1/6 Hot Toys - MMS308 - Ant-Man: Ant-Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stellar figure! It looks like they nailed the portrait first try.

I'm always curious when Hot Toys nails the portrait with sculpts obscured by helmets, cowls, etc. but have problems with the head by itself.

For example, the Batman Returns figure nails what Keaton would like under the cowl (the lips, eyes, jaw). But the separate Bruce Wayne figure left a lot to be desired with just a reasonable (but not great) likeness to Michael Keaton.

Granted, this is an apples and orange comparison. We can actually see most of Paul Rudd's face in the Ant-Man figure and Hot Toys already did a pretty good job of recreating his likeness. I'm just curious if Hot Toys would do just as fantastic a job with a completely helmetless Paul Rudd.

I'm always curious when Hot Toys nails the portrait with sculpts obscured by helmets, cowls, etc. but have problems with the head by itself.

For example, the Batman Returns figure nails what Keaton would like under the cowl (the lips, eyes, jaw). But the separate Bruce Wayne figure left a lot to be desired with just a reasonable (but not great) likeness to Michael Keaton.

Granted, this is an apples and orange comparison. We can actually see most of Paul Rudd's face in the Ant-Man figure and Hot Toys already did a pretty good job of recreating his likeness. I'm just curious if Hot Toys would do just as fantastic a job with a completely helmetless Paul Rudd.

I think hair seems to throw them off a lot. It seems to throw the head proportions out of whack for some reason. I mean look at the bald characters. Nick Fury looks pretty spot on.

Anyway, just wanted to share the diaplay cabinet I have him at the moment.
5eda951751f4bde213587c8c0b917b03.jpg
33c72de8e49782675fb6fabbdd534e61.jpg

I got it today & it's an impressive figure. One thing I've noticed with this one & Vision is that the bodies seem very sturdy. The joints hold poses well & they stand by themselves without a stand without a problem...no more weak ankles like in the past with some figures. Well done, HT.

I got it today & it's an impressive figure. One thing I've noticed with this one & Vision is that the bodies seem very sturdy. The joints hold poses well & they stand by themselves without a stand without a problem...no more weak ankles like in the past with some figures. Well done, HT.

Cool, my DOFP Wolverine has crazy-weak ankles although I'm not sure its a problem for everyone.

Cool, my DOFP Wolverine has crazy-weak ankles although I'm not sure its a problem for everyone.

Work a little super glue gel into those ankle joints and that should help tighten them up some. I've done it to my fair share of figures and it's always improved the situation.

This is true.

The Adam West Batman for instance is spot on in my opinion in what he looked like under the cowl, and I actually think HT nailed Chris Evans's likeness underneath the Cap helmet/mask with TFA figure.

I was about to buy this one since I LOVE Antman's costume from the movie but hearing about the missing magnets in the helmet has me worried. I think I'm going to wait until more people have it in hand before I end up buying it.

It looks great though.

I was about to buy this one since I LOVE Antman's costume from the movie but hearing about the missing magnets in the helmet has me worried. I think I'm going to wait until more people have it in hand before I end up buying it.

It looks great though.

Just for the record, how many of these have the missing helmet magnet issue?

Current owners of this figure please reply.

Just for the record, how many of these have the missing helmet magnet issue?

Current owners of this figure please reply.

Mine had both magnets but the glue on one was really weak. Actually it may have been the piece of metal that the glue was weak on and it fell off. It was whatever was in the removable piece and not the piece that stays on his head.

Back