1/6 Hot Toys - MMS308 - Ant-Man: Ant-Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't wait for my pre-order to get here but the local guys I buy from are saying April.

This figure is really amazing. It's safe to say Ant-Man is a strong contender for 2016 HT best figure. I know...it's still February! :)

Review of mine. Hope it helps some of you that are still hesitating...though this release is an easy "blind buy".

n8.jpg

n4.jpg

Review of mine. Hope it helps some of you that are still hesitating...though this release is an easy "blind buy".

n8.jpg

n4.jpg

Great review, but, What about wrist articulation? It's like other figures? Side to side, back to front... Sorry if my english is not good. Thanks.

D*mn you Xenom0rph, I just re-pre-ordered this guy because of your review (+ the low stock warning on my dealer's website). :rotfl
I guess I'll have to wait a month or 2 to buy the HT General Zod...

Arrived yesterday thankfully I have both magnets. A work of art....one of the HT figs whose faults don't impact overall awesomeness of the figure. My Art Figures Cracy Racer who also arrived yesterday a different story....:lol

What magnets is everyone referring to? Is his mask supposed to attach to the top of the helmet via magnets in the same fashion that the masks on the helmets on IM and WM figures do?

Is the suit made of the same kind of fake leather used on john connor, predators figure? I'm hesitating to get this figure because of that. I'm afraid it will crack and crumble to dust after a year.

Well I have a Conner figure and it didn't fall apart after a year or five. Same with blade and Hellboy and the hundreds of other figures.

Good for you guys then. I guess I was not lucky with my John Connor and Predators figures. After being displayed for more than a year inside a glass cabinet, the leather disintegrated even with just a light touch.

n8.jpg

n4.jpg

And the is why I subscribe to your YouTube channel. Fantastic reviews and some of the best pics of the shipping figure. Nicely done!!

I wonder if a fresh set of batteries in the head would light up the inside of the visor much brighter?

Good for you guys then. I guess I was not lucky with my John Connor and Predators figures. After being displayed for more than a year inside a glass cabinet, the leather disintegrated even with just a light touch.

Sorry but the material just doesn't fall apart for no reason. Just Becuase it's in glass doesn't mean it's handle correctly. If it fell apart after a year, on multiple products that don't even have the same material...it's a problem with the environment. If the material was an issue, like it was prone to fail, then it would happen to most. I have every predator figure. Both Conner figures. I have every figure in fact. Multiple of most. And they are all pretty much the same as brand new. Glass cases don't protect from UV or heat or humidity(or lack of). All of which can damage leather or vinyl. Just like in a car. If it happens after just a year then your really doing something wrong.

There's always going to be a 5-10% failure rate on any mass produced run. But that covers every possible issue. And wouldn't account for a figure just disintegrating after a year.

And I just did a quick check, there are currently 25 seperate figures for sale (at least) in eBay at the moment for the Conner figures. Found another handful on the sales section here...my four..plus I have a couple extra coats on customs, the guy above said his is fine...so that's 30-40 with no issues. Just a small sample but if you think about the times since its been released to have that many for sale now without issues...pretty good indicator that it's not a widespread issue.

On top of all that...not even the same material between antman, Conner, and any of the predator figures I can think of off hand.

Last edited:
Back