1/6 Hot Toys - MMS297 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's why you order early:

1. You absolutely want the figure.
2. You absolutely want the exclusive version.
3. You don't want to waste time/money finding the exclusive on the after market.
4. You couldn't give a rats #$$ about saving $20 on any 1 particular figure, especially one that you absolutely want (see #1 and #2).

It ain't rocket science.

:lecture

I wouldn't be surprised if it goes on waitlist within 2 months and then the coupon can't be used anyway.

It'll probably be waitlisted so that it isn't coupon or discount eligible.

Also, when it finally ships next year, the shipping price will be jacked to $18-$25.

No doubt... this has to be a touch embarassing for Sideshow. X-Wing Luke is a pretty great looking figure... but he was easily $40 overpriced, if not more like $60. Then to have a fully loaded figure like this come out months later and for less is pretty funny.

Here's why you order early:

3. You don't want to waste time/money finding the exclusive on the after market.
4. You couldn't give a rats #$$ about saving $20 on any 1 particular figure, especially one that you absolutely want (see #1 and #2).

It ain't rocket science.
:lol :lol :lol

Ah, the sweet smell of NRD.

#1 and 3 apply to me and I'll take the exclusive given the choice between the two, but I won't order it until later. I've never had anything I've wanted sell out before purchasing it. Things I became interested in a little while after they sold out I've been able to get at the same or lower price. Things that were sold out years before.. I've done pretty good there too.

The exclusive is Sideshow's signature, it would be pretty pointless to have it sell out months before the figure is available. Collecting is about patience and perseverance - it's a long game and I've been at it a lifetime.

I make exceptions when I can order directly from a boutique manufacturer like 3A or Threezero where many items are only available as pre-order and don't make it to retail at all.

Last edited:
I don't know if we can compare it to the Han figure though as the same exclusive also comes with the Han and Chewie set. Perhaps many people just ordered the set rather than the single figure on his own.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The key is this isn't the same exclusive technically. Luke's stormtrooper belt has a comlink and grappling hook. Han's is just the regular belt and can be acquired by: other Han's, parted out single troopers and any number of 2-packs. Luke's exclusive will likely be much harder to get.

The key is this isn't the same exclusive technically. Luke's stormtrooper belt has a comlink and grappling hook. Han's is just the regular belt and can be acquired by: other Han's, parted out single troopers and any number of 2-packs. Luke's exclusive will likely be much harder to get.

Yes, Luke's exclusive is more desirable than Han's. I just meant that the Han exclusive also comes with the 2 pack set, which is available to buy at any retailer, so it isn't necessary to purchase from Sideshow for Han's Stormtrooper belt or blaster. I personally am not getting that set from SSC as the exchange rate would make it more expensive than purchasing locally. However Luke will not be available locally so it's either SSC or HK direct and they always have inflated prices.

I still wonder why the trooper belt and blaster are the exclusive instead of, say, the deleted scene floppy hat w/goggles, poncho and rifle.

Luke's Stormtrooper blaster was really all he had as a weapon when you think about it (well, all he used). It's consider the trooper belt and blaster mandatory really.

Probably so it will make people buy the exclusive straight away rather than wait around. I know Star Wars isn't that big a seller in Asia, maybe it will sell quicker this way if it has an item people need, but it is produced in lower numbers.

I still wonder why the trooper belt and blaster are the exclusive instead of, say, the deleted scene floppy hat w/goggles, poncho and rifle.

I completely agree, but there's also the lingering question of why they included the wrong lightsaber and forgot to make the sculpt look like Mark Hamill. Some questions we'll never know the answer to, just like how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop. The most important accessory I need to get for this guy is the Sideshow head sculpt. ;) Or an even better one if that came around before summer's out (I won't hold my breath).

Last edited:
I completely agree, but there's also the lingering question of why they included the wrong lightsaber and forgot to make the sculpt look like Mark Hamill. Some questions we'll never know the answer to, just like how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop.

It looks like Mark Hamill... What more do you want from a figure?! Lol

After ordering this, looked down the list of PO's (just the ones through SSC) and it is SCARY. A TIE Pilot... how did he get in there?:slap I have more at BBTS (two Chewies) and Leia's still upcoming.

It kinda came down to Luke or Marty, which I'd been going back and forth on for the past month. These PO $$ are becoming $$$$.

Marty is shipping soon, Luke will be almost a year. So I'd get both. :)

This will be such an awesome bookend figure next to the eventual TFA Luke.

11235445_10152843670177344_4671771310349826463_n.jpg

This and Leia are the Star Wars grail pieces for me. HTs knocked it out of the park. The accessories are just amazing. It will be worth the year or more of waiting. Now just announce Leia. So Happy.

The price and everything that comes with this figure puts the Red 5 Luke to shame. I want both figures but Sideshow's price for what they're delivering is way out of line. I'm definitely in for this one right away.

Back