1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is true, but you shouldn't really be on here if your only foray into Batman is the movies imo. You're missing on way too much and can be confused easily about stuff

I don't know everything there is to know about batman, but I'm glad I subscribed to this thread, because now I'm aware of another great incarnation of batman. I'm actually going to check out TAS now. I'll probably give the video games a go too. That's what I like about the freaks forum, you can always learn from others and try to help others out when you can. Appreciate the recommendations guys! :hi5:

I'd go for the GOTY versions, the DLC with costumes and some extra modes are great for no extra cost.

Be wary of Arkham Origins, that game is buggy as hell, and has other problems compared to Asylum and City. :monkey3

I actually have Asylum, I have just never had the chance to really sit down and play it due to work. Good news is, my work schedule will improve significantly in a little over a week, and I don't plan to do anything but things I enjoy, including checking out the Arkham series!! :)

Thanks for recommending the GOTY versions FSLAR and Sundowner. I will definitely plan to pick those up after I finish Asylum.

Did you ever watch Justice League or Justice League Unlimited as a kid? Maybe even Batman Beyond? All versions of Batman voiced by Conroy. He bridges the Burton Batman to the Nolan Batman.

Did you ever watch Justice League or Justice League Unlimited as a kid? Maybe even Batman Beyond? All versions of Batman voiced by Conroy. He bridges the Burton Batman to the Nolan Batman.

I never watched Justice League/Unlimited as a kid. I only watched parts of TAS, which I don't remember too well anymore. I've already got a lot of catching up to do, but will add Justice League to the bucket list now too :lol Thanks mate!

I actually have Asylum, I have just never had the chance to really sit down and play it due to work. Good news is, my work schedule will improve significantly in a little over a week, and I don't plan to do anything but things I enjoy, including checking out the Arkham series!! :)

Thanks for recommending the GOTY versions FSLAR and Sundowner. I will definitely plan to pick those up after I finish Asylum.

:duff:

I'm sure you'll love these games, the GOTY version of City is really a must have. Harley Quinn's revenge is one of the best DLCs ever

Enjoy; you have hours of quality TV ahead of you. Also check out Superman Batman Apokalips, it's a DCU animated movie about the Jeph Loeb Michael Turner return of Supergirl story. Conroy is great again as Batman.

Oh really? I know what you mean, work cut into my Arkham City time actually :lol but no problem.

^Yeah, work has pretty much taken over my life for the past several years. SO MANY things I've neglected, it's not even funny. But, like I said, things will be on the up soon and I can finally enjoy fun things without feeling guilty about it for a change. With all the recs you all gave me, I definitely won't be bored! :lol

And thanks for recommending Superman Batman Apocalypse, Picco! I'll try to fit that in if I can as well.

^Yeah, work has pretty much taken over my life for the past several years. SO MANY things I've neglected, it's not even funny. But, like I said, things will be on the up soon and I can finally enjoy fun things without feeling guilty about it for a change. With all the recs you all gave me, I definitely won't be bored! :lol

And thanks for recommending Superman Batman Apocalypse, Picco! I'll try to fit that in if I can as well.

Batman The Animated Series is part of the larger DCAU continuity, which comprises of:

Batman the Animated Series
Superman the Animated Series
Batman Beyond
Justice League
Justice League Unlimited

I don't recommend skipping any of those as they all tie in one way or another, plus you'll get the true ending to Batman's journey by the end of JLU, which is known to make grown men cry.

No problem, just remember it's Superman Batman Apokalips. Apocalypse is the end of the world or a super bad guy in the Marvel Universe for the X-Men. Apokalips is the home planet of the mad god Darkseid and all of the evil New Gods.

I suggest listening to the vid I posted yesterday. That Conroy interview made respect him more. He went to Art school with Robin Williams and Christopher Reeve :thud:

ready for some batman?!!

QzLXvfX.jpg

tAif72o.jpg

eGi4xE5.jpg

dUAZxIw.jpg

IaPlEtF.jpg

ohyZFvf.jpg

Back