1/6 Hot Toys - MMS297 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Far be it from me to decide how one spends their money, but I think as a HT figure, this is one of the better values you are going to get. It's all relative of course, but this is pretty loaded with accessories. Whether the sculpt is there or not is one thing, but you can get a few distinct looks out of what is included, and short of the Falcon headset, you can museum pose him in just about any scene he's wearing the "farmboy" outfit. I'm pleasantly surprised actually.

I sold off 5 sideshow clones and a set of Exclusive Battle Droids. Now I have enough in my "figure kitty" for 3 Hot Toys OT figures...
Luke, Ben and I'm undecided on the third...

Yeah, I get the feeling SDCC will belong to TFA releases, so after ANH Leia we're probably done with classic trilogy until long after TFA. Bit of a bummer, especially if TFA is decent but not great. We get two years of 1/6 TFA characters holding back HT ESB Boba, Yoda and ROTJ Luke and Emperor etc.
Not according to Jack Bauer (and I think another source...). Believe he advised way back when Han & Chewie were announced that each film was going to get pre-orders before Ep VII premieres. So far he's been 100% accurate. I believe he advised 2 for ESB and 3 from ROTJ (and no doubt they will include some of the characters you mention -- he's basically said ROTJ Luke is one of the three from ROTJ). So the line-ups won't be as extensive as ANH and we will probably have a bit of a wait for other iterations of characters from those movies, but we should get 5 more iconic characters/iterations before the year is done. Besides all that, we're only six months into the year. What about the pace that they've been releasing figures from ANH leads you to believe that they're gonna slam on the breaks, now? If anything, I wouldn't be surprised if we get more than 5 figures from ESB/ROTJ by the end of December.

I sold off 5 sideshow clones and a set of Exclusive Battle Droids. Now I have enough in my "figure kitty" for 3 Hot Toys OT figures...
Yep, I've liquidated anything I had that wasn't absolutely essential to me to fund SW OT. Really only have a handful more I want from ESB/ROTJ and I'll be done with the license. It'll be a day long remembered (by my wallet ;))...

Last edited:
Yep, I've liquidated anything I had that wasn't absolutely essential to me to fund SW OT. Really only have a handful more I want from ESB/ROTJ and I'll be done with the license. It'll be a day long remembered (by my wallet ;))...

I'm eyeballing the remaining PT figures I have... I don't really care for the PT; but the few I have left are a nice representation of the films. But, if push comes to shove on space I may have to give them the boots.

Price seems good for this. But like everyone is saying, it's making Sideshow's X-Wing Luke seem ridiculously priced--even more so than before!

Not according to Jack Bauer (and I think another source...). Believe he advised way back when Han & Chewie were announced that each film was going to get pre-orders before Ep VII premieres. So far he's been 100% accurate. I believe he advised 2 for ESB and 3 from ROTJ (and no doubt they will include some of the characters you mention -- he's basically said ROTJ Luke is one of the three from ROTJ). So the line-ups won't be as extensive as ANH and we will probably have a bit of a wait for other iterations of characters from those movies, but we should get 5 more iconic characters/iterations before the year is done.

Hm, while it's all speculation until official announcements are made, it'll still be cool to guess! I would've thought that revisiting Han and the gang each film would make sense, those are what are likely a couple of years out. Not for all, but I mean, a completely new Han headsculpt probably won't happen for a while. That said, I'd say the two easiest guesses for ESB are Lando and Boba Fett. There's always the chance at Yoda, but I'd think we're due for a good, updated Lando figure! They could go with Yoda as the second (if there are only two) and leave Boba until RotJ as one of the three.

From there, it'd likely be Jedi Luke, possibly the Emperor, and Slave Leia? That'd probably be a harder film to guess. I could see Boba landing there, alongside Jedi Luke, and the Emperor would make sense...I think when any Star Wars license or releases are made, fans tend to gravitate towards guessing when the Slave Leia figure will be released. :lol

carrie-fisher-bikini-beach.png

I'm eyeballing the remaining PT figures I have... I don't really care for the PT; but the few I have left are a nice representation of the films. But, if push comes to shove on space I may have to give them the boots.
All I had from the PT was Grievous (which I quite liked as a figure, if not his representation in ROTS) but given the number of HT SW pre-orders, I couldn't justify having him in the collection, anymore. I've cut my pre-orders and am even looking at another one or two to chop. All these releases have really forced me to focus like a laser on reducing what I've got and what I had coming. Aside from money, space is a real issue.

...Slave Leia...
That pic... :drool

No interest in a figure of her in that outfit, though. You're right about Lando. Long overdue though it's another character I'm not too interested in having in 1:6. Could see ESB being Yoda and Boba, too. ROTJ I'm hoping for Emperor and not really interested in much else (maybe Imperial Guard, but guessing that HT won't waste a coveted slot on that character).

Last edited:
I'm struggling with this one already have a Bespin Luke and don't know if the improvement is drastic enough to justify making physical and financial space.

Added to my Evernote "contemporary toys" wanted list, 1/6 sub-section, random order, mixed in with other SW figures. ;)

I imagine all of those will both be included since they came with the Sideshow version... can't really think of anything else that she could come with. It will be nice to have a Leia with an assortment of hands, the ANH and Boushh just had the one pair.

Oh wow, I didn't even realize that. That fig was before my time and not one that I wanted to go after, so I never looked at what was even included.

Yea, I'd guess they'd go the same route as that with the accessories

Oh wow, I didn't even realize that. That fig was before my time and not one that I wanted to go after, so I never looked at what was even included.

Yea, I'd guess they'd go the same route as that with the accessories

I believe the handcuffs were the exclusive... and there is this little flat item with an imperial logo on it; I assume those are intended to be the plans.

I just see ocean and waves in the background, but it takes a lot of concentration to do that.

Luke, Ben and I'm undecided on the third...
If you're not including Imperial forces, sounds like you're waiting for Lea to slide into that spot. :hi5:

I am amazed at this figure. Wish I loved the head on Han as much from preview pics.

Back