1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
huh, vinyl. So that may mean we're okay deterioration wise. Can we expect more durability when posing as well?

I didn't posed him as much as I prefer to keep my Batmen figures at neutral poses but from the reviews I've seen, the suit makes many posing snaps back into place though. :(

I would say if you like the game, Kevin Conroy, or a REALLY huge and intimidating Batman without that much care for poseability, then this figure is for you. The vinyl seems sturdy enough to hold up overtime that I really wouldn't worry about it. :duff

Exactly! He's my Affleck stand in until next year.

YFOy_lxPauO3sUZrg24FCMnjt_qPEJ8eCmiAGwbr8_Ga=w1181-h787-no

I actually think that design wise, this Batman looks better than Batfleck!

I really like the shots with the Man of Steel figure. I might have to have them share a shelf.

I'm a big fan of the Conroy Batman and the first two games. So this ones on the short list. The batsuit meltdown was my biggest worry about him.

You'd be happy to know that the shin guards slides back into place by pulling them down, hence the gaps won't be visible at all.

That's great news! Thanks for the info, man. And your pics look good! I hope I do get a figure with properly-positioned belt as well.

Great to hear that the suit is vinyl and not rubber!

I replayed Arkham Asylum last weekend and it made me more excited for this figure. Will replay Arkham City next. I just realized that the gauntlets are the same, it's just that Bats added something on top of it for Arkham City. The Bat-logo on his chest was slightly different on AA, as was his belt.

That's great news! Thanks for the info, man. And your pics look good! I hope I do get a figure with properly-positioned belt as well.

Great to hear that the suit is vinyl and not rubber!

I replayed Arkham Asylum last weekend and it made me more excited for this figure. Will replay Arkham City next. I just realized that the gauntlets are the same, it's just that Bats added something on top of it for Arkham City. The Bat-logo on his chest was slightly different on AA, as was his belt.

Thanks for the compliment and yeah, don't worry about it. Shartimus must have moved the legs around for the shin guards to dislocate like that. It's meant to go up and down.

As for the belt, I'm only speculating here, but maybe certain batches had some error applying the belt too high and I'm so glad it's not on mine, so if anyone is walking into a store to pick this figure up, remember to CHECK THE PLACEMENT OF THE BELT.

I've been replaying the two games and while I didn't compare it side-by-side with the figure, I do think it's incredibly accurate to the Arkham City game in terms of stature, color, look and overall presence. He looks like he jumped right out of the videogame.

Thanks for the compliment and yeah, don't worry about it. Shartimus must have moved the legs around for the shin guards to dislocate like that. It's meant to go up and down.

As for the belt, I'm only speculating here, but maybe certain batches had some error applying the belt too high and I'm so glad it's not on mine, so if anyone is walking into a store to pick this figure up, remember to CHECK THE PLACEMENT OF THE BELT.

I've been replaying the two games and while I didn't compare it side-by-side with the figure, I do think it's incredibly accurate to the Arkham City game in terms of stature, color, look and overall presence. He looks like he jumped right out of the videogame.

Great tip on the belt, Ryan. I'll definitely check on mine when I get it. Yours looked fine, and I'm sure Clipper probably received a defect.

I'm no expert, but he seems to be made with vinyl than rubber as he feels and smells exactly the same as a 2008 vinyl Medicom figure I had, which still holds up well. Does vinyl holds up better than rubber?

Good to know! I'm more keen on getting this figure now. :D

I'm a big fan of the Conroy Batman and the first two games. So this ones on the short list. The batsuit meltdown was my biggest worry about him.

Conroy Badman? All he did was supply the voice. Never heard his name until a few weeks ago in this thread. If an actor just supply the voice but it s not actually being filmed I could never see him as the character.

Conroy Badman? All he did was supply the voice. Never heard his name until a few weeks ago in this thread. If an actor just supply the voice but it s not actually being filmed I could never see him as the character.

He's been the voice for over 20 years.

You never heard of Kevin Conroy until a few weeks ago? You must not be into Batman. He is universally regarded as the greatest Batman actor, voice or not, ever. Ever.
If you're joking than disregard the above. If you are totally serious than all I can say is wow. Takes some courage to go into a Batman thread and openly admitt you've never heard of Kevin Conroy.

Back