1/6 Hot Toys - MMS297 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Q

I was like this as a kid. Didn't play with or buy female figures unless they were villains or the costumed/supervillain variety. I had one Leia and that was the one in Bounty Hunter disguise. I always thought a slave Leia would be cool (duh), but those didn't exist when I was a kid. Not sure if I would have gotten one though.

Even now I can count all the female figures I have on two hands. I've never kept a female Hot Toys or 1/6 figure. I had the Sarah Connor w/Exclusive T-1000 head, took the T-1000 head then sold Sarah by herself. I bought the TDKR Catwoman, kept the exclusive Batman cowl and sold off Catwoman. The only female figures I have are two or three Hasbro Leia figures from their Vintage anniversary lines, a few Kenner/Hasbro Batman villains, and a few 6"-7" figures from various lines.

The only female figures I plan to buy in the future, and keep, is the upcoming 7" Sarah Connor, Ripley, Hot Toys Ripley (maybe) and Batman Returns Catwoman if Hot Toys or another company ever get to her.

I don't go out of my way to buy female figures but if there's a female figure in a line that I'm collecting then it's getting bought. I'm not going to exclude it because it's a female figure.

Sideshow is busy trying to figure out how much they want to mark up the price....
:lol This is exactly what I thought yesterday. They must be thinking "Hmm it SHOULD be around $230 but then it makes our Luke figure overpriced! Let's just mark it up to $280."

If it's crazy expensive, we buy from someone who doesn't source from Sideshow. ;) And forgo the exclusive... :panic:

Am I the only one that would buy his Landspeeder in 1/6 scale? I think even without Ben and the droids, that would make for an awesome addition for this figure. That was one of my favorite vehicles to play with when I was a kid. It'd be a cool way to replicate the original opening.

Pff, everyone would buy that! Ok, not everyone, but it would probably sell better than the Delorean. I'd love one personally, but I don't want a $600 HT version.

With new Luke and Ben now up, I expect the long-confirmed SSC Landspeeder to be up for PO in the next few months before TFA madness sets in. Just like with SSC Han Hoth, I will be the first person in the world to place a PO.

No 1/6 Landspeeder for me.

Just opens the flood gate for Snowspeeder. Then X-wing. Then Rancor. Then Bantha. Then Space Slug.

You delete this comment right now. You know you don't mean it.:lol

Not sure how anyone could complain about this figure. Nothing but hate and nitpicking in every thread for Hot Toys Star Wars thus far. Honestly every figure from Hot Toys has been great, including this one.

Well, there's also a lot complaining about the complaining.:lol

I don't think their Han Solo looks very good though, or their Keaton Bruce Wayne, or Vision, or Crane. We know they can do better, we've seen them do it.

It's only May, but I believe that is the understatement of the year.

Yeah, but this is someone that also said he doesn't like ANH as much as other SW movies... wtf does that even mean :lol :huh

Eh... ANH started it all I know, but it looks a little drab and clunky at times, so I can see what he means. For me ESB and Jabba was where SW hit high gear. Though I still like all the characters, it's not a movie I enjoy watching over and over (which I can with ESB and Jabba) even though it has a lot of cool stuff in it - if that makes any sense.:lol

Leia was not a character I cared too much about, and if she was couldn't bring myself to buy a girl figure. Just my personal preference. Hats off to those that feel differently.

Yeah, I found her to be pretty irritating and in ANH wears a white curtain (exciting figure for display there...) but the completist in me needs to get her even though I never felt the need to get the old SSC one.

The Marty McFly sculpt was bad and now this!
I didn't know David Cassidy was in Star Wars!

I always thought Luke looked like Shaun C.

:lol This is exactly what I thought yesterday. They must be thinking "Hmm it SHOULD be around $230 but then it makes our Luke figure overpriced! Let's just mark it up to $280."

Yeah, the time has come for SSC to face the music with their truly bizarre and outrageous pricing of Luke X-Wing. Even now, so many months later, it still seems insane. So yeah... hmm... "how SHOULD we price a better 1/6 Luke that comes with more stuff...":lol

And I thought this was a myth. I guess toy companies are right. Males, no matter what age, are reluctant to buy female figures for some bizarre reason.

I definitely veered towards male figures as a kid, but right now, I'm almost the opposite. I'm not going out of my way to buy female figures if I don't like the character though. I'm just more interested in female characters than before. I recently bought a HT Batman to display with my HT Selina, but despite loving the Nolan movies (and Christian Bale), I just don't have any interest in keeping the Batman figure. Selina, on the other hand, I love. And I couldn't care less about Batman or Superman in the new movies, but I am really excited to see what they do with Wonder Woman.

Yeah, but this is someone that also said he doesn't like ANH as much as other SW movies... wtf does that even mean :lol :huh

I'll definitely buy Leia and I really hope we see a ESB Hoth/Falcon version. Don't reall care about any of the fancy dress versions, but those would be great. And I've already got Boushh for my Jabba display.

I'm not a big fan of her ANH outfit, but I would definitely buy an ESB Leia with the white jumpsuit.

Back