1/6 Hot Toys - MMS297 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you use paypal, I assume you will pay the full amount when you pre-order.

Yes, I did this with AoU Cap. It's very liberating knowing your dolly is "bought and paid for". ALMOST feels like a free dolly when it arrives! ;)

Just bought this with Rewards Points by the way. Can't remember being this "pumped" for a figure! Now, the wait...

Didn't know that you can pre-order and pay the full amount upfront with PayPal. I just did that, sort of nice knowing that it'll be paid for right away.

The disc she inserts into R2? Handcuffs?

We can definitely count on her blaster and possibly a Stormie rifle but I'd imagine that they'd keep her as eb expensive as possible like others mentioned. Keeping her barebones (or slightly equipped) and under $200 is her best chance of success

Didn't know that you can pre-order and pay the full amount upfront with PayPal. I just did that, sort of nice knowing that it'll be paid for right away.

I just did the same. Exclusive secured. I doubt it will sell out anytime soon, but nice to know I don't have to worry about it.

Ordered Luke. Hope they fix the hair before final release. Looking forward to Leia. Maybe HT will offer a DX version, ANH Princess Leia and ROJ Slave Leia. That would be all I need until EP VII Leia.

I didn't realize you could PayPal in full in advance either. I'm going to start doing that from here on out.

Learned this important detail from CS last month: If a pre-order item (or back-order which is also marked pre-order) has a flat shipping fee, then you can use PayPal, otherwise, you can't and have to wait for it to be in stock.

Learned this important detail from CS last month: If a pre-order item (or back-order which is also marked pre-order) has a flat shipping fee, then you can use PayPal, otherwise, you can't and have to wait for it to be in stock.

Dang. Oh well I'll do it where I can. I think it's mostly 1/6 figs but not the statues and high ticket items. I'll have to see if I can cancel Luke and reorder.

Ordered Luke. Hope they fix the hair before final release. Looking forward to Leia. Maybe HT will offer a DX version, ANH Princess Leia and ROJ Slave Leia. That would be all I need until EP VII Leia.

I didn't realize you could PayPal in full in advance either. I'm going to start doing that from here on out.
I'll probably do it more often too now. Not that I can't pay for things later or with flex pay but if I've got the spare money it's nice to just have it taken care of right away.

Dang. Oh well I'll do it where I can. I think it's mostly 1/6 figs but not the statues and high ticket items. I'll have to see if I can cancel Luke and reorder.
Luke should be fine. He's got the $10 flat rate shipping.

So why this and not ROTJ Luke? :gah:

Because...

giphy.gif

While I'm sure they'll delve into Episode VII before the year is out, this definitely isn't the last we'll see of the original trilogy characters! I wouldn't be shocked if they did the entire group again from each film...but even if they don't do everyone from each, I think random figures from ESB and RotJ (such as Jedi Luke and Slave Leia) are sure bets.

While I'm sure they'll delve into Episode VII before the year is out, this definitely isn't the last we'll see of the original trilogy characters! I wouldn't be shocked if they did the entire group again from each film...but even if they don't do everyone from each, I think random figures from ESB and RotJ (such as Jedi Luke and Slave Leia) are sure bets.

Yea but between Marvel licenses, upcoming DC movies, and the Force Awakens, highly doubt I will see a Hot Toys ROTJ Luke for a looooooooooong time.
YTCExEh.gif

Yea but between Marvel licenses, upcoming DC movies, and the Force Awakens, highly doubt I will see a Hot Toys ROTJ Luke for a looooooooooong time.
YTCExEh.gif

Well yeah, I wouldn't expect it for a couple of more years, at least! But it's not like we can complain with the great job they've done with this one, and with an upcoming lineup of figures that you just mentioned! :lol

With the way HT has been hurning out the Ep4 figures,then Chan saying TFA before the year is out...I'd assume TESB and ROTJ possibly revealed next yr...NEED a new Bespin Han plus a Hoth or Bespin Leia too.

With the way HT has been hurning out the Ep4 figures,then Chan saying TFA before the year is out...I'd assume TESB and ROTJ possibly revealed next yr...NEED a new Bespin Han plus a Hoth or Bespin Leia too.

Yeah, I get the feeling SDCC will belong to TFA releases, so after ANH Leia we're probably done with classic trilogy until long after TFA. Bit of a bummer, especially if TFA is decent but not great. We get two years of 1/6 TFA characters holding back HT ESB Boba, Yoda and ROTJ Luke and Emperor etc.

SSC Landspeeder will be cool to see though (which I'm assuming will be revealed at SDCC) to go with the new HT Luke and Ben and SSC 3PO and R2..

YTCExEh.gif

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Despite what everyone on here claims, Howard's favorite property is in fact Star Wars not marvel(iron man specifically). Given that I would not be surprised to see large numbers of figures each year and since they can re use HS on some that makes it even more likely. It may not be next month or next QRT but I wouldn't think it will be long time but especially not loooong time.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Despite what everyone on here claims, Howard's favorite property is in fact Star Wars not marvel(iron man specifically). Given that I would not be surprised to see large numbers of figures each year and since they can re use HS on some that makes it even more likely. It may not be next month or next QRT but I wouldn't think it will be long time but especially not loooong time.

Howard's favourite property might be Star Wars, but his accountant's is Iron Man.

Back