1/6 Hot Toys - MMS297 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes yes, I kid..

..& although I really want to see their ANH Leia, I'd rather an Endor version - & speaking of a ROTJ Luke, I wonder if they'll do a DX style set with all his ROTJ wardrobe changes - i.e; the Endor gear as well as the obligatory Jedi garb.

An up to date Endor Luke (as part of a DX set) would be beyond sweet. :rock

Yes yes, I kid..

..& although I really want to see their ANH Leia, I'd rather an Endor version - & speaking of a ROTJ Luke, I wonder if they'll do a DX style set with all his ROTJ wardrobe changes - i.e; the Endor gear as well as the obligatory Jedi garb.

An up to date Endor Luke (as part of a DX set) would be beyond sweet. :rock

Personally I think ANH Leis is the most iconic, well second to slave leia (which I am not to interested in). So I am happy to get a HT version, the SSC one was very doll-ish.

Though Endor or Hoth costumes would be my 2nd choice with slave being last. Out of all the characters I don't really think she needs more than one figure per film... with slave being the except just cause I know how popular that would be.

**** Endor.

I'm in for Ewok Village outfit.:yess:

Personally I think ANH Leis is the most iconic, well second to slave leia (which I am not to interested in). So I am happy to get a HT version, the SSC one was very doll-ish.

Though Endor or Hoth costumes would be my 2nd choice with slave being last. Out of all the characters I don't really think she needs more than one figure per film... with slave being the except just cause I know how popular that would be.

You mentioned the slave outfit three times... while stating you are not interested in it.:naughty

And any Leia 1/6 collectible action figure... will be a doll.:lol

First pre-order price spotted in The Netherlands, 279 euros...:thud:
Prices keep going up and up. But I have hope, since this was at a webshop that's generally more expensive than others.

First pre-order price spotted in The Netherlands, 279 euros...:thud:

That's a good price if it includes shipping - less than the price from Sideshow after $30 shipping and 20% VAT, calculated at the interbank rate (which is lower than consumer rates).

Ordering from Sideshow is always more expensive because of the shipping to The Netherlands and customs. 279 for one figure, not really a good price for one figure. Hawkeye is around 249 euros here, Cap even cheaper. So Luke is expensive compared to other figures. Comparing to Sideshow prices doesn't make sense for us, because we don't order there.

Wow... is that over $300 US? When you look at these collections of many dozens of figures, you start to realize that going forward, you are looking at tens of thousands of dollars.

Comparing to Sideshow prices doesn't make sense for us, because we don't order there.

Then don't complain. The point isn't that you should or shouldn't buy from Sideshow, it's that given the economic realities and importation laws of your country, the price you're paying locally is decent compared to what other people are paying elsewhere. You're paying your country's VAT plus a modest amount on top of the US price from the biggest distributor/retailer in the world of these figures. Buying here in Canada would no doubt be just as expensive, perhaps even more.

Luke works out at $332 including shipping and taxes to Ireland. I'll use my rewards to knock a little off the price.

I will complain all I want. I don't feel in my wallet what other people pay for their figures. Every person buying these figures on their own market, will feel the increase in price in their region. What is it to me what people in other countries pay, even if that's even more expensive then over here. We are accustomed to a certain price range and we feel the increase with every figure that's being released. So yes, we complain because our expensive hobby is getting more expensive, because that is what we feel in our wallets, not what US buyers pay or not.

Then don't complain. The point isn't that you should or shouldn't buy from Sideshow, it's that given the economic realities and importation laws of your country, the price you're paying locally is decent compared to what other people are paying elsewhere. You're paying your country's VAT plus a modest amount on top of the US price from the biggest distributor/retailer in the world of these figures. Buying here in Canada would no doubt be just as expensive, perhaps even more.

It'll probably be waitlisted so that it isn't coupon or discount eligible.

That'd be my guess for the exclusive... seems like that also happened with the scout trooper. I pre-ordered the exclusive hoping I'd be able to cancel and then use a $20 off coupon later, but he went to a waitlist before that could happen. I was able to do that with the Tie Pilot and C-3PO though.

The disc she inserts into R2? Handcuffs?

We can definitely count on her blaster and possibly a Stormie rifle but I'd imagine that they'd keep her as eb expensive as possible like others mentioned. Keeping her barebones (or slightly equipped) and under $200 is her best chance of success

I imagine all of those will both be included since they came with the Sideshow version... can't really think of anything else that she could come with. It will be nice to have a Leia with an assortment of hands, the ANH and Boushh just had the one pair.

Luke looks nice, but the same price as the sandtrooper makes me seriously pause.....expensive for what we are getting...

Yeah, seems the troopers are being priced a bit lower... so I'd just be thankful for the lower price on them rather than take pause. Could always be that the troopers are $250 instead :lol

Back