1/6 Hot Toys - MMS288 - Avengers: AoU - Black Widow Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I was hoping Secret Base would put up some pics! Personally, I think the sculpt and paint are great. The hair is the problem for me, and it's even worse here. It looks ratty, flat, wet and cut at various lengths. If the hair gets fixed (which, let's face it, is a pretty easy fix) then I very well may jump on this.

I was hoping Secret Base would put up some pics! Personally, I think the sculpt and paint are great. The hair is the problem for me, and it's even worse here. It looks ratty, flat, wet and cut at various lengths. If the hair gets fixed (which, let's face it, is a pretty easy fix) then I very well may jump on this.

Head Painted by JC. Hong <<<<<<<<< :dunno the hell happened :ohbfrank:

I forgot about Bucky. Hell we can add all the versions of Heath Joker and Loki. All have sculpted hair that is the same or longer length than Widow. I wonder if it is a cost thing?

I doubt it's a cost thing. I'm sure it has more to do with the look. You couldn't have this type of hair on a male figure, as that'd look to...poofy, or just flat out bizarre. I mean, you could, but it wouldn't work 99% of the time. When done right it adds a lot to the female look, as can be seen by a lot of past Hot Toys female figures.

Catwoman came out great with her hair once the mask is on, and she would look a lot more rigid and hard with sculpted hair. Whereas Thor looks superb with sculpted hair, and would look odd with hair that needs to be combed. :lol

I'm getting her either way. If they fix the hair and tweak the sculpt it's a plus, but won't change my mind.

Bring on the PO...

and its style-able too..... like for poses and stuff

I'm so mixed on sculpted hair. I think it looks good, but I think "real" hair can look good too if done right.

I think I would prefer real hair but Hot Toys seems to be struggling a bit with it lately. I mean Gamora's hair did not look good in TheReviewerKing's video. I don't think the hair on this widow looks bad but it is a little off

I think I would prefer real hair but Hot Toys seems to be struggling a bit with it lately. I mean Gamora's hair did not look good in TheReviewerKing's video. I don't think the hair on this widow looks bad but it is a little off

I agree..... that could have been better. Its very cheap looking too and very frayed. I really have no preference as long as it looks good. Thats the main thing for me

I don't like Gamora's hair at all. I was disappointed in it. I know you can style it and try to "fix it" but it should look decent out of the box. I think it's because it's long hair. And I've seen some custom Bucky's with hair and I personally like the sculpted better.

Back