1/6 Hot Toys MMS699 & MMS700 ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
COMP 1.jpg

COMP 2.jpg

COMP 3.jpg

COMP 4.jpg

COMP 5.jpg

Great face...

COMP 1.jpg

Great pics Wor-Gar :clap You tamed the cape pretty well.

Thanks!

Funny, you just posted that and I just responded that I need to tame it even better. It flares out a bit much, and its that spongey material that doesn't allow water treatment to work to well. I'm thinking of adding some pennies to help it fall straight. This cape rides off the ground so it should work.

Thanks!

Funny, you just posted that and I just responded that I need to tame it even better. It flares out a bit much, and its that spongey material that doesn't allow water treatment to work to well. I'm thinking of adding some pennies to help it fall straight. This cape rides off the ground so it should work.
The penny idea sounds promising. Looking forward to how it turns out. They really should've kept the material from the ANH cape and just made it the same length as this one. It's pretty heavy, maybe just a little too thick 🤔 I really don't like that spongey feeling material. If I were to get a WL conversion, I'd still like to try out the more recent Sideshow cape and inner robe on this. I think it would look quite nice especially since it's a pretty deep black material.

The penny idea sounds promising. Looking forward to how it turns out. They really should've kept the material from the ANH cape and just made it the same length as this one. It's pretty heavy, maybe just a little too thick 🤔 I really don't like that spongey feeling material. If I were to get a WL conversion, I'd still like to try out the more recent Sideshow cape and inner robe on this. I think it would look quite nice especially since it's a pretty deep black material.

I don't even remember the ANH cape now, but I know I swapped it for an RO cape long ago. The RO cape was a very nice material and hung just off the floor but had weight to it.

This new ROTJ cape feels nice, and looks nice, but is water resistant and doesn't create as many folds as I would like. Weight will help it hang better, but nothing will get the many folds you need to really create Vader's cape.

Has anyone figured out exactly why the HT ROTJ mask is better than the HT ESB mask? I figured by now there would be some nice comparison pictures to explain the differences.

But you know, if you want something done...

40f06c9cdbecedd98fcc74ae5097aabe2f08b9f8.gif

Lots of little tweaks. The correct paint tone does a lot of work, as does the SLIGHTLY smaller mouth triangle/noseplug section. Most of it is the shape of and around the eyes, cheeks and angling of his facial structure.

Back