1/6 Hot Toys - MMS288 - Avengers: AoU - Black Widow Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joking aside, me too!
- I felt Josh and co nailed it.

It's unlikely but I just hope they can give her a head band. It's silly I know, but it would make my year if she ends CW with a modern twist like we saw in AoU and a head band and a power house (as she should be).

The SW outfit isn't very practical.....:lol

It looks like an evening gown over tights, like something she would wear to an Avengers society dinner or the like, not in a battle situation. Definitely not a fan of adapting that to film.

frenchfries.gif

Obviously you're both wrong.

Clearly we are not.

:monkey3

Each to their own of course :D

I have always considered SW more of a distance fighter, that is to say she's not really a close combat BW style fighter.

I'd like something like this for BW:

black_widow_by_peter_luke-d61ir3b.jpg

Given that I /expect/ CW to take place in Urban / City settings I'd like to see the grey BW costume make an appearance.
- Something as pictured above, minus the heels (and some tweeks here and there).

Just because she's more of a distance fighter, doesn't mean it would work for her to show up in an Oscar style evening gown (not to mention in the case of that drawing with her breasts falling out of the top).

Also, I imagine they might teach her how to fight to some extent/and to use her powers while fighting. A longer jacket/cloak later on would work to give her more of a "standout, out there" costume that would move better and still have a more practical feel than a body hugging evening gown.

Elizabeth Olsen's performance as SW was amazing, and I would rather they do better by her and the character than that.

Last edited:
:monkey3

Each to their own of course :D

I have always considered SW more of a distance fighter, that is to say she's not really a close combat BW style fighter.

I'd like something like this for BW:

Given that I /expect/ CW to take place in Urban / City settings I'd like to see the grey BW costume make an appearance.
- Something as pictured above, minus the heels (and some tweeks here and there).

First pic isn't bad at all. I'd be ok with that

Just because she's more of a distance fighter, doesn't mean it would work for her to show up in an Oscar style evening gown (not to mention in the case of that drawing with her breasts falling out of the top).

Elizabeth Olsen's performance as SW was amazing, and I would rather they do better by her and the character than that.

:goodpost: :exactly:

I don't dislike a gray suit for Widow (the first pic above is kinda neat), but I think the black is infinitely more fitting of her moniker.

Tough crowd. :/
- Yes, the angle chosen by that Artist pushes out her breasts, as often can be the case with comic illustrations.

Another 'shot':

Wanda_Maximoff_%28Earth-616%29_by_Asrar_001.jpg

Another rendering:

Store_ScarletWitch_MarvelNOW.png

Now Baring in mind a lot of us grew up with:

sw-banner.jpg

That was /never/ going to happen. It would definitely have been a poor costume choice, but nether of the alternate images of the suit in question are cheapening of Olsen's character.

Guys I loved the Olsen performance - I felt she stole the show so I want her in a suitable costume as much as the next, and that for me would be something I would be more then happy with in the not to distant future when she is more sure of herself and effectively has become an integral part of the team.

It's classy and befitting of a strong character like SW.

Looks a little over the top for me. I think that's why they also got rid of Thor's helmet. It's not that practical to wear during a battle and I don't think that crown will be too practical for SW.

I don't think I'd wanna be fighting wearing a dress that looks like something JLo would be wearing to the Grammy's lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks a little over the top for me. I think that's why they also got rid of Thor's helmet. It's not that practical to wear during a battle and I don't think that crown will be too practical for SW.

I don't think I'd wanna be fighting wearing a dress that looks like something JLo would be wearing to the Grammy's lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Or the Golden Globes ... where Jeremy Renner told JLo it looked like she brought the globes muhahaha

Tough crowd. :/
- Yes, the angle chosen by that Artist pushes out her breasts, as often can be the case with comic illustrations.

Another 'shot':

Wanda_Maximoff_%28Earth-616%29_by_Asrar_001.jpg

I think that's the best shot of the outfit. I didn't read Uncanny Avengers (for many reasons), so I didn't see how the costume moved. It's not as tight as it looks, and I like that it flaps open like a jacket so it's not so movement-restricting. I'm more concerned about the length of it (for practical reasons), but if Thor gets away with a cape, then I think SW can have her dress flaps.

As for Widow, our resident tipster (who hinted at other CW designs) suggested that her CW outfit is similar to the Avengers one. But who knows, she may have an alternate similar to the gray outfit. It's the 90s comic fan in me, but if she does get that, I hope she also has a leather jacket on top of that.

I think that's the best shot of the outfit. I didn't read Uncanny Avengers (for many reasons), so I didn't see how the costume moved. It's not as tight as it looks, and I like that it flaps open like a jacket so it's not so movement-restricting. I'm more concerned about the length of it (for practical reasons), but if Thor gets away with a cape, then I think SW can have her dress flaps.

Indeed!

I do fully accept that in certain shots it certainly looks more restrictive then it actually is and therefore has been likened to a Oscar outfit :rolleyes2 :lol but I don't think it's anywhere near that obstructive for her.
- I do feel the main thing to point out here is that I wanted to use it as a guideline.

While it is one of my personal all time SW favorites, if it was ever chosen then make no mistake I would fully expect to see tweeks, one being the length which as you say for practical reasons could be reined in a little which I would be fine with.

So with the right designer I could see this working really well as future costume as apposed to something immediately following AoU.
- She's still young and for me it's not something I expect to see straight away. But the inner SW fan in me would love something close to that as a future outfit when she's had a chance to find her way in the MCU.

A final form if you will :lol

As for Widow, our resident tipster (who hinted at other CW designs) suggested that her CW outfit is similar to the Avengers one. But who knows, she may have an alternate similar to the gray outfit. It's the 90s comic fan in me, but if she does get that, I hope she also has a leather jacket on top of that.

I fully expect to see a toned down, version of AoU. Given the absence of Hulk and sailing close to the wind in AoU, I imagine a less ostentatious BW suit. I'd just love if if someone part of the decision process says, hey how about we go with this *pointing to the grey suit* heh.

Aw yeah man, I think the Jacket idea would be a very nice touch if it ever came to fruition!

Back