. Mark 45
8. Mark VII
9. Mark 43
10. Every armor in Iron Man 3 felt completely forgettable to me. Nothing stood out.

Interesting list. I would agree with most of those rankings, especially putting the III on top, but I definitely would not tank the VII so low

Interesting list. I would agree with most of those rankings, especially putting the III on top, but I definitely would not tank the VII so low

I really hope whatever he ends up wearing in Civil War makes my top 5. I want that armor to be truly memorable, same goes for his suit(s) in Infinity Wars.

I really hope whatever he ends up wearing in Civil War makes my top 5. I want that armor to be truly memorable, same goes for his suit(s) in Infinity Wars.

Yeah I can't wait to see that armor, if the concept art shown a while back is official then I think I'm gonna like the MK46
He may need to step up the suits capabilities for Infinity Wars, so that should be interesting to see

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm mainly a Star Wars guy, but the HB has finally brought me to the "dark side" of HT collecting after many years admiring all of HT offerings. :)

I think the HB figure will be awesome. With the popularity of the film and this armor along with the sheer size of this thing I think it's gonna hold it's value well too.

I also love that this can be displayed alone and look like a high-end movie maquette, and not just a "toy."

** For the record, I also just pre-ordered the Mark 43 1/4 figure. How to pass this up?! I think it's killer. The 1:4 line has been screaming my name for a couple years. Have you seen the HT Boba Fett figure?! Also amazing.

Finally, I wanted one 1:6 figure to display with the HB armor to show the scale. So I went ahead and ordered the Mark III die-cast armor as well. This is my favorite armor of them all. Classic from the first film.

Now go spend some money!:lol

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm mainly a Star Wars guy, but the HB has finally brought me to the "dark side" of HT collecting after many years admiring all of HT offerings. :)

I think the HB figure will be awesome. With the popularity of the film and this armor along with the sheer size of this thing I think it's gonna hold it's value well too.

I also love that this can be displayed alone and look like a high-end movie maquette, and not just a "toy."

** For the record, I also just pre-ordered the Mark 43 1/4 figure. How to pass this up?! I think it's killer. The 1:4 line has been screaming my name for a couple years. Have you seen the HT Boba Fett figure?! Also amazing.

Finally, I wanted one 1:6 figure to display with the HB armor to show the scale. So I went ahead and ordered the Mark III die-cast armor as well. This is my favorite armor of them all. Classic from the first film.

Now go spend some money!:lol

Nice, if I can get a job with a place that I applied for, I should have some more money coming in, so I will have money to spend. I think I'm going to go with the HB and MK3, and if he's around get the 1/4 mk XLV after I catch up on the eventual 1/6th Force Awakens figures

being how inaccurate sometimes HT gets when providing measurements, i guess i have to wait for in hand info till i could built a display cabinet.

on a great note. i have more than a year to safe for a custom cabinet or just buying more toys. :slap

They're teasing the added details finally

7d29dcca0197f332a7224a1ee028140f.jpg

About time. Curious to see if they'll be adding in the "Hulk Arm Grab" feature along side the replacement arm.

After the launch of Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron, fans are in awe to see how the attention-grabbing Iron Man Hulkbuster has made his entrance along with all the details and many amazing features on the armor.

Hot Toys has always aspire to create collectibles with incredible amount of details and don’t settle for less. Soon you will be able to see what more we have in store for this gigantic armor!

Stay tuned!

Back