1/6 Hot Toys - MMS288 - Avengers: AoU - Black Widow Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, don't get me wrong, I am in for this Widow as well provided they do not get ridiculous with the price. I need a Widow for my Avengers setup.

I don't like Gamora's hair at all. I was disappointed in it. I know you can style it and try to "fix it" but it should look decent out of the box. I think it's because it's long hair. And I've seen some custom Bucky's with hair and I personally like the sculpted better.

the best looking Bucky(Winter Soldier lol spoilers) figure I seen didnt have the sculpted hair

I agree that sculpted hair would look weird on this figure. It worked for Thor, Loki, Winter Soldier, etc. but I don't think it would look well on Black Widow, Gamora or Catwoman.

Face still doesn't look right for Scarjo. Lets see - how many Tony Stark sculpts did they have to go through before they got Downey right?

And I got asked once why I seem to think that Yulli and KoJun are overrated. I praise Yulli's work on BD Robocop and Burt Ward Robin, but she's tried too many times on ScarJo and Arnie and Ledger that I think HT should let their other sculptors their their hands at it. Same with KoJun -- DX Jack Sparrow is one of the best HTs ever, but man, time to give RDJ likeness to other sculptors.

Hot Toys-Secret Base published these two pictures on their FB page an hour ago

View attachment 173478

At first I thought the suit has fabric parts like the WS version. This photo shows it's rubber/vinyl like Selina Kyle and Avengers 1 BW.

htwidows.jpg

Based on the pictures I made above, I think the Avengers figure's face sculpt is the closest to Scarlet Johansson. I know the AOU picture I have is not th ebest but is the only one with that clarity I could find. The AOU face sculpt just looks nothing like Johansson IMHO, it looks like a generic red headed woman.

There's a video review posted. I can't watch because of issues with my work PC but might be worth checking out for the suit detail.

View attachment 173488

Based on the pictures I made above, I think the Avengers figure's face sculpt is the closest to Scarlet Johansson. I know the AOU picture I have is not th ebest but is the only one with that clarity I could find. The AOU face sculpt just looks nothing like Johansson IMHO, it looks like a generic red headed woman.

Yep, face sculpt is off and the hair is way too orange.

Price is about 10 bucks more than AoU Cap. Hmm. Where I'm from anyway. In Asia.

This'll land at $209.99 because of the accessories and AoU part of it! No way it'll hit $234.99. That's Infinity Wars tax...and even then I'm sure most of us are hoping that's not the case! :lol

The color is always going to be iffy because then you see a photo like this and it's 100% different than the other photo posted

avengers-age-of-ultron-official-04.jpg

There's a video review posted. I can't watch because of issues with my work PC but might be worth checking out for the suit detail.

Most of those are simply reviews of the announcements, and they just show the pictures that have been posted in this thread already. I'm sure a Secret Base video will pop up in the next few days though!

Yep, face sculpt is off and the hair is way too orange.

I am sure the hair color is just off from it being a picture.... but it is the EYES that do it for me. The AOU eyes are nothing like Johansson's

Back