1/6 Hot Toys - MMS297 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They'll have trouble selling one Leia. Why would they do two? Clearly HT isn't even confident that a two-pack with Luke would sell.

Her best bet is to price her very cheap. $185 tops.

Yeah, I really don't see a Leia two-pack. The ceremony scene lasted a couple minutes (which, yes, is long in terms of Iron Man time...) and at least to me is the opposite of iconic (can't even remember what she wears in that scene and I've seen the film 100x times). Female 1:6 already seems a bit of a hard sell, so I doubt HT is gonna make it that much more difficult to justify by making Leia a $300.00+ set. Guaranteed it's Leia in her white princess garb, most likely without an exclusive, which suits me just fine. Can't wait to see how it turned out.

People collecting the line will definitely want her though. I think they'll be able to sell one figure of her fine but yeah a two pack for her I can't see happening.

I truly doubt they'll do a 2-pack so I went ahead and cashed in my Reward Points and preordered for $150! Thanks Hot Toys for beating Sideshow's ridiculous prices! Everybody vouches for the Red 5 Luke like that head sculpt were the holy grail but I truly find this one a hell a of a lot better and anyway SSC lately has pathetic paint apps so it doesn't matter if they fix the eye system it'll still look like an overpriced ken doll. I stopped trusting SSC after their flimsy and poorly painted R2 and even canceled my Hoth Han preorder because even my girlfriend chewed me out for ordering him when I showed her the production pics. She literally said: "Why the hell did you buy Aspen Ken?!" So from now on, only HT, if I'm going to spend thousands of dollars on a toy line I want it to look realistic and not like a glorified hasbro.

They'll have trouble selling one Leia. Why would they do two? Clearly HT isn't even confident that a two-pack with Luke would sell.

Her best bet is to price her very cheap. $185 tops.

I'd say the lowest she'd be is Gamora pricing at $199.99, and I'd still think that she'll be priced in the $209.99 to Obi-Wan range of $219.99...especially if they add accessories to make her more desirable.

As for the two-pack, I think that was just an assumption made by many, and I'm not sure why. Han and Chewie made sense as a two-pack because they're partners. Odds are if you want one, you'll want the other. It's a duo. I mean, I get Luke and Leia are brother and sister, but they weren't in A New Hope (well they were, but yeah...), so putting them together would basically be the same as assuming an Obi-Wan and Luke combo pack would come out.

If they nail the sculpt, I'd wager it'll sell just as well as most of these ANH figures, just to complete the setting for most! I would've thought she'd be the most likely to come with an interrogation droid, as Vader is costly enough and doesn't really need that addition to sell.

Maybe she'll come with exploding Alderaan!

alderaan-explosion-o.gif

Yeah, I really don't see a Leia two-pack. The ceremony scene lasted a couple minutes (which, yes, is long in terms of Iron Man time...) and at least to me is the opposite of iconic (can't even remember what she wears in that scene and I've seen the film 100x times). Female 1:6 already seems a bit of a hard sell, so I doubt HT is gonna make it that much more difficult to justify by making Leia a $300.00+ set. Guaranteed it's Leia in her white princess garb, most likely without an exclusive, which suits me just fine. Can't wait to see how it turned out.

Agreed. Just hoping for the best in terms of Leia's likeness. I have been riding the fence on HT Vader but now I think I'll get him as I want that interrogation droid. Even being a bit undersized its a nice piece to display next to Leia.

Can't really think of what would come with Leia. I'm fine with just her and the blaster, but even the blaster is kind of unnecessary since she'd be using Luke's right?
Would there be even the slightest chance of getting 2 head sculpts? Probably a pipe dream, but that would be a great accessory.

Edit: I feel like an idiot. She has her own weapon in the opening scene. Doh!!

Can't really think of what would come with Leia. I'm fine with just her and the blaster, but even the blaster is kind of unnecessary since she'd be using Luke's right?
Would there be even the slightest chance of getting 2 head sculpts? Probably a pipe dream, but that would be a great accessory.

Two head sculpts would be awesome if accessories are bare bone, but I'm not even sure what they'd be. A plain sculpt and then some kind of scowl?

I doubt there'll be two head sculpts, as there aren't really two that'd change out throughout the film. There's the throne room hairstyle, but that'd require a new outfit, and all that jazz. She could come with that stuff, but it's unlikely. I was thinking even the medals, but those may be pointless too, since Luke is in another outfit at the end as well.

I'd say her pistol, and a blaster are the most likely, with no exclusive. Unless they call the blaster the EX. Plain and simple, $209.99, plus or minus $10, and that's aboot it.

starwars3.jpg

star-wars-carrie-fisher_510x317.jpg

Maybe they'll toss in some Death Star blue prints! :lol But I'd say the pistol/blaster combo are a pretty safe bet!

Club_penguin_exclusive.png

Leia doesn't really need much to go with really. I hope they keep her bare bones so she's as cheap as possible.

Back