1/6 Hot Toys - MMS297 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure how anyone could complain about this figure. Nothing but hate and nitpicking in every thread for Hot Toys Star Wars thus far. Honestly every figure from Hot Toys has been great, including this one.

Red 5 won't have those eyes. They're being abandoned for now, and hopefully forever.

Awesome! That's excellent news. I'm glad they either listened to fans or realized it was a problem themselves. Very much looking forward to what future releases look like. I'm a bit skeptical that the Luke sculpt will turn out like that awesome proto, but I'm feel confident it will be a very good sculpt. I remember the Deluxe Vader reveal head was pretty good. Far better than those early Sideshow sculpts. It's just a pity Drake and Snake had to suffer from it.

Last edited:
I love HT"..........however here are my thoughts for what they are worth regarding a few of the SW figures

Sand trooper........no,issues love it preordere
ANH Luke: nice looking but don't care for the film as much as the others so pass
Leia: I don't buy girl figures so pass
Kenobi: looks good but a solid custom of the SS version is more accurate. HT looks too young and skinny.....pass
Solo: nice figure but to me doesn't look enough like Han so pass
Chewbacca: looks great but I don't trust the hair not to fall out in a couple years. If HT has rubber issues.....hair....week...pass
Stormtrooper: very cool bought one

To each his or her own, but when I am spending this kind of money on toys......I have to like them enough, I don't settle at this price point..

They could have at least made it as light as their newest Rogers figure.

KvDlAUG.jpg

Not a deal breaker it's just crazy that they make the hair on their figures perpetually too dark. Who's sitting over there going "okay, lets start painting up the blonde Luke proto! Pass me the dark brown paint please..."

:lol

So true!

Just because they are showing this figure with the ESB saber, does not mean that this is the one that will be released with the figure. They have plenty of time to do the correct ANH one.

Remember that time when they showed Iron Man with Thor's Hammer and Captain America's shield?

Not sure how anyone could complain about this figure. Nothing but hate and nitpicking in every thread for Hot Toys Star Wars thus far. Honestly every figure from Hot Toys has been great, including this one.

I agree that this Luke Skywalker is great. Their recently released Alex Murphy/Damaged Robocop is fantastic.

I don't think their Han Solo looks very good though, or their Keaton Bruce Wayne, or Vision, or Crane. We know they can do better, we've seen them do it.

And I thought this was a myth. I guess toy companies are right. Males, no matter what age, are reluctant to buy female figures for some bizarre reason.

Yeah, but this is someone that also said he doesn't like ANH as much as other SW movies... wtf does that even mean :lol :huh

I'll definitely buy Leia and I really hope we see a ESB Hoth/Falcon version. Don't reall care about any of the fancy dress versions, but those would be great. And I've already got Boushh for my Jabba display.

Okay, I'm impressed.

This will be my first and only Star Wars Hot Toys figure. If there's one character/figure that represents the Original Trilogy, it's Farmboy Luke. This one blows the Han Solo, Chewbacca, Ben Kenobi and Vader releases away. I love how he comes with everything from the film (besides Stormtrooper armor, the pilot gear and Ceremonial duds from the end of the film of course).

My only gripe is the hair. It needs to be lighter. This is way too dark. Other than that, I really dig him. These two are my favorite shots,

Agreed all the way around. I dig this one a lot. I can actually start coming back to the Star Wars section now. [emoji38] Its idealized but that's Hot Toys thing and for the most part I don't have a problem with it.

Q
And I thought this was a myth. I guess toy companies are right. Males, no matter what age, are reluctant to buy female figures for some bizarre reason.

I was like this as a kid. Didn't play with or buy female figures unless they were villains or the costumed/supervillain variety. I had one Leia and that was the one in Bounty Hunter disguise. I always thought a slave Leia would be cool (duh), but those didn't exist when I was a kid. Not sure if I would have gotten one though.

Even now I can count all the female figures I have on two hands. I've never kept a female Hot Toys or 1/6 figure. I had the Sarah Connor w/Exclusive T-1000 head, took the T-1000 head then sold Sarah by herself. I bought the TDKR Catwoman, kept the exclusive Batman cowl and sold off Catwoman. The only female figures I have are two or three Hasbro Leia figures from their Vintage anniversary lines, a few Kenner/Hasbro Batman villains, and a few 6"-7" figures from various lines.

The only female figures I plan to buy in the future, and keep, is the upcoming 7" Sarah Connor, Ripley, Hot Toys Ripley (maybe) and Batman Returns Catwoman if Hot Toys or another company ever get to her.

No rules in the kitchen, no rules in the bedroom, no rules in toy collecting. That's how I roll.

Yeah, but this is someone that also said he doesn't like ANH as much as other SW movies... wtf does that even mean :lol :huh

I'll definitely buy Leia and I really hope we see a ESB Hoth/Falcon version. Don't reall care about any of the fancy dress versions, but those would be great. And I've already got Boushh for my Jabba display.

Means I don't like it as much as the other two. :lecture

Not slamming anyone who does, I just don't care to have female figures in my collection. I am not a completist so the need to have every main character doesn't apply to me.

I only buy the figures to characters I really dig. Leia was not a character I cared too much about, and if she was couldn't bring myself to buy a girl figure. Just my personal preference. Hats off to those that feel differently.

ohman... he looks pretty great! a really light dry brushing of a lighter hair colour, and bam!!! but the saber... I need it to be the right one!!!! NEED!!!!!!
please Hot Toys... PLEASE!!!!!

Back