1/6 SSC ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader Modification Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok here is the chest plate with pin I don't know if you can see it or not but here it goes. vader chest plate.jpg

Nice idea! I have been thinking about adding the hinge from the Sideshow figure but I think I won't. Since it's already painted very nicely and I don't want to ruin it, will just have to futz it.

There's no cape pin on the chest armor for ESB. The cape chain sits under the neck. The pin is on the ROTJ armor. It's one of those things you can make a judgement call on for your figure of you like the chain look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oh well I took the pin off I think it looks better and repainted the chest armor again it`s not so dark this time. so I said the heck with it and used the shoulder bells off of the Kaiyodo.

Well, I haven't actually seen the original helmets. I've just spent a lot of time scouring over pictures and owning several casts of high-end helmets that has more preserved detail from the ANH and ESB than you'd believe. Had to sell those, though.

Anyway, the original gunmetal grey is a Rolls Royce color - rumored to be the one called Tudor Grey. I had my eyes set on their Pewter color, but it is too light, but hearing someone from the production say that sometimes darkened the weathering color with black, I'm still hot on the Pewter color, because it has that smooth metallic look that we see on original helmets. The Tudor grey just seems less metallic and more just a slightly grainy grey color to me. But honestly, no one really knows the which the gunmetal color is yet, only that it's a Rolls Royce paint. The black is confirmed as the one called Mason's Black from Rolls Royce. And when you see it, you can tell it's the right color.

The gunmetal color in the pictures seem a little dark and grainy. But I can't say if it is wrong as I need to know if those were taken in natural light or inside and with flash. It just seems a tad too dark.

Can anyone post pictures of the Sideshow shoulder bells? Fron't and side. I've seen them before, but can't really remember.

I don't know I did my vader project check out the other page I think I got it close to the color. I bought a metallic silver and mixed it in with wrought iron so lmk what you think on how the color turned out

Resculpting the Kaiyodo is killing me haha. Omg. I sprayed it with primer and noticed many irregularities that were not seen before it had an even coat. Have to start over. X_X

I guess you will never be happy with it no matter how much you put in it. some other people will say that`s awesome while you the critic will never be happy with your own work. I am the same way I want perfection to you make your self sick

I guess you will never be happy with it no matter how much you put in it. some other people will say that`s awesome while you the critic will never be happy with your own work. I am the same way I want perfection to you make your self sick

And end up ruining it altogether. :lol

Hey, it worked out with Boba in the end so!

so hopefully you can get it to where you like it. hey it`s not going to be movie quality but if close is good enough I guess that`s where it has to be :)

I came across an old tip regarding a decent gunmetal color just now and many people have been using Dupli-Color black pearl paint with good results.

This is not in 1/6 scale (it's 25 cm) but I think that (with some little mods) it's more screen accurate than sideshow or hot toys! :horror

Attachments

• $_57 (3).JPG
    $_57 (3).JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 224
  • $_57 (4).JPG
    $_57 (4).JPG
    163.9 KB · Views: 229
This is not in 1/6 scale (it's 25 cm) but I think that (with some little mods) it's more screen accurate than sideshow or hot toys! :horror

That looks like the old applause Vader. A nice vinyl/plastic statue. If you're going to customize, though you're looking at a mego size figure.

Back