1/6 Hot Toys - MMS297 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to guess $229.99, same as Han Solo.

The $219 Batman Returns Batman surprised the hell out of me. I thought it would be more. I definitely think Luke will be in the $220s/$230s. The irony will be that it will be less than Sideshow's Pilot Luke. Maybe I'll be wrong.

What do I win?

Can I have a free Luke figure Sideshow?

Preordered! ...the second this becomes coupon eligible.

At the earliest. I don't understand why anyone orders it on day one. I can't imagine this will sell out before the end of the end of the summer. Han has been available for ages.

If it did for some reason sell out... Well, I'll save $20 and won't sweat it - couldn't give a rat's ass about the belt, only want the grappling hook for Kenner nostalgic value. And if push came to shove, I can fabricate a much nicer one anyway and grab a trooper belt from somewhere else.

Last edited:
Also ordered! Thanks for the heads-up, guys. :goodpost:

I thought at first about waiting until this became coupon code-eligible, but no way do I want to risk missing out on that Stormtrooper belt and grappling hook just to save twenty bucks.

Damn, I was hoping exclusive would be more widely available like with Han/Chewie.

No ex at BBTS. Likely SS will be the only one then to have this.

Probably why it's a Sideshow Exclusive feature/item :lol I think the EX for the Han/Chewie was only for the set/combo. :wink1:

At the earliest. I don't understand why anyone orders it on day one.

Yeah, makes no sense to me.

Even if Sideshow tries to pull the wait list trick, just look at ex. Marty McFly. He was waitlisted within a couple of hours last year. Now that he's shipping? More are still available.

Why HT makes the ANH figure, but overlooks the first appearance correctness of the most iconic weapon in movie history???

Damn, I was hoping exclusive would be more widely available like with Han/Chewie.

No ex at BBTS. Likely SS will be the only one then to have this.

I'm guessing that is not going to happen again... basically kills the incentive to order through Sideshow which I'm sure did not go over well.

And even came in cheaper than the sideshow X-Wing Luke. Wow they really really overpriced that one… LOL

No doubt... this has to be a touch embarassing for Sideshow. X-Wing Luke is a pretty great looking figure... but he was easily $40 overpriced, if not more like $60. Then to have a fully loaded figure like this come out months later and for less is pretty funny.

At the earliest. I don't understand why anyone orders it on day one. I can't imagine this will sell out before the end of the end of the summer. Han has been available for ages.

We must now wait and see if/when the hat eating will occur :lecture

Also ordered! Thanks for the heads-up, guys. :goodpost:

I thought at first about waiting until this became coupon code-eligible, but no way do I want to risk missing out on that Stormtrooper belt and grappling hook just to save twenty bucks.

Yeah, great - thanks for that.:lol ORDERED.

You might be right but you also might need to think about what type of wine best brings out the taste of your hat. There are 2 big differences between this and Han. 1) this figure looks a lot better and 2)I would guess most collectors bought the 2 pack leaving far less buyers of individual han exclusive. We will see

There's a lot more hype surrounding this since the sculpt is so great, so I didn't hesitate with ordering.

After ordering this, looked down the list of PO's (just the ones through SSC) and it is SCARY. A TIE Pilot... how did he get in there?:slap I have more at BBTS (two Chewies) and Leia's still upcoming.

It kinda came down to Luke or Marty, which I'd been going back and forth on for the past month. These PO $$ are becoming $$$$.

Here's why you order early:

1. You absolutely want the figure.
2. You absolutely want the exclusive version.
3. You don't want to waste time/money finding the exclusive on the after market.
4. You couldn't give a rats #$$ about saving $20 on any 1 particular figure, especially one that you absolutely want (see #1 and #2).

It ain't rocket science.

I don't know if we can compare it to the Han figure though as the same exclusive also comes with the Han and Chewie set. Perhaps many people just ordered the set rather than the single figure on his own.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't know if we can compare it to the Han figure though as the same exclusive also comes with the Han and Chewie set. Perhaps many people just ordered the set rather than the single figure on his own.

are you Thedentedhelmet.com Sidewinder?

I wouldn't be surprised if it goes on waitlist within 2 months and then the coupon can't be used anyway.

Back