1/6 SSC ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader Modification Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just my luck. Lost the sideshow tusks.. They dropped out of my hand and fell through the cracks of my wooden floor. Now I have to resculpt them... PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.. Have only one left because I was lucky enough to receive one head with only one tusk in the first place -_-

I want those. What hands did you use? They're bendy right? Sounds like a solid idea.

Best way to go i think,not the biggest lover of bendy hands and still feel their slightly overscaled with gloves on them. But with a little bit of modding i think they look great. I now have the 2 poses i really wanted to have for displaying the figure. And even the pointing pose:)
View attachment 164381

I have a Kaiyodo kit I'll never finish. However I made some alterations and tried to make the chest armor more accurate, but cut up the arms to get the hands at belt pose and screwed up so had to cast new arms.

yeah im happy with the way my vader turned out. I popped out the wrist pegs in the gloves with no problem. might find some leather boots and cut out the shin guards and place the shin guards over the leather boots but still keep the hard plastic feet to give it more articulation and realistic look.

yeah im happy with the way my vader turned out. I popped out the wrist pegs in the gloves with no problem. might find some leather boots and cut out the shin guards and place the shin guards over the leather boots but still keep the hard plastic feet to give it more articulation and realistic look.
I used the sleeves from the DX shin guards,just replace the armour parts with the cut down kaiyodo ones. Was looking at using long pleather boots but they all look shorter foot wise compared to the kaiyodo,which to my eye look perfect scale wise. Looking at picking up one of those Lforigno capes as well,love how they drape

I used the sleeves from the DX shin guards,just replace the armour parts with the cut down kaiyodo ones. Was looking at using long pleather boots but they all look shorter foot wise compared to the kaiyodo,which to my eye look perfect scale wise. Looking at picking up one of those Lforigno capes as well,love how they drape

show me a photo of the thing you did with the dx sleeves

show me a photo of the thing you did with the dx sleeves
View attachment 164567View attachment 164568View attachment 164569
Comparison between the kaiyodo on the left and sideshow. I put some black fabric around the inside of the ankle part of the boot so to hide any gap once the the sleeve fits down over it,and you still have full articulation. Basically it's the same principal as the DX. I might change these in the future with a parted out pair of boots from the HT ANH vader,they look awesome

Back