1/6 SSC ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader Modification Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok lmk what you think if this is close to the color as the onscreen mask darth vader mask.jpg

ok lmk what you think if this is close to the color as the onscreen maskView attachment 158437

I'd say that looks pretty close! Certainly looks like Vader to me. But Garlic is a better judge for this, he has seen the actual helmet, I have to go with pictures and whatnot, which always get distorted, lightning differs and everything. ^_^

I hope it looks close but let`s see what garlic thinks as well thanks for the compliment. I didn`t do the eye mod didn`t want to destroy the ssc helmet. after I did the mod like you did and looked at the ssc piece I was like wow are they way off

I hope it looks close but let`s see what garlic thinks as well thanks for the compliment. I didn`t do the eye mod didn`t want to destroy the ssc helmet. after I did the mod like you did and looked at the ssc piece I was like wow are they way off

I know right? It's not even close, quite a shame really. I would suggest finetuning the eyebrow sculpts you did, looks a little rough or is it just a test? :)

did you notice how the ssc mask looks like on a downward slope compared to how straight up the Kaiyodo mask looks. yeah im still smoothing out the eyebrows but my main concerns were the colors

did you notice how the ssc mask looks like on a downward slope compared to how straight up the Kaiyodo mask looks. yeah im still smoothing out the eyebrows but my main concerns were the colors

Pretty much everything is different on the Sideshow. It also looks for more elongated. But yes I also noticed this!

Colors look great to me. :vader

It's also the more research I did to Vader's helmet the more the Sideshow seemed to annoy me. Kind of like Boba Fett. It infuriates me that a paid sculptor just has to freekin google a vader image to see zero symmetry. -_-'

Just like the Sideshow Boba Fett not having the triangles on his forehead, or lacking the correct shape on his visor. Medicom has a better track record and that's saying something!

Back