1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A 4-5% discount would be negligible. But being able to save that discount up over time and get $$$ off of one figure is pretty sweet. I know I'm sitting at about $450 in RP right now. It'll be nice to buy a whole figure using just RP.

Again..people need to stop acting like their life and experience is somehow the same that everyone has. It's fantastic to have a local comic shop where it's cheaper. I don't. And neither do a large portion of the people that collect these. And some people can't make it to the comic shop to order these if they are popular and sell out. You also don't factor in time, (my time is worth money) or gas.

I have to buy online. And when shipping is factored in sideshow is usually within 5-10 bucks (if more then anyone else). With the points/rewards it's cheaper. So if I'm spending the same on the figure why exactly would I go with another store that doesn't offer flex and doesn't give points. It's not psychological benefit, it is in fact actual benefit. It's not a loan. And it does equate to a free figure essentially. Just becuase you don't understand it or other people's perspective doesn't make it not true.

:clap:clap:clap

I understand opportunity costs and whatnot. I am just saying you could probably do better if you asked to meet the owner of your local comic shop and see if he will become a SSC reseller and negotiate a discount deal. I will save over $150 dollars (zero deposit) buying my Hulkbuster vs going direct with SSC. I don't think SSC offers anything that can outweigh this for me.

If what SSC offers you directly is better for you, then go for it. I enjoy going to my LCS, but I guess I could calculate the cost of my time, mileage on my car, and gasoline. So there are tons of factors.

I just think the points are silly. If you think you are getting anything for free from points, you're wrong. You paid for it already. I guess I am looking behind the curtain to see the real Oz. Some people don't want to look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think you realize how unique your situation is. For those of us that have to order the products online, the points are an actual benefit - nothing behind the curtain. If I can find the item cheaper elsewhere, I definitely do that (snagged Roadblock, General Zod, and Storm Shadow from GoHastings for about $300 total). However, for more popular items where prices are usually around retail and sideshow's price are equivalent to other places - the reward points are definitely a bonus for me.

I understand opportunity costs and whatnot. I am just saying you could probably do better if you asked to meet the owner of your local comic shop and see if he will become a SSC reseller and negotiate a discount deal. I will save over $150 dollars (zero deposit) buying my Hulkbuster vs going direct with SSC. I don't think SSC offers anything that can outweigh this for me.

If what SSC offers you directly is better for you, then go for it. I enjoy going to my LCS, but I guess I could calculate the cost of my time, mileage on my car, and gasoline. So there are tons of factors.

I just think the points are silly. If you think you are getting anything for free from points, you're wrong. You paid for it already. I guess I am looking behind the curtain to see the real Oz. Some people don't want to look.

So what would you do if you did NOT have a local comic shop that works with you?

This post really annoyed me for some reason. You definitely feel entitled, don't you? Here's a thought. What if my comic book shop doesn't want to sell HT figures and become an SSC reseller? Is that even possible in your head? Or are we all given the same world as you, and are just lying to ourselves?

Listen, I'm glad you have it figured out in your world. But to undermine people's thoughts just because you have a different situation makes you come off as arrogant at best. We can't all have the luxury of having an SSC reseller through a local comic book store. Online is a LOT of people's only option. Yet you treat our situation and opinions on reward points as fiction at best? Give me a break.

I'm happy for your situation. Truly. Congrats. However, others aren't so fortunate. Crazy right? I know.

giphy.gif

Who knew other people's buying options could be different from yours. Maybe you should try opening your eyes a little before placing your hands on your keyboard. Might help you out a little in the future.

I think you also have to be a frequent buyer and know the person. Also some shops don't want to become a retailer if they don't get a lot of orders for HT. I went to the same shop as Grimlock but he was going to sell it to me for retail. So I just ordered from Underground Figures.

This post really annoyed me for some reason. You definitely feel entitled, don't you? Here's a thought. What if my comic book shop doesn't want to sell HT figures and become an SSC reseller? Is that even possible in your head? Or are we all given the same world as you, and are just lying to ourselves?

Listen, I'm glad you have it figured out in your world. But to undermine people's thoughts just because you have a different situation makes you come off as arrogant at best. We can't all have the luxury of having an SSC reseller through a local comic book store. Online is a LOT of people's only option. Yet you treat our situation and opinions on reward points as fiction at best? Give me a break.

I'm happy for your situation. Truly. Congrats. However, others aren't so fortunate. Crazy right? I know.

giphy.gif

Who knew other people's buying options could be different from yours. Maybe you should try opening your eyes a little before placing your hands on your keyboard. Might help you out a little in the future.
I approve this post

I know the owner of my local comic shop. He tried selling hot toys and statues a few years back. The shop lost money on it becuase there's not a big enough market. And even if that wasn't the case, I don't feel the need nor see the point in telling another business what stock to carry becuase I want something. If they thought they could make money on it they would.

Again...you act like I don't understand how his works and you have some scam figured out. Problem is, you don't actually have it figured out. First, you mentioned the deposit like that somehow adds to the cost. If you pay a deposit it comes off the total cost. I also find it hard to believe your local comic shop is selling it for lower then it costs from sideshow. 150 less is lower then they paid for it. Let me know the name of the comic shop and the city where it is in if that's the case. I'll order a few. I think maybe your math is off.

But let's say for arguments sake that is the case. Awesome for you. But that changes squat for people like me. The cost online from sideshow to BBTS and half a dozen other places is +/- 30 bucks. Sideshow is cheaper then some. A few bucks more then others. So it averages out to ssc costing me the same as anywhere else. So if that's the case, explain to me how the rewards points are not free? If I pay 825 at ssc and 825 at online store X...but at sideshow I get rewards points I don't see how your case holds water.

If the product costs are fairly equal (and I get way better customer service and a replacement of its messed up, see how that goes over at LCS with a 650 dollar(that's what it would need to be to be 150 cheaper)...go in and ask them for a replacement head and see how that goes..)anyway..if the costs are about the same when you factor shipping and taxes and all that in..the rewards points are a freebie. There's no built in, hidden, small print costs. There's no wizard behind the curtain. Again..you just don't seem to get it.

I would be buying at sideshow anyway. Between flex and their customer service it's worth a few extra bucks, if that is the case which often it's not. If there are any issues I can call in and get if fixed super fast, no problems. That's worth it by itself.

So please stop acting like you've got it all figured out. You don't know anything more then I, or most others do. It seems you may not even understand half of what you do know. I don't pay for the rewards points. They are just an extra I enjoy. You say you got 150 off HB...if I used all my points (and again, I was going to be shopping at ssc anyway becuase I have no local seller and they are the best online option) I would have not paid 150 total for it. So I would have saved 600. Seems I would have the better deal. Others here have got anywhere from 20 bucks to the HB free. But sure...your the only one that's got it figured out

giphy.gif

:clap:clap:clap

I don't even have a comic book store in a 200 mile radius of where I live thank you very much for saying what needs to be said.

The fact is the point system, you don't lose money on it, I have no idea how that would work.

...I would be buying at sideshow anyway. Between flex and their customer service it's worth a few extra bucks, if that is the case which often it's not. If there are any issues I can call in and get if fixed super fast, no problems. That's worth it by itself...
Yep, that's the case with me, too, even being in Canada. For some things it definitely makes sense to buy domestically but for others I'm happy to buy from Sideshow direct. There's a lot of good reasons to buy from them even with LCS choices nearby, but I'm not going to reiterate them all.

Last edited:
I.....I just think the points are silly. If you think you are getting anything for free from points, you're wrong. You paid for it already. I guess I am looking behind the curtain to see the real Oz. Some people don't want to look.

This makes no sense at all.

If you buy figures from SSC when they are discounted most of the time they are competitive with the lowest prices in the current market.

And that is before you subtract the value of the points.

You're acting like the figure is $300 but if they didn't have the points it would be $280

Back to hulkbuster!

Why is the extra hand or accessory/ies yet to be shown. They teased it so long ago... I need to know!!!

Here here...still way too much chatter about justifying the purchase, waiting for points, selling out before release, etc. When are they gonna make good on the teaser?!

Back