1/6 Hot Toys - MMS297 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You listening, JC? More highlights.

I like you.

200_s.gif

Just ordered this from a Canadian online store! I paid with Paypal and I think my entire sum came out already...or was charged already. I know I read earlier that if you did that with Sideshow it also paid it all off right away. Is that a new thing with Paypal now?

PayPal has been an instant transfer since Day 1. That's just how PayPal works.

0130i1.jpg

Luke will come with a selection of wigs so you can pick and choose depending on your mood.

:lecture

I'm thinking hot pink to go with the Stormtrooper belt.

I think there's a chance Leia could have 2 sculpts, and a removable white poncho to reveal the ceremony gown underneath.

I think there's a chance Leia could have 2 sculpts, and a removable white poncho to reveal the ceremony gown underneath.

They better come up with something good, everyone (with a Luke Ex, etc.) will have a blaster, so there's not much to choose from and she, as Wor-Gar pointed out, will probably have a slim (too tall) body with skinny neck and bobble head.

I'm thinking taped down breasts under her gown, for accuracy of course.

Why aren't they including PERS in their figures now? They really make a difference.

That was only ever a thing for their DX line and the odd MMS release (armoury Bats, Hulk). Besides, while PERS worked for some figures (like Jack Sparrow) it seriously messed up the Indy sculpt. It's quite divisive.

Besides, while PERS worked for some figures (like Jack Sparrow) it seriously messed up the Indy sculpt. It's quite divisive.

I haven't seen any sculpt altered nor messed up by PERS yet - The Indy sculpt was messed up by Arnie Kim, it's as simple as that. No amount of eye mods will ever change that likeness.

I haven't seen any sculpt altered nor messed up by PERS yet - The Indy sculpt was messed up by Arnie Kim, it's as simple as that. No amount of eye mods will ever change that likeness.
Yeah, I disagree with that. The DX02 was abhorrent with PERS aside from the obvious inaccuracies of the cowl. The eyes were overly large with a few releases. DX01 comes to mind. Indy was a jacked up sculpt but the PERS definitely did not help. That sort of guy liner was very ugly, same goes for the DX10. Whatever faults those sculpts had, and they had them for sure, PERS made it worse. Although, I think they did start to get better with it. Like the DX13 was good, and they stopped using that ugly starburst pattern in the earlier figures and started to make them look like a real iris. PERS was great with DX08 and DX09. Sparrow too. Luke wasn't bad either aside from the oversized eyes.

Anyway, did they in fact from the DX moniker? Doesn't the Returns figure having moving eyes but no DX label?

Paint isn't PERS though and most of the complaints people level are related to paint, including the "guy liner" and irises (decals perhaps). PERS is a mechanism. The Indy sculpt (and Han Solo which doesn't have PERS) are that far off, no amount of eye work will do anything to correct them. Even comparing DX12 Batman against the Armory version - nothing in PERS was changed, only some additional eyelid plastic and paint were added for the re-release.

Even if the eyes in a sculpt are "too big" that decision doesn't seem to have stemmed from the technical requirements of PERS or it would be true for every single release. It's about time to stop blaming failures on tools and technical components. These things have all failed due to artistic license and direction.

Point taken. But regardless how you cut it PERS has helped make some ugly sculpts whether it was implementation or not. I don't think Indy's eyes would have had that guy liner without PERS and I don't think HT would have accidentally sculpted the eyes too big if they were regular painted eyes on those releases. But that's not all. It's the ugly ass seams on a lot of the sculpts. Indy is a big one. Also the frailty of some of the models. Now that last one is mainly speaking on the earlier figures. The chance of getting wonky ones too. Like I don't care what I did with the DX08 the eyes were always off center. I eventually just dismantled the PERS and now operate the eyes individually. I just think PERS has baggage, though I'll freely admit that certain figures really profited from the feature. Like the Joker figures and the DX09.

Back