1/6 Hot Toys MMS699 & MMS700 ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably lol but I’m looking forward to seeing it if you share. It’s the only accurate way to display him with the helmet off.
I definitely will post pics. I bought 2 Vader so I can do helmet on and off. Just revenge of the sith and I shouldn’t need any more vader.

Off the top of my head for the best RoTJ Vader kitbash

Head - RoTJ
chest Armor - RoTJ/ESB with R1/OWK pauldrons
Cape - ESB?
Boots - OWK/R1

For my own kitbash and since I want to represent Empire Vader, think this recipe will do the job:

- ROTJ Vader
- ESB chest box
- OWK boots
- ANH MMS434 cape or a custom cape

*I’ll decide between the stock ROTJ/ESB chest plate (w/ shoulder pads) or MMS434 chest plate (w/ shoulder pads) which is the same as Rogue One.

Vader arrived!!!

Looks great. Lighter than I'm used to after a few InArt figures. The Shaw sculpt is amazing. Most of the figure's parts are locked in place so not too much to futz here -- some shifting and mild water treatment to do (careful of the electronics). Head swap is very easy. Gloves swap also easy. Hope to get to him tomorrow or Sunday. The mask and helmet are crisp and nicely painted -- looks like Vader to me, I'm not well versed in anything beyond ANH. The magnet for the face plate is wonderful, I wish they used a magnet for the helmet as well instead of the shallow plug (that connection will not age well with too much play).

All in all, a very solid Vader for the LAST OT VADER.

Just some dirty pics...

trays...

Vader pack.jpg

Vader straight from box, no futz...

Vader 1.jpg
Vader 2.jpg

I just like this one...

Shaw 1.jpg

Shaw head height...

Shaw Vader Height.jpg

And I thought this one showed the on-off paint pattern on the mask well...

Vader 3.jpg

So question: is the Shaw sculpt fixed inside its neck brace?

I ask because the main mask comes apart in three ways, as if to accommodate a sculpt. The magnetic "rod" [that holds the top of the mask to the neck brace] also pulls out to reveal a slimmer, shorter rod underneath with a magnet... to hold what? Just the larger rod?

Basically, we get three necks braces but only two masks.

So question: is the Shaw sculpt fixed inside its neck brace?

I ask because the main mask comes apart in three ways, as if to accommodate a sculpt. The magnetic "rod" [that holds the top of the mask to the neck brace] also pulls out to reveal a slimmer, shorter rod underneath with a magnet... to hold what? Just the larger rod?

Basically, we get three necks braces but only two masks.

No. The Shaw sculpt is a separate piece from the neck brace.

Damn, this shot (creds to Wor-Gar) just reminds me of Vader in this shot where he ragingly commands, “Bring my shutt– sorry, where he calmly asked about having his star destroyer prepped for his arrival lol.

I’m persnickety about this stuff, but I’m glad to see this newly designed ROTJ helmet look just fine as an Empire version.

F3457E03-0F4C-442B-AC9F-3014343F526F.jpeg

I'll have to try more Force. So the smaller magnetic rod inside the larger magnetic rod is to hold the Shaw sculpt?
You have to remove the head from the neckbrace to access the rolling eyeballs. I'm not sure about the magnetic rods. I think they're just for the helmet.

Back