1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure (Specs + Pi

Eh. Origins did it better. I like that it's clearly different materials. Hes got his under armour layer with armor on top. The armor layer is not attached to the under layer, allowing freedom of movement, unlike the bale suit. Plus, everything from the waist down is just A+ on Origins, but on Bale its just bleh to the max.

An that opening... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4UsY0W19uc

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure (Specs + Pi

Nice to meet someone who agrees. I loved Origins a lot especially the store. I thought it was fantastic. I would love Hot Toys to make a figure from it. I would have bought the play arts by now but I have to much coming at the moment to afford it.

Buy the NECA figure. You will never regret it.

Eh. Origins did it better. I like that it's clearly different materials. Hes got his under armour layer with armor on top. The armor layer is not attached to the under layer, allowing freedom of movement, unlike the bale suit. Plus, everything from the waist down is just A+ on Origins, but on Bale its just bleh to the max.

An that opening... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4UsY0W19uc
So basically, the consensus is bar gameplay, Origins did everything better than some other Batman? Story and suit? That's what I'm noticing. >.> Also honestly, still prefer City's opening. Origins is nice but City had a lot more going on, and it felt pretty awesome actually controlling Bruce Wayne...and upper cutting Penguin :lol I mean that, that is just awesome.

On Origins NECA and Play Arts, the NECa does look great, and is around the same price as the Play Arts. The Play Arts AO Batman isn't worth it, he has less accessories than the previous Arkham Bats actually, yet is $40 more. It also looks kinda bad. The NECA one has the same accessories I think, but due to his larger scale, better paint, and sculpt, it's a great deal. I just don't have room for it >.>

So basically, the consensus is bar gameplay, Origins did everything better than some other Batman? Story and suit? That's what I'm noticing. >.> Also honestly, still prefer City's opening. Origins is nice but City had a lot more going on, and it felt pretty awesome actually controlling Bruce Wayne...and upper cutting Penguin :lol I mean that, that is just awesome.

On Origins NECA and Play Arts, the NECa does look great, and is around the same price as the Play Arts. The Play Arts AO Batman isn't worth it, he has less accessories than the previous Arkham Bats actually, yet is $40 more. It also looks kinda bad. The NECA one has the same accessories I think, but due to his larger scale, better paint, and sculpt, it's a great deal. I just don't have room for it >.>

For the most part I agree. Though the story in Arkham City is just as good, almost. Gameplay though is where Arkham City is superior. Somehow Origins made the combat kinda screwed up. And there were some game-breaking glitches they never cared to fix. You couldnt even ever actually get 100% completion OR the only sin I actually wanted: Nightmare Batman.
4061279-209000_screenshots_2013-10-27_00051.jpg

For the most part I agree. Though the story in Arkham City is just as good, almost. Gameplay though is where Arkham City is superior. Somehow Origins made the combat kinda screwed up. And there were some game-breaking glitches they never cared to fix. You couldnt even ever actually get 100% completion OR the only sin I actually wanted: Nightmare Batman.
4061279-209000_screenshots_2013-10-27_00051.jpg
The Arkham games have had a good story, but it always came back to Joker. This was fine in Asylum because Joker starts up everything, but in City, Hugo Strange is made out to be the main antagonist. Same with Origins, which in my opinion, loses points for the reveal because that killed some of my interest.

Origins did make some odd changes indeed, and the glitches are just unexcusable considering that they are still not patched, not a single one. Some changes made are controls and some new enemy types that I personally don't like.

And again, I do kinda want the NECA one...I might get it later, maybe.

I have a number of the 1/4th scale NECA figures. Hands down the best paint apps they have to offer. You won't regret it as long as you have the shelf space. :lol

pretty good life size Arkham City Batman, even if the paint is a bit flat and the legs a bit skinny

bmstatue_photo.jpg

That looks like the life size statue they have at the Warner bros building in London.

The physique on that statue is pretty good, not quite accurate to the game but good for Batman.

I still haven't played Origins... been keeping an eye out for a good deal. I bet this winter it'll be cheap.

The angle makes it look smaller too, it's not bad you can buy them but they are ludicrously priced

Just bought AC on Steam. Damn, I'm looking forward to having this guy. So many ways to pose him. Screw the rubber deformities. Hahah.

This looks so awesome; can't wait to get it!

I still have time on ordering this! I will have a couple of PO cleared soon. Might be able to fit this in?

Not sold on this one... I wonder if they'll do an Origins release.

2030... lol

Who is waiting on this bat I mean rubberman

Back