1/6 Hot Toys - MMS288 - Avengers: AoU - Black Widow Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:hi5: :yess:

If this is the BW CA:TWS head sculpt with new paint app, I'm kinda surprised. I really like my BW WS figure. I think it's a great sculpt of ScarJo.

The only thing that throws me off is the "wet" hair look. :lol

:exactly:

I think the paint looks great, but the hair is a mess. It's unfortunate, as it doesn't really make much sense as to why they couldn't have perfected the hair. I mean, it's just the hair! It should've been a pretty easy thing for them to play with for even a few days in order to make it perfect for PO photos. Just bizarre...

With the Canadian dollar being so crap right now, I have to pre-order in advance locally, so if it doesn't click with me soon I'll probably just hold out for Civil War or Infinity Wars.

They got the wrong idea on that..... it shouldn't look wet at all

Agreed. :slap

There ya go! I agree the new accessories are much appreciated

I love the new uniform and the accessories. :rock

at least the hair is right on that one.... or looks better than this one anyway

Yup, hence why I'll switch out the sculpts if it arrives looking like doo doo. :lol

:exactly:

I think the paint looks great, but the hair is a mess. It's unfortunate, as it doesn't really make much sense as to why they couldn't have perfected the hair. I mean, it's just the hair! It should've been a pretty easy thing for them to play with for even a few days in order to make it perfect for PO photos. Just bizarre...

With the Canadian dollar being so crap right now, I have to pre-order in advance locally, so if it doesn't click with me soon I'll probably just hold out for Civil War or Infinity Wars.

Totally agree, why can't they futz with the hair a bit before snapping pics? :huh

Ok found the promo images online and this is a real disappointment for me.

I'll no get slated for this next bit, but so be it: I thought the Capt 2 version was just awful, sculpt was bad and far to dead behind the eyes.

Put off buying it on the hope that the Avengers 2 variant resolve at the very least the sculpt. So yeah, I have to say I was quietly looking forward to this one as the first Avengers was almost a perfect release, so when I saw they reverted back to the short hair I figured it would be a chance to improve upon that sculpt and move away from that ridiculous Capt sculpt.

Alas!
Once again it seems to be another Black Widow Hot Toys couldn't quite get right - they really struggle with ScarJo it would seem. :slap

As has already been noted the hair is so bad, I have no idea what the hell they were thinking, but atop of that the sculpt is sadly really 'odd' (again!) - Perhaps the hair could be fixed somewhat with hair products and so forth, but that sculpt is just rubbish.

If I can pick up the suit at some point, maybe with the body, I'll pair this with the avengers one sculpt.

Didn't notice this thread, and kinda vented a little on the budget stark video thread, as I was really looking forward to this release. I had high hopes and oh how they have been well and truly quashed :lol

Such a disappointing release! :mad: :gah:
- I will look to pick up that suit via the eBay's or maybe on here.

Totally agree, why can't they futz with the hair a bit before snapping pics? :huh

Yeah, it would not only flatter the head sculpt more, but it'd also shed away any concerns about the hair just not working this time out. It seems to be more crimped this time, a bit more wavy than Winter Soldier, so why not make it look as good as you can so that those considering purchasing it will get the whole picture?

Putting it out like this makes it seem like even those who created it can't fix the hair properly, so what chance do we have? I'm sure that's a slight exaggeration; but it's such an easy fix. Between the Toy Show a few months ago, the reveal pics, and now the Secret Base pictures, we've yet to see one set that showed the hair as anything but sloppy... it's baffling that they didn't have someone do it each time, let alone even once!

John-Krasinski.gif

Back